Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Cherry Dragon Emu (Soul of the Ultimate Nation)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cherry Dragon SUN Emulator

Hello everyone,
I would like to showcase my Soul of the Ultimate Nation emulator project.

How and Why?:

Since about 1 year now i have been on and off working on a few of similar projects and gained alot of knowledge about how the game and the network traffic works. Since most of these projects were abandoned by their founders and they worked with programming languages that i am not familiar with, i desided to start my own thing.

Knowledge and Base:

As already mentioned i gained alot of knowledge working on the game. BUT basicly all of the work up untill getting in the actuall game (Authentification Packets, Character Creation etc) was done by the people from this Thread (
https://forum.ragezone.com/f856/development-soul-ultimate-nation-server-1163655/ ) @CwaniX @marelegg @ashlay @Ashime (https://forum.ragezone.com/f859/online-encryption-algorithm-1145825/index4.html)
(i hope i didnt forget anybody)

Without them nothing of this would have been possible.

Motivation:

I am a young software developer from Germany and I love to programm in my free time. Up untill last year i did alot of Unity stuff. I became quite good at C# due to my hobby and my work of course. SUN was my first and most played MMO of all time. I started in the Beta up untill midway through Episode II. But Episode I is what i remember the most. I played on Etherain and later Klippe Server. Being German i was ofcourse part of the Rebels/Vendetta community and hated all Immortals
:eek:tt1:.So anyway lots of memories lie in this game.
Disclaimer: I work on this project in my free time. This can me multiple hours a week or none for multiple weeks depending on work and family.

Progress:

So now the interresting part i guess. What is done and what has to be done.
Ofcourse ALOT has to be done. But a decent amount is already there. The hard part is trying to get this progess into percentage values. So instead i will just list what is done and what is currently being worked on. Notice that there is are diffrent meanings to what is done. In the following DONE means i can tell the client to do a certain thing but there might not be al server logic implemented and DONE WITH LOGIC means everything is done but might need adjustments in the futuer.

DONE WITH LOGIC:
-Login
-Character Creation (with customization and name check)
-Character Deletion
-Enter World
-Back to Server selection
-Back to Char selection
-Equipment (inclusive Attributes like Bonus Armor or Damage from Equipment)
-Inventory
-NPC Shop
-Item Rankup
-Item Enchanting
-Item Crystalization
-Some GM Commands
-Spawning all Monsters via ingame Commands
-Attacking Monsters with Basic Attacks
-Damage Calculation including Monster Stats and Player Stats
-Receiving calculated Experience
-Moving between Towns

DONE:

-Skill levelup
-Attribute levelup
-moving to all Maps

Being worked on:

-Skills with Effects Buffs Debuffs
-Monster behavior (walking, attacking etc.)

Alex Mgh - [Development] Cherry Dragon Emu (Soul of the Ultimate Nation) - RaGEZONE Forums
Alex Mgh - [Development] Cherry Dragon Emu (Soul of the Ultimate Nation) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ok so that it i guess.
I have a private Github Repository that i am willing to share with anyone that wants to help so just PM me about it.

I hope that in the future we might be able to meet in SUN and grind some AC together!
Greetings

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just figured out Monster Movement, so next on the list is monsters attacking back.
Ok monsters can attack back. As always this is just the packets and being able to tell the client that the monster attacks,
no fancy Batte AI behind it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i recently played around with Quest Packets and I am now able to accepte,update and complete Quests with Experience, Heim and Item Rewards.
I did not try updating quests after monster kill yet. But I am sure it should not be a problem.

I will try to post a nice overview about overall progress, the state of the emulator and the biggest problems soon.
Then everyone visiting this page will have an idea of what is going on and how he/she might be able to help if he/she wants to.

Greetings

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So as you can see in the Screenshot i divided the Development into multiple steps:

To Do: Everything that needs to be done.
(Note: I will add more detailed steps during development ofc)

In Progress: Eveything that has already been somewhat started

PackageDone: If all Packets needed to fullfill the Issue are known and implemented but there is no real coding logic behind it yet.
(Example: asking to complete Quest and the server just answers success without checking if all requirements are met)

BaseLogicDone: If the packets are known and there is some sort of logic between receiving the packet from the client and sending the answer packet.
(Example: Spending Money and there is an actual check if the player has enought money)

FullLogicDone: If the code is basicly in release state.
(Note: As you can see there is nothing in here yet. There is probably alot of code that is already near that release state, but there are so many things changing everyday that it would not be correct to put anything there. Once everything is in the State of BaseLogicDone there will be a playable alpha version of the server.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will continue to post updates on this thread but i will try to make it a little more coordinated. So i will post Development Updates and in those i will alway focus on one part that is being worked on right now.

