Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Black Desert Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Re: [Development] Black Desert Emulator

Hmm looks like an interesting project but it seems you're going with C++ so I can't really support you well with this because I've only the basic knowledge of this language. Feel free to contact me if you need help implementing something inside your server. I'll see what I can do! Good lock!

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Hmm looks like an interesting project but it seems you're going with C++ so I can't really support you well with this because I've only the basic knowledge of this language. Feel free to contact me if you need help implementing something inside your server. I'll see what I can do! Good lock!

Probably just help a bit with decrypting packets ? Because there are a lot of korean strings in server packet, which are definitely hard to decode.

--
Made a Launcher, which changes game and auth ip, web based api authentication with register.
InCube - Black Desert Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Worked a bit on the server list. Here are the results: :p

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Try parsing UTF8 instead of ASCII? Did that make any difference?

Reactions: DNC
Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Try parsing UTF8 instead of ASCII? Did that make any difference?
Decrypting packet nope. The best bet would be to use their font and write an application which parses the bytes to the font so we could know the text which is written in the packet.

Also the packet is Unicode, as you said UTF-8 :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice, congratulations on your progress!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

This is great, I wish you the best in the project! You're really good!

Black Desert looks really promising.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

I'm downloading Russian black desert and I will see how crypto changes. In Japanese version, it doesn't.
Russian has different authentication.

Also there was a patch today 683 or 684, packets and crypto remain the same.

Russian auth works WAY differently, and doesn't have anti-cheat.
You can't emulate this version, I'm definitely not sure about EU/NA versions, but maybe someone have an alpha account ?
Currently this emu only works on Korean version. Every single server has own encryption methods

I've decided to use "Trinity Core" engine as it is already invented, so I won't need to invent the wheel.
The only difference will be, that I will be using Lua for script managing and it will only be Windows platform, maybe in the future I might change this to have linux support.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Scias we are Chinese gamers Localization team。。we need some help~
We use loki reborn authorized English patch to make, but the core has been a long time without maintenance.I hope to get your help to make our work can continue. About how to repackage language pazfile~

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Scias we are Chinese gamers Localization team。。we need some help~
We use loki reborn authorized English patch to make, but the core has been a long time without maintenance.I hope to get your help to make our work can continue. About how to repackage language pazfile~
I will make a paz unpacker and packer, when I am finished getting and walking into the game world.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Very honored to get your help, I should be how to keep in touch with you.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

I'm still stuck on the server list packet, I have already figured out the new structure for it, only need to completely fix the header in order for it to work.

-- Update --
Turns out, server has it's own way of crypting the packet and I was sending the actual crypted packet to client, even if I wrote everything identical with own words, own IP it would just not work. I will find a way to decrypt it and update the sniffer and then I can continue onto game world.

-- Update --
With magic of IDA, I managed to decompile some packets, but not fully. There are 450 packets in total, not 2k not 1k but 450. The server, by my guess is the Client, which can be compiled to 2 different engines which is: Server and public client.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I'm still stuck on the server list packet, I have already figured out the new structure for it, only need to completely fix the header in order for it to work.

-- Update --
Turns out, server has it's own way of crypting the packet and I was sending the actual crypted packet to client, even if I wrote everything identical with own words, own IP it would just not work. I will find a way to decrypt it and update the sniffer and then I can continue onto game world.

-- Update --
With magic of IDA, I managed to decompile some packets, but not fully. There are 450 packets in total, not 2k not 1k but 450. The server, by my guess is the Client, which can be compiled to 2 different engines which is: Server and public client.

This is great, I believe in you! Black Desert will be my resignation from WoW

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Well.. It's really obvious. They handle every packet incoming from server with a specific switch case. Probably We could know the packet id once we get the very first and compare to very last by numbers.

With some work we can dump actual packet id without sniffing and we will know what it is.
Example "eTrHeartbeatReq" packet, which is sent every 6 seconds, it's opcode in hex is 0x3E9, same on sniffer.

Some packets are static, which offer the header only, but some aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: DNC
Staff member
Reaction score

I thought only Priston was compiled this way, with for example, #define CLIENT and #define SERVER, while the client build has a lot of unused server code too, who knows why. (including packet cases too)

So thats a commom practice I suppose... btw very good job with this. I also emulated PT1 until some stage with drz and I recgonize some stuff you are doing ^^ GL, it is a tough job.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Pushed new source. Please read the new "README" file.

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Huh you're doing great :)
But I believe it will be much better if you make a website (forum) for the project.
I'm sure a lot of dev's will join the project and contribute their work.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score

Why, so Daum & Pearl Abyss will run through his poop and issue a C&D?
They can't do that because I'm not copying the code, all is mine and TC's.

I can't say much about getting raw packets from server to client (after decrypt), because we were unable to find the addresses that are needed. Tried 2 ways of hooking the exact function which is referenced a dozen of times, first way detours, second asm, nothing, maybe wrong addr..

Updated sniffer for 684, now also makes raw client packet dump into your C root drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back