Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Showcase] TalesWeaver global Private server development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been working on a private server for global TalesWeaver 1.01 as later version have hackshield enabled.
It is currently developped as a prototype in ruby and working quite well so far.
My goal is to make a fully fonctionnal private server. It's a hard task but not impossible with
the leak of the japanese server which provide usefull information and server data.

There is so much to do but I wanted to share this even in early stage with you.

server_list - [Showcase] TalesWeaver global Private server development - RaGEZONE Forums select_char - [Showcase] TalesWeaver global Private server development - RaGEZONE Forums create_char - [Showcase] TalesWeaver global Private server development - RaGEZONE Forums HelloFromTW101 - [Showcase] TalesWeaver global Private server development - RaGEZONE Forums

Hope you'll find this interesting. I'll try to post as much update as possible if you care about.
By the way if you are interested in helping in the development, contact me.

Thanks for the support.

Here is a changelog which I'll update:

2015/07/28
+ bank
- seed deposit
- seed withdraw
+ Map
- portal visual effects

2015/07
+ inventory
- drop item
- pick item
- equip item
+ bank
- item deposit
+ NPC
- buy item
+ character
- status update (sit/stand up)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been working on a private server for global TalesWeaver 1.01 as later version have hackshield enabled.
It is currently developped as a prototype in ruby and working quite well so far.
My goal is to make a fully fonctionnal private server. It's a hard task but not impossible with
the leak of the japanese server which provide usefull information and server data.

View attachment 152668View attachment 152666View attachment 152667View attachment 152669

Hope you'll find this interesting. I'll try to post as much update as possible if you care about.

Thanks for the support.

ekinox! I love you for doing this! I would like to help you with this project. I really want to bring Global Talesweaver back to life. Please contact me when you have the chance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

View attachment 152668View attachment 152666View attachment 152667View attachment 152669

Thanks for the support.

Hows the server coming along?
any new updates?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are so much to do and alone it is really a huge challenge.

Here is what I've been working in the past few days
- inventory
- drop item
- pick item
- equip item
- bank
- item deposit
- NPC
- buy item
- character status update (sit/stand up)

On top of that, I've been working on background data such as character status update after drop/pick/buy...
Still have some bug on some background data and a freaking huge todo list but seems are going quite well so far.
Still need to sniff many traffic network and find out how thing are working in old TW version, then remap data to work with gTW 1.01

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just added some new stuff
- bank seed deposit
- bank seed withdraw

Would need to fix client because they inverted button in bank interface. It has been corrected in 1.02 but I'm not running the 1.02 as it include hackshield.

If someone know how to completly remove hackshield leave me a message would save me some work.

Ok i add a changelog on the first message instead of each time adding a new message
I'll definitively still post update message for you to have notification, fell free to ask question or anything else.

Even if the changelog seems quite small for the moment, there is so much done and a way much more to be done.

YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score
Have u tried just removing the folder? :D even tho it sounds stupid this has worked in few games so far.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@zarut did not try to delete the folder, would have to reinstall another version and test this out.
k0d0k this is a basic server emulator yes

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx xjzragezone
I know it is trully a hard work and would need help, but I need to find the right people to help who actually develop and not have to teach how to or it will just had a lot of work too ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not making it OpenSource? I would contribute.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Yothri for the moment it is more a proof of concept than anything else.

There are no way to get actual network traffic dump of gTW. I've been working by sniffing
other old private and official client/server network but it is actually not the same data.
If I inject packet data it just crash the global client as is.

It need soooooo many RE to get something working and there are still many data unknown.
Even by knowing the data structure of a packet, you need to guess and then debug client to find the right
structure for a specific command.

But why not making a team to work on it, just need to find the right people who will actually get involved
in the project and not just hang around without contributing to it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea i just found out that the game is not live currently that makes it really hard to find out all the packets stuff. I mean you could RE everything, but this will cost a lot of time and tbh i dont have it and i cant RE. xD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
made an account and joined after finding this thread on google. place for the love of god make it happen

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@kwonglai the server is currently under development, work in progress, proof on concept..., so actually there are no way to play on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually in gTW ep2 was not active but I found that I can create ep2 characters ( so yes Issaac ) but not with the default game interface.
Maybe I could update the client game data to include ep2 characters within the character creation interface but that's absolutly not my priority.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This client is not a lot of things did not release it? Such as deserts, the shadow of the tower, EP2 chapter story, map EP2 and awakening?

Or .. could have been there, but because it is Korean, not translated no release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back