[Development Update #1] Basic Quest System

So from previouse posts you know i dove a little bit into the questing packets.
For now I already made significant progress for the base System.
Quests can be can be accepted, auto completed and be handed in.
The packet for telling the game the overall quest progress (like finished quest and already accepted quest) is also done.
This includes keeping track of already killed monsters if you logg off.

I am currently working on stuff like receiving quest items from accepting a quest and gaining the correct reward.
The packet for the reward is alreay done but i need to write a parser for the reward list so you get the correct amount of exp,heim and items not just a fixxed value.

The nex thing will be updating the quest during play, which currently works for receiving quest items but not for killing monsters.

I will post again if i make progress.

Thanks for your attention

[Project Update #1]

I am pleased to tell you marelegg has decided to rejoin the project and for now will be responsible for converting the .txt files containing all the information about items,quests, etc into a real database and some organisational stuff, to improve the project by alot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Development Update #2] Quest, Skills and AI

The Quest System from the previous post is almost done. Some things that already work:

-accepting/handing in quests
-receiving quest items on quest accept
-spawning monsters on quest accept if needed
-receiving the correct item exp and heim reward
-updating quests on monster kill or item acquisition
-keeping the state of all running and finished quests

Things that i didnt look into yet:
-harvest quests (clicking on some object on the map and receiving some item)

I started working on Skills and got the general packets for that to work :)
So basic skills that just do damage and have some basic effects like slows etc should work fine.

I also started working on AI and Monster behavior. I created a State-System and currently have 5 implemented states:

-Idle (standing around)
-Wander (walking around)
-Attack
-Track (running to current target until in range)
-Return (go back to spawn location)

They should be pretty self explanatory. Wander and Idle are constantly switching.

Here is a little video showing basic skills and ai

There is alot of work to be done and the things in the video are not 100% finished and have some bugs, BUT
It is starting to feel like an actual Game :)

<font size="2">

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is really cool. I remember when all the monsters had AI more like in the nightmare quests, they'd never give up chase you all the way to the next portal. But they toned it down because of huge groups of mobs pooling up at town portals as everyone just ran through the maps. And to stop people from pulling the AC bosses out of the pvp zones. Kinda messed up when you go to a map for the first time and there is a boss just standing there at the portal because someone ran thru and got it's attention.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is really cool. I remember when all the monsters had AI more like in the nightmare quests, they'd never give up chase you all the way to the next portal. But they toned it down because of huge groups of mobs pooling up at town portals as everyone just ran through the maps. And to stop people from pulling the AC bosses out of the pvp zones. Kinda messed up when you go to a map for the first time and there is a boss just standing there at the portal because someone ran thru and got it's attention.

Haha :)

Yeah the good thing is that i will implement multiple "moveTypes"

- some mobs will be wandering randomly like the one in the video
- others (like Captains) will always be in 1 spot
- some will patrol between fixed points
- and ofc Lucky mobs will run across the whole map and everyone will just run after it, then it will dissapear at 2% :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome project!

I have been waiting for this game to open-source for a long time.

People who are still playing this game must be over 30s。
Great fellings by this game.
so when the project will be public share?
The people who are still playing this game are in their 30s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to you completing it. Come on

我期待你完成它。快点

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Development Update #3] Skill, Effects, AoE, DoT, Buffs

So since last Time, quiet a few things happened and improved.

Server Side:

I continued working on Skills and their effects like Dots, Buffs and AoE Skills, Skill casting etc.
The progress is steady and i think i got about 60-70% of the skills working. It takes quiet some time because i have to go through each skill individually and test alot of stuff bevore its working 100%. The good thing is that there shouldnt be any obstacles besides the Dragon Transform Skill which i havent looked into yet.

In the meantime to not get burned out i got the warehouse System done, so that is nice.

Client Side:

For the client side i am currently working on importing the skill descriptions in english. They differ a bit from the originial korean strings, so they have to be imported 1 by 1 for the client not to crash.

Thats it for now, i will try to post a video in high quality about the Skill Progress that i have made as a showcase for you guys. Leave a like if you want, it makes working on the project alot more satisfying :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ CwaniX @ Ashime
have try their github source,but....seems didn't work :)
ty all the same.
& Now, a lot of people are waiting for your dragon project:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you work on github?
Maybe we can use that for testing。

Reaction score
Github its private!It will be a time when will be posible testing server!

Update:
Iv been done 60% the new mysql database structure!
*Merging *txt data files into mysql data tables
*Implementing new tables : client & server version tables
*Cleaning obfuscated text

Last edited:
Back