Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Travian Kingdom Like Game

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Travian fans..

Few days ago I started recreating Travian Kingdoms game, It's not that hard, and if I continue with this pace, It will be somewhat ready in two weeks or so.

But now I have a dilemma, and I would like to ask you for help...

Should I continue making a copy of Travian Kingdoms or should I procede with a different type of game?

So here are my arguments for both sides:

> If I continue working on a copy, I could expect quicker growth in player base, I would already have all the design and art ready, I don't have to think about gameplay, I just copy it and I don't have to teach players how to play, what is an end goal and so on, but on the other hand, there is always a problem of copyright, I couldn't get any revenue, I couldn't register this product and other legal stuff.

> If I procede with new game, well, all the opposite, I would have to do heavier advertisment to gather players, do completely new art and design, come up with new gameplay, worry if players will understand the end goal, or even if they would like it... on the other hand I would have my own product, which I would have a total control of, I could make some revenue (at least just to cover some upkeep costs), and so on..​

Here are some screenshots of what I have so far:

bozo5573 - New Travian Kingdom Like Game - RaGEZONE Forums

bozo5573 - New Travian Kingdom Like Game - RaGEZONE Forums bozo5573 - New Travian Kingdom Like Game - RaGEZONE Forums bozo5573 - New Travian Kingdom Like Game - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see I am working on this in Unity Engine (in C#) not in JavaScript like the original

this is better cause I can have Browser version of game as well as Desktop and Smartphone versions, and all of them would be communicating better than current TK with their mobile app

So what do you think.. I already have some ideas about that different game, but it would be a longer process since I would have to come up with new art.. (I already have an killer artist ready from previous projects we worked together on) And I'm kinda more in favor of doing the different game, but I would like to hear your opinion on this...

If you are in favor of the new game, do you have any suggestions? Like what would you change with travian, what would you like to see in games you play (browser ones, right?)

Thank you all in advance!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would be down for open sourcing too. You could upload the files to Github with a license that allows for contribution to your project only. This way we can assist you in the development of the game through Unity.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Can you share this project i like to help developing it to.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can export as package or share project with uity i use unity too ;)
Hello Can you share this project i like to help developing it to.
I would be down for open sourcing too. You could upload the files to Github with a license that allows for contribution to your project only. This way we can assist you in the development of the game through Unity.

So sorry for not being active... These are all good ideas... I would definitely do that...
I need to find this project.. Since I was assigned other projects.. and didn't had time..
I'll post the link as soon as I publish it.. Hopefully there will be some artists who can help with assets..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So sorry for not being active... These are all good ideas... I would definitely do that...
I need to find this project.. Since I was assigned other projects.. and didn't had time..
I'll post the link as soon as I publish it.. Hopefully there will be some artists who can help with assets..

Hi

When you post it i could help. For Artists i know in my family who is good in art's. She use a drawing tablet.

So let me know when the project is online so we can exploide it and work on it.

You can talk direct to my on discord.
http://ict-atlas.com/ict-atlas/images/discord.png

Regards,
Karim

Last edited:
Back