Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dragon's Prophet Server Files VM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I started the server without errors, I can start the client as well, I can even see in one server's console that client from my IP connected (so I know that networking is just fine) but the client stays in "Connecting..." phase for a long time and nothing happens.

I guess there will be some problem in configuring the IP addresses, I have changed them in Host.ini
CONTROLLER_SERVICE_IP = 192.168.1.172
CONTROLLER_SERVICE_PORT = 36579
CONTROLLER_MASTER_IP = 192.168.1.172
CONTROLLER_MASTER_PORT = 36581

Which of these 2 ports should I use in client to connect ? I tried both and in both cases I can see some message in server console popup about the connecting client but the game client says "Connecting..."

But I guess I have to change IPs in more places than just this ini file.

b58f6973478323cfce408291d07d226c - Dragon's Prophet Server Files VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Here I can see the IP from host machine after I click login button:
dfbff1fe0d738cba6cc159359d8dce92 - Dragon's Prophet Server Files VM - RaGEZONE Forums
af509fd829814a8bb541095e0323fb62 - Dragon's Prophet Server Files VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Dakado
Why don't you leave the config at 127.0.0.1?

[CONTROLLER_HOST]
WORKING_DIRECTORY = .\TempDir
CONTROLLER_SERVICE_IP = 127.0.0.1
CONTROLLER_MASTER_IP = 127.0.0.1
LANGID = 1
ENABLEEMAILREPORT = 0
IS_AUTO_RESTART = 1
AGENT_NAME = gamewaker
BACKUP_DIR = xxx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Dakado
Why don't you leave the config at 127.0.0.1?

[CONTROLLER_HOST]
WORKING_DIRECTORY = .\TempDir
CONTROLLER_SERVICE_IP = 127.0.0.1
CONTROLLER_MASTER_IP = 127.0.0.1
LANGID = 1
ENABLEEMAILREPORT = 0
IS_AUTO_RESTART = 1
AGENT_NAME = gamewaker
BACKUP_DIR = xxx

I tried to connect without chaging anything, but it did not work so I tried to change those IPs. Because 127.0.0.1 usually means that I can connect only from the same host as the server is running on, so I would not be able to connect from my main OS to the server that is running in VM. I have the VM networking in bridged mode so I can see the VM from my whole home network.

What exactly values "CONTROLLER_SERVICE_IP" and "CONTROLLER_MASTER_PORT" means ? Is client connecting to these IPs or these are configured there only for internal communication between server services ?

Thanks for the help! I appareciate it a lot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to connect without chaging anything, but it did not work so I tried to change those IPs. Because 127.0.0.1 usually means that I can connect only from the same host as the server is running on, so I would not be able to connect from my main OS to the server that is running in VM. I have the VM networking in bridged mode so I can see the VM from my whole home network.

What exactly values "CONTROLLER_SERVICE_IP" and "CONTROLLER_MASTER_PORT" means ? Is client connecting to these IPs or these are configured there only for internal communication between server services ?

Thanks for the help! I appareciate it a lot.

DP's server infrastructure is split up in 3 parts, Master, Host and Node.
Master is Runewaker's server to authenticate the Host servers to.

Host servers were what the publishers got to connect different nodes to.

They did it this way to prevent leaks, the thought being that if a publisher ever leaked the host server or node server it'd be useless since it couldn't authenticate itself.
It was also done for publishing reasons cause each host server needed to be authenticated by the master server.

That's what these values are, the controller_master_ip is the external IP the master server should be reachable on. Considering it's probably the same machine the Host server runs on it should be 127.0.0.1

Likewise, the controller_service_ip is for each node server to know where the host server is, which should still be the same machine.

The thing that eventually talks to the outside world and clients is configured in the proxy server (and the global ini, first portion)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DP's server infrastructure is split up in 3 parts, Master, Host and Node.
Master is Runewaker's server to authenticate the Host servers to.

Host servers were what the publishers got to connect different nodes to.

They did it this way to prevent leaks, the thought being that if a publisher ever leaked the host server or node server it'd be useless since it couldn't authenticate itself.
It was also done for publishing reasons cause each host server needed to be authenticated by the master server.

That's what these values are, the controller_master_ip is the external IP the master server should be reachable on. Considering it's probably the same machine the Host server runs on it should be 127.0.0.1

Likewise, the controller_service_ip is for each node server to know where the host server is, which should still be the same machine.

