Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Echo of Soul Level 70

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this happened even in official servers but i forgot the solution,

i will try to setup the server today when i arrive home, i loved this game back when thai, then aeria and private server that got shut down due to poor management, hope we can meet in a private server again and revive the good times, i have no words to thank u guys, but thanks.

@DNC @Hycker @yokohiro

Sir, i have a problem in game. Lv.7 Souls of Chaos quest the mob does not drop chaos souls which is requirement to finish the quest. do you know how to solve this? i tried all the characters but the same, at lv7 quest mob does not drop chaos souls. hope you can give me guidance this. thank you very.I also tried DNC's preconfigured server, DBs, API, and MySQL. and followed all the configuration that is stated. ODBCs and DSNs all that is there except the IIS. but still no luck.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[IMG said:
http://forum.ragezone.com/images/style/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by jedon3 @DNC @Hycker @yokohiro
Sir, i have a problem in game. Lv.7 Souls of Chaos quest the mob does not drop chaos souls which is requirement to finish the quest. do you know how to solve this? i tried all the characters but the same, at lv7 quest mob does not drop chaos souls. hope you can give me guidance this. thank you very.I also tried DNC's preconfigured server, DBs, API, and MySQL. and followed all the configuration that is stated. ODBCs and DSNs all that is there except the IIS. but still no luck
continue questing a bit until you reach level 10 then click H and go to a dungeon there dropen souls

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
okay ladies and ladies... to avoid the rest confusing and stupid troubles, here is my preconfigured VM for everyone

download here

rarpassword: RaGEZONE

details:

Code:
OP SYS: Windows 7 Enterprise Fatebringer Edition x64 HUN
Remote desktop connection enabled
Windows Firewall deactivated
UAC on minimum
SWAP disabled
System Restore disabled
Hibernation disabled
Visual settings on max performance

stuffs installed

Firefox
MSSQL Server 2012 (with some tools included such as management studio and so)
xampp package (apache+mysql+php+pearl+phpmyadmin)
Filezilla server
English language support
Total Commander 

EoS server files
api

thats all what needed to run EOS serverfiles, no magic, no compicated stuffs (is MSSQL single instance installation is compicalted? derp)

Locations in the VM

Code:
-serverfiles
C:\Eos_Server\dist\
-api
C:\xampp\htdocs\

and icon for start-stop in desktop, like XAMP controll also in desktop

for run the server, follow those steps

import the VM (dont forget to reset the memory (NEED 6GB ATLEAST))
windows+r -> cmd -> enter
ipconfig -> enter
gcyOKHd - Echo of Soul Level 70 - RaGEZONE Forums

note the IPv4 Address to yourself coz its needed in next steps

open up notepad++ (icon in desktop)
press CTRL+f, choose find in files and fill this way

Find what: 192.168.1.116
Replace with: YOUR IPv4
Filters *.*
Directory: C:\EOS_SERVER\Dist

and click on Replace in Files

sVrlvXP - Echo of Soul Level 70 - RaGEZONE Forums

Next Step
Open XAMPP control panel and start Apache and MySQL
--------when done
Open up Firefox and type
Code:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin

go to admin_eos_api database / servers and edit the line where is name RaGEZONE
set api_url to: IPv4
set server_ip to: YOUR IPv4

KT1TX7R - Echo of Soul Level 70 - RaGEZONE Forums

close firefox and double click the START_SERVER in the Desktop

WAIT TILL SERVER FULLY LOADS UP
that happend when you see ReplayServer conenct to SBServer [shows in SBServer output]

when its done leave the VM alone and go back to your host
open up your favorite browser and type the VM ip (YOUR IPv4), create account with register option or login with premade login what is
username: RaGEZONE
password: RaGEZONE

then you gets a token as return.

open op notepad in your HOST PC and create a bat file contains this

Code:
@echo off
start EOS.EXE AuthCode=TOKEN_HERE HOST=YOUR VM IPv4 HERE PORT=12557 HOSTLOGIN=YOUR VM IPv4 HERE PORTLOGIN=12567

save as startup.bat or whatever name to Echo of Souls/System folder

start this bat file
profit

Passwords and rest stuffs for windows VM
Code:
Windows login: RaGEZONE

SQL server admin login:
username: sa

MySQL account for api ONLY
username: admin_eos_api

Precreated account for EoS

Premade FTP account:

