Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Archlord] Source Code + Server + Client

Reaction score

Archlord is a free-to-play dark fantasy MMORPG where the main focus for players is to become the game world’s supreme ruler. Each month, one player will win control of the mystical world of Chantra and be allowed to rule wisely or wreak havoc, as they see fit. Heavy on PvP, Archlord also has PvE, group, guild, and siege warfare modes available. Players may select from four races and nine classes, along with a variety of combat and crafting skills. Players may also explore across a host of map locations, including cities, fields, dungeons, battlegrounds, elemental worlds, and the Chaotic Frontier.

So, a little context; I started an emulator project for this game a couple years ago, I even created a thread for it here some time ago showcasing the process that was made. Fast forward to December 2021, the ArchLord source code was starting to spread around, and fast, fast enough that it eventually was posted public. I got my hands not only on that version that was leaked public, but also on another more up to date version. Since, these files that I got didn't contain any server data, I opted to do two things with them. The first was to just use the client portion of the code, and use that as a base to build off of, and the second was to use the code as a research base and utilize the information to build and extend the emulator.

What ended up happening, was the first part of the plan ended up being pretty successful for the most part, I upgraded the code to work (somewhat) in vs2022, found a client that seemed to work with the codebase out of the box, and was able to get kind of a strangehold on the client as a base to work off of. What ended up NOT happening, was the server portion of the project. I ended up being very busy with IRL responsibilities after December, and underestimated the amount of work that was still required to complete the emulator.

Fast forward again, to about a month ago, after letting the emulator remain stagnant for some months, and realizing I didn't really have the time nor the manpower to actually build the emulator to a mature state. So I decided a change of pace in the project was required, I opted to abandon the emulator that I spent the last two years on, and change my focus on developing the server portion of the source code. ArchLord shares a number of data files between the server and client, so I figured I would use the old ep2 server files that were publically available, and use the files from the working client I had and upgrade them where I could. I ended up being semi-successful in this endeavor, as it resulted in servers that were compliable in vs2022, and worked well enough. It was also at this time, that one of my team members told me he had some server data files that he collected in the past, and that it could prove to be useful. It turned out that they were quite useful indeed, and utilizing those, and other contributions from the community we arrive to today.

I've been able to put together a mostly working release, albeit there are still issues and bugs that exist in the game that need to be fixed. Since there isn't a unified data set, and everything has been frankensteined together this was an expected result. However, I am happy that for the most part the game works without any major issues.

What this release contains is a multitude of things, there is a server vm, built on the latest vmware that contains a complete server solution. However, with the way vmware does it's networking, and the way archlord's servers work, you will probably have to update some internal configs to point to the correct IP. There are some instructions on the desktop that should help guide you. There is also a test client that I put together, that currently points to my test server that I set up for the project's community. In order to use that client for personal use, you will need to edit the archlord.ini file located in the client's root, a tool to decrypt/encrypt that file can be found on the desktop of the vm. There will also be a link to three separate gits, that contain the source, raw client, and raw server data. This is incase you wish to build the project yourself.

Notes on compiling:
To build the client, open AlefClient.sln in vs2022, make sure you installed MFC and whatnot. ONLY Release Win32 works, debug technically builds but it has runtime issues.

To build the servers, open AlefRelayServer.sln, AlefLoginServer.sln, and AlefServer.sln, all three are built using Release x64

Downloads:
Server VM:
Client:
Source Code:
Raw Server Data:
Raw Client Data:
Server Only(No VM):

Mirrors:
Server VM:
Client:
Server Only(No VM):

As always please provide mirrors!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice Share working fine just idk how to make new accounts and make gm account can you please enlighten on it ?

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
which version is this one?thanks
also i have a data folder that adds the demon npc even thingy and some stones and fixes sieges,but the cloacks get buggy and might freeze your char

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ah nvm then my files work for client ep 2.5
im going to test this,most data in client and server are in crypted INI folders,you can decrypt and copy paste both and the server and client sync

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
got it working,dragon xions work too and so far no errors
is buggy but not several crashes
and if you are reading this :F*****K YOU JUSTAC FOR HOGGIN THE EP 7 FILES FOR YEARS NOW WE HAVE THIS F***K YOU
cmb - [Archlord] Source Code + Server + Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a patched version with 103/105/KOR110.

Reaction score
I'll try to get some mirrors up tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Didn't expect anonfiles to die right after I uploaded to them lol.

Here's a server VM mirror

Client mirror

First post has been updated with the mirrors

Last edited:
Back