Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Diablo 3 Beta Client + Server (old mooege unfinished)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, since I was looking at my mega account, I came across something i've forgotten, a full Diablo 3 Beta client and a server emulator (mooege) working for it.

Now, yes it is unfinished stuff, and moeege got shut down many years ago, but why not share what's left of it. Who knows maybe someone could at least develop it further, even in beta.

Here are the links to client, compiled server and the source as it was at that time.

Client:
Server:
Source:
Tool to avoid quota from mega:

Source for Client version 1.0.3.10057 (if anyone has that particular client, he/she is welcome to share it):

###Current Status:
* You can Login, create characters and enter world.
* The Fallen Star quest working in 99%.
* Legacy of Cain quest working in 20%.
* A Shattered Crown quest working in 0%.
* Reign of the Black King quest working in 5%.
* Skills working in 50%.
* Drop is still bugged. Decrease of gold drop.
* Working with 1.0.3.10057 (soon newer with new Patcher).

Don't ask me what is working or not, its easy to setup, a readme is inside the archive.
It is really bugged but for someone that has knowledge, time and will, it can be somewhat expanded as to working content, even if it's a beta client. The content is in there, the emulation part is only lacking it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey! :D It has a source, so this is a good share, also at last this is not an other korean/cineese whatnot... XD IT IS A RELIEF! :D Thx

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is working for me.... Its just too big to download with free account at once...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey, yes 7+GB with mega is a no go, but... use the tool I added in the first post, you can find many guides on how to use it.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
probaly not, to old and blizzard gonna sue you easily

Theese reasons are always on scene does not matter if this is old.... also, there is always a possibility if you are working on any emulator the interventions, however... this is the same blizzard who does not take any actions against the wow emulators, soooo....

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, i tried it and it is wont work... the client itself is not starting it says; Localisation files are not found... the emu itself is works,just the client wont...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete "Diablo III.mfil".

-locale enUS -launch

Do not block all connections in your firewall.

Good luck.

cyberghoser1 - Diablo 3 Beta Client + Server (old mooege unfinished) - RaGEZONE Forums
cyberghoser1 - Diablo 3 Beta Client + Server (old mooege unfinished) - RaGEZONE Forums

(

and

)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
YESS thanks, it is working now, well. It is a very basic server, and it is fine. However it should REALLY worth it to develop further becouse it is working good(if you try to trade with a normal trader in the city the client crashes) but basic fight with basic skills are working... this is a very skeleton server. (I know the development was over before it shoul really began) so what we have this small source a bit more detailed than the readme txt:

- Fairly stable and relyable running
- it uses sqlite db-s
- Login, works
- Character creation
- World load works
- BAsic controls are working
- There is one ar two people in town who you can talk with
- you can pickup the first quest(no more i am not certain if that is can be finished though)
- Health potions not working(amongst many items)
- Item pickups is working but my guess is that who wrote the script just wanted to test becouse the enemies are spilling the items.(high drop rate)
- only one level up for your character, after that all your stats revert back to 0.
- Secondary skill is working but does no damage at all
- s*itload money drops XD
- In theory the forge is works in the city, but i did not tried
- Monsters works. however only the zombies, any other enemy típe is not attacking you
- Some other areas loads well
- you dont get hurt from monsters(at least i tryed the monk)

My guess it that most functions what is works; is comes from the client, not from the emulator.

It really will be good if someone would pick this development up.(I cannot program in this language but if someone can...)

And as for the legal issues what @master_unknown mentioned:

You are not around this forums??! There are plenty of stuff what should not be here in legal terms in ragezone... if everyone would afraid of the legal consequences, there would be no emulators at all. Blizzard went after one or two servers, yes, but just to show: they are watching, they are the owners; but besides that; there are tonns and tonns of servers whats works for 10-12 years for now constantly, also publicly avaliable the code and ect ect... and no one bats an eye... so not the creators stands in the development's way mostly not...(also you should host a development site and server in a city where all of theese things are not matters...) so in this forums; worrying about legal issues and considering developing becouse of it; nonsense....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for releasing cyberghoser1
Thanks for testing and giving a list of features Flyer8472

It really will be good if someone would pick this development up.(I cannot program in this language but if someone can...)
What languages do you know? It shouldn't be hard to switch language at this very early stage ;). Also consider learning c#, it's a nice language!

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for releasing @cyberghoser1
Thanks for testing and giving a list of features @Flyer8472

What languages do you know? It shouldn't be hard to switch language at this very early stage ;). Also consider learning c#, it's a nice language!

That my friend is Delphi/Lazarus, HTML/PHP/CSS3, and mysql. The rest i can modify...(like VC but not much, i was working with C with warz but i gave up that project. I am more into the Cryptic games(STO/NWO))

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seems like the version of diablo is not the required one for the source files:

You are mostly correct, as it is the only source I could find, well, there is another one that I added now to the OP, it is for client version 1.0.3.10057 but claims to have more content working, so maybe it can work with the client from the OP as well, I really don't know. That's all I could retrieve for diablo 3 sadly.

Also, a personal note, thought, is that once the Necromancer is released, once Diablo 4 development starts (soon as I can tell), Blizzard will add an offline single player mode to this game, it only makes sense to do so. And if they don't, well... Median XL is the dope. :D

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also, a personal note, thought, is that once the Necromancer is released, once Diablo 4 development starts (soon as I can tell), Blizzard will add an offline single player mode to this game, it only makes sense to do so. And if they don't, well... Median XL is the dope. :D

Well it is good to know, however my intrest(and i think the most people has this too) in lan matches... but if blizzard takes a step towards SP it will be extraordinary too, becouse the most of the AAA companies are just abandoning their games once the main server is gone... (Just some titles: City of Heroes, Matrix Online, Burnout Paradise, ect ect...) Also, there is a battlenet 1.0 emulator what works too, so i dont give up hopes :D XD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well it is good to know, however my intrest(and i think the most people has this too) in lan matches... but if blizzard takes a step towards SP it will be extraordinary too, becouse the most of the AAA companies are just abandoning their games once the main server is gone... (Just some titles: City of Heroes, Matrix Online, Burnout Paradise, ect ect...) Also, there is a battlenet 1.0 emulator what works too, so i dont give up hopes :D XD

True, I really don't understand the Online Single Player Experience thing, the most i've played D3 was alone, except some boosts, that took the fun out completely. Once a true SP is added, they will see what powerful communities can do with a game, for me D3 is not an original Diablo game, even if RoS somewhat saved it. That's what happens when clueless people like Jay Wilson get their hands at gold, bad bad bad.

Anyway, let's hope for it, I don't see why not, but time will tell.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You know what would be cool, if this was converted into the diablo we want it to be, like all new custom maps, different end game system, custom bosses and items, one can dream :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You know what would be cool, if this was converted into the diablo we want it to be, like all new custom maps, different end game system, custom bosses and items, one can dream :)

There is something I don't quite understand as of now, for example WoW, a Blizzard game, has many projects ongoing with open source development, TrinityCore is one of them.

I don't see why Diablo 3 does not. You never know, out of nowhere some peeps might present something working, one can dream yes :)

Once the game gets SP, real SP, the mods will take care of everything, then and only then we will see a decent Diablo 3, it took a year and still counting just to release one class and challenges rifts... in the same time some free-for-work developers made entire expansions for other games. Nuff' said.

Back