PS: if we gets a section, i came up with GM, developer, and rest ranks, rates, drops and so on

EDIT: if someone wanna rip that files out from VM, i can assist and help, but i dont support stupid question about that tutorial and "release" is difficalt and confusing. i cant imagine easier way then this post

This is very very cool, thank you for your contribution! Can I ask you another question?" How do I extract all this from the VM and install it on my VPS? And also to make not Localhost and external connections? Is there a lesson?
I have a server machine bought on ovh and I really want to install it all, can you help me?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
-backup the databases
-copy C:\EOS_SERVER to somewhere
-copy C:\xampp to somewhere

at find and replace part use your OVH rented server IP

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-backup the databases
-copy C:\EOS_SERVER to somewhere
-copy C:\xampp to somewhere

at find and replace part use your OVH rented server IP

Well, and tell still how to execute installation of mssql what version is necessary? I am able to install mssql and sql managment studio too, I am able to load a backup, but I do not know how to be with dsn, can you help here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, and tell still how to execute installation of mssql what version is necessary? I am able to install mssql and sql managment studio too, I am able to load a backup, but I do not know how to be with dsn, can you help here?

to go page 12 DNC got a tutorial for creating DSNs and where to save it. also making it your default directory for your DSN.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I've seem to have gotten no where really with allowing clients outside the network to join the server. I've messed with the IPs in the config files but it usually ends up causing errors in one of the server programs. I'm able to get to the server list but when I click connect it instant disconnects and this is what I end up with in the worldlistserver and loginserver.
LoginServer
WorldListServer

If anyone has any ideas at all just let me know. I've forwarded most ports I could find that it's listening on, tried putting the instance in DMZ to verify nothing was blocking. Same results. Just gonna try to enjoy local play for now until anyone figures it out. Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've seem to have gotten no where really with allowing clients outside the network to join the server. I've messed with the IPs in the config files but it usually ends up causing errors in one of the server programs. I'm able to get to the server list but when I click connect it instant disconnects and this is what I end up with in the worldlistserver and loginserver.
LoginServer
WorldListServer

If anyone has any ideas at all just let me know. I've forwarded most ports I could find that it's listening on, tried putting the instance in DMZ to verify nothing was blocking. Same results. Just gonna try to enjoy local play for now until anyone figures it out. Thanks!

Check your database, I have same errors few days ago.
I used dbs from DNC released, update all ip (127.0.0.1) with my ip, and it work. May be it in admin_eos_api, didn't have much time to check.

Here:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LoginServer
WorldListServer

Anyway try to increase ram cuz server ise required min 8+gb ram. I fixed my problem

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
using the vm My server says :
failed to connect to log server
and client says
Die Verbidung zum Server wurde unterbrochen//The connection to the server was interrupted

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my bad,vm keep changing ip for no reason,so i set it to static

edit:to change language use MULTI_LANG_CODE=EN
edit2:my vm with 6 gb ram says it run out of memory...

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my bad,vm keep changing ip for no reason,so i set it to static

edit:to change language use MULTI_LANG_CODE=EN
edit2:my vm with 6 gb ram says it run out of memory...

i have 8GB ram on my VM but required to up 10GB My main ram is 16Gb, so server is really required min specs to run with for 1 player on local

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Server shows in maintenance mode and vm shows this,i cant assign more ram,i have 12,vm is set to 7
nUB5ShN - Echo of Soul Level 70 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Server shows in maintenance mode and vm shows this,i cant assign more ram,i have 12,vm is set to 7
nUB5ShN - Echo of Soul Level 70 - RaGEZONE Forums

SBServer.exe is force closing if you enought Ram... Set VM ram to 10GB and try again,

Yes, I changed the sql queries to ignore token time, only need to login 1 time, then use this token forever. It work for me. Used it for couple days without problems thought.

Example change:

where can i found this example? i mean which file?

- $request_data = db::queryfirstrow('select id, username from tokens where token = %s and date > now() - INTERVAL 20 MINUTE', $_REQUEST['access_token']);
+ $request_data = db::queryfirstrow('select id, username from tokens where token = %s', $_REQUEST['access_token']);

Attachments

Reactions: DNC
Back