The thing that eventually talks to the outside world and clients is configured in the proxy server (and the global ini, first portion)

EDIT: I have managed to connect to the server with the default preconfigured IP it works. But still wondering if I would like to change the IP what places would I need to edit to make it work properly outside of windows ipv4 settings.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again,

Are there any tools available to configure/change some things ingame ? For example where would I edit server name and flag (so its not chinesse) and items in daily rewards + is there any item ID database ?

Thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again,

Are there any tools available to configure/change some things ingame ? For example where would I edit server name and flag (so its not chinesse) and items in daily rewards + is there any item ID database ?

Thanks in advance!

P3_WorldDb -> WorldConfigTable to set the level cap, exp rate, etc per world.
P3_ImportDB-> ServerListInfo to set the world name, flag, etc.
P3_ImportDB-> VipLvSetting to set the daily login rewards

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
P3_WorldDb -> WorldConfigTable to set the level cap, exp rate, etc per world.
P3_ImportDB-> ServerListInfo to set the world name, flag, etc.
P3_ImportDB-> VipLvSetting to set the daily login rewards

Thanks! Is there any Item database or how can I exctract item ids ? I saw there is some ObjEdit tool to view items, but I am not sure how to configure it properly its saying some error message but its in chinesse so its not very useful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no item database,
The item database is stored client side, but it's in a proprietary format.
The ObjEdit tool requires the DPData database or the ObjEdit database, which were never shared (to my knowledge) so that tool is broken, your best bet is to just try different numbers and check the P3_WorldDb->RoleData_Item databse for the item ids, they're just sequential

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I will share with you at the end of the day, I must first eat with my mother, Happy Mother's Day to all moms :kiss:

Feel free to send me a copy of that tool as well, I've been slamming my head into a brick wall trying to reverse those tables for weeks now, by hand :dancemental:

Reaction score
The tool doesn't allow editing .db files, it's just a viewer to see the "table_xxx.db" files.
Apparently, it contains a Trojan, I will not put a link to download it.

VirusTotal Scan (32/65) :

I can give you the csv folder I extracted :

If someone still wants the tool, I can share it via private message :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The tool doesn't allow editing .db files, it's just a viewer to see the "table_xxx.db" files.
Apparently, it contains a Trojan, I will not put a link to download it.

VirusTotal Scan (32/65) :

I can give you the csv folder I extracted :

If someone still wants the tool, I can share it via private message :D:

Hmmm I thought that reading .db files will solve my issue - which is knowing which item ID is what item but seems like there is not much in those .db tables, so I am confused, which files contains ID-Item Name mappings ? Is it in the .ros files then ? And is there any way how to read them ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm I thought that reading .db files will solve my issue - which is knowing which item ID is what item but seems like there is not much in those .db tables, so I am confused, which files contains ID-Item Name mappings ? Is it in the .ros files then ? And is there any way how to read them ?

that's because it's the TABLE_ tables, the table you wanted is the string_eneu.db file which has all the item id's and their translations/

the TABLE_ tables are internal system tables to manage internal game values, like npc positions, drop rates, etc.

The .ros files are "Rena Object Stream" files, which can be anything from 3d models to textures, to rigs. Those are mainly used for mapping the skeletons to 3d models and the textures to 3d models.

Root->Character ros files = All Skeletal Meshes (Meshes with a skeleton)
Root->Enviroment ros files = All 3d meshes that can't move on their own, walls, buildings, stuff like that
Root->Fx ros files = All effects that can be placed around the world, think flames, smoke, particle effects, stuff like that.

To edit the ros files you'll need to use Avalanche (which is working in the original file dump)

To edit the level data, you'll need the WDB ros files (yes, unlike RoM DP uses ros files for the WDB, however you're missing the TOC file that translates the map files to a readable WDB format)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Does that folder contain anything that hasn't been shared already? Looks really big for a normal server dump tbh since the normal server & client dump is only 22,000,000,000 bytes.... (22 gigs) and that looks to be around the 82 gig mark...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
a lot just a few versions of the server, documentation, server and client patches, web api and much more

Hmm, some of that stuff might be useful to comb through. Especially to fill the ghap in documentation. In case you're willing to share it ofc.

Back