Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Genshin 3.2VM on Ubuntu Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, hello, I am back. I have a completely new issue that I am at a loss with.

I moved the Genshin VM to my server and off of my desktop, and that went well. Same network, just a different machine. Confirmed the network adapter was bridged. Powered on the machine. So far, so good. I go to fire the genshin server up, and it gets to the part where the two blue INFO lines are, right above where it's supposed to say in yellow what IP and port it's listening on. It stays there, then shuts itself down as if you were to have hit CTRL+C. After that, I run bash cli status, and the muipserver is STILL running. It refuses to die. It won't die when I use the kill command on the process. It's like the little fucker went rogue. When I try to load my server, htop shows it get to about 5GB then that's where it dies. The server I moved it to has the following hardware:

2x Intel Xeon CPUs X5675
32GB of DDR3 RAM
A 1TB HDD

Before anyone says that the HDD is the problem, I want to say that I have run this server from this exact HDD in the past with no issues, and I was consistently running it on my HDDs in my Desktop with no issues, so I don't think it's related to the drives. I can ping the server, I can ping my desktop where I run the client, I can SSH into it and I can connect to the database, so I don't think it's a network issue either. The only change here is the server, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the server matters. I dropped the cores available to the VM from 2 to 1 and gave it the same number of threads my desktop has, and it still didn't work. So even after mirroring the desktop settings on the server, it still refuses to work. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi, hello, I am back. I have a completely new issue that I am at a loss with.

I moved the Genshin VM to my server and off of my desktop, and that went well. Same network, just a different machine. Confirmed the network adapter was bridged. Powered on the machine. So far, so good. I go to fire the genshin server up, and it gets to the part where the two blue INFO lines are, right above where it's supposed to say in yellow what IP and port it's listening on. It stays there, then shuts itself down as if you were to have hit CTRL+C. After that, I run bash cli status, and the muipserver is STILL running. It refuses to die. It won't die when I use the kill command on the process. It's like the little fucker went rogue. When I try to load my server, htop shows it get to about 5GB then that's where it dies. The server I moved it to has the following hardware:

2x Intel Xeon CPUs X5675
32GB of DDR3 RAM
A 1TB HDD

Before anyone says that the HDD is the problem, I want to say that I have run this server from this exact HDD in the past with no issues, and I was consistently running it on my HDDs in my Desktop with no issues, so I don't think it's related to the drives. I can ping the server, I can ping my desktop where I run the client, I can SSH into it and I can connect to the database, so I don't think it's a network issue either. The only change here is the server, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the server matters. I dropped the cores available to the VM from 2 to 1 and gave it the same number of threads my desktop has, and it still didn't work. So even after mirroring the desktop settings on the server, it still refuses to work. Any ideas?

Might be obvious, but i need to ask...you said is in the same network, but it has the same static ip?

Because if the ip address changed, then you need to manually edit the ip address in every config file

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I checked that as well, same IP. My SSH and MySQL applications both have profiles configured for Genshin, and no changes were made to those and they connect fine. When I ping the device, I ping with the same IP I used when it was on my desktop.

Reaction score
I checked that as well, same IP. My SSH and MySQL applications both have profiles configured for Genshin, and no changes were made to those and they connect fine. When I ping the device, I ping with the same IP I used when it was on my desktop.

So let's checkout step by step:
- in PC genshin's VM have IP from PC's network coz U use bridge connection in VM
- U migrate genshin's VM to VM server have IP's in PC's network
- U no edit eny .xml and .json file coz all of this in one network: PC, VM server and genshin's VM
- when U start genshin's VM in VM server all start fine
- when U try access to MySQL/MongoDB on genshin's VM - all connect correctly
- when U start all servers on genshin's VM U see in cli output info about genshin's VM IP and port 2888 in yellow color
- but when U try connect by client from PC(?) to genshin's VM U catch error

all correct?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So let's checkout step by step:
- in PC genshin's VM have IP from PC's network coz U use bridge connection in VM
- U migrate genshin's VM to VM server have IP's in PC's network
- U no edit eny .xml and .json file coz all of this in one network: PC, VM server and genshin's VM
- when U start genshin's VM in VM server all start fine
- when U try access to MySQL/MongoDB on genshin's VM - all connect correctly
- when U start all servers on genshin's VM U see in cli output info about genshin's VM IP and port 2888 in yellow color
- but when U try connect by client from PC(?) to genshin's VM U catch error

all correct?

All but one of those is correct. The VM hangs when it's supposed to show the VM IP:port in yellow, then it shuts all services down by itself after a minute or so of trying. I run bash cli stop, script runs okay. I run bash cli status and the muipserver is still running. It refuses to respond to anything and I have to sudo shutdown the VM to get it to stop running.

The error thrown by the client is "There was a system error" but I am assuming that's because whatever service runs the server on the VM IP:port is the service that's not responding.

Reaction score
All but one of those is correct. The VM hangs when it's supposed to show the VM IP:port in yellow, then it shuts all services down by itself after a minute or so of trying. I run bash cli stop, script runs okay. I run bash cli status and the muipserver is still running. It refuses to respond to anything and I have to sudo shutdown the VM to get it to stop running.

The error thrown by the client is "There was a system error" but I am assuming that's because whatever service runs the server on the VM IP:port is the service that's not responding.

only "smoking logs" can help us from U, plz delete exists files nohup.out and latest.log before tell cli start, then wait till all bugs repeats and tell cli stop, then harvest and share newly generated files nohup.out and latest.log

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
only "smoking logs" can help us from U, plz delete exists files nohup.out and latest.log before tell cli start, then wait till all bugs repeats and tell cli stop, then harvest and share newly generated files nohup.out and latest.log

There is no latest.log file. For some reason, no log files have ever been generated with my server. I can try to delete nohup.out and see what happens and what shows up, but if this troubleshooting hinges on getting that log file, that's going to suck.

[Edit:] nohup.out is blank, like the muipserver never got a chance to write anything to it. It recreated the file, but that's it. And no log file generated anywhere in the Genshin directory.

[Edit2:] I ran the muipserver service by itself using the same command in the cli.sh file, and this was the result. ( ) You can see where I run it, then try to kill it with the kill command, then trying to stop it using cli stop, you can see where it's repeatedly queried to stop and it just doesn't.

[Edit3:] After looking at some old posts with screenshots from my previous issues, the line with the IP:port is the http server. I think this is an issue with the dispatch server.

[Edit4:] I thought it may be a VMWare version issue, but no version from 15.X up worked. Migrated the VM back to my desktop, VM now works. I have no idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So me update VM on link
Whats new:
- added singleplay patch by gorkn from THIS
- installed Midnight Commander
- clear log files and defragment filesystem
- compact VM disk (to 20,7 Gb)
- decrease CPU overage to 4 cores and VM ver to VMware 12
- reset login password for "genshin" and "root" to "Zaq1@wsx"
- created RAR5 archive by 1Gb toms(4 files total 3.64 Gb)

That's all,

Reaction score
Next step, me create .torrent GenshinImpact_3_2_0.torrent of 3.2 client for PC and Android + Japanese voice + cultivation + modded UserAssembly.dll U can take it on , no need download all, just take what U need

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some lessons I have learned. This may come in handy for someone:

1.) This VM does NOT like to be upgraded. It's on VMWare 15.x. Moving it up to 16 or 17 caused the VM to not work in various ways. I encountered this with Tera as well.

2.) This VM does NOT like Intel Server NICs. I have a 2 port server NIC on my home computer I was connected to for testing, ran into issue where the VM absolutely refused to connect to anything, and never fell back on netplan to assign an IP/gateway. Even when I manually assigned the IP, it was invisible on the network. No traffic out, no connections in. Moving back to my motherboards NIC instantly resolved this issue. I could never get it working on my bare metal server, and I think this is due to the server having 4 Intel Server NICs.

3.) Wait until the server is completely loaded before connecting. Open up an SSH session and run htop. Watch the RAM. When it stops climbing and stays steady, log in. This may happen at various different amounts. It's different for everyone's system.

The most important lesson I have learned:

4.) VMs are virtual machines. They are under no obligation to obey the laws physical hardware are bound to. If your VM is screwed up in some weird way, even if you do everything correctly, and do all of the troubleshooting, start thinking outside of the box to troubleshoot, because the issue could be something as simple as an emulated hardware setting or a compatibility issue.

Now, anyone know how to change the number of resin I have? I looked in the DB but found nothing. I have 240/160, which isn't right. It's caused me to have a sort of resin overflow, giving me infinite resin. I would like to fix this.

Reaction score
your dekstop vm is using the same ip as the server vm,both using same ip in the same network..try remove it from your dekstop workstation (not deleting it)

Back