Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Icarus 3.1 VM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So what i understand that those others .exe files that are not included.. make server go online for others to join.. right? i am having same issue with this version i had with other server... Friends do see server (also website)... Info about it .. but once they click on join server... they are unable connect because server is for some reason "offline"... Can someone explain me how or what i need to do to make it work? Portforwarding is sure not a case. PM me please if u know and have time to help ~ thanks ❤️

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm done syncing the maps, the Patch is ready :D:
Extract Game.rar in the main directory : ICARUS (Use the client 3.1 shared by Matar)
(You can remove the file "gamedatas.npk" from the game)

Just wanted to confirm: is this patch is still needed with the client version Matar listed in the first post?

I noticed the timestamps from some of the files in the patch are older than the files in the client. Should I only keep files that have newer timestamps, or should I just overwrite everything in the client with everything in the Game.rar archive?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can 6gb ram handle this in pc?

I don't think so. 6GB is barely enough to run the game client itself, much less an entire server VM on top of it.

I'm able to run on a 16GB PC (with 8 core/16 thread CPU) by reducing the VM's physical memory to 8GB and increasing its swap file to 16GB, as well as running the game client outside the VM. In my limited experience so far, it seems like the VM needs to be configured with around 24GB total between physical and virtual memory for everything to run smooth. You can lower the physical memory requirement by increasing the VM's swap file size, but only up to a point. Reducing the VM's physical memory allocation too far will result in severe instability.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for the info.

i went a test setup in this earlier but i have issue with lobbyserver crashing do you have any idea how to fix it?

Reaction score
thanks for the info.

i went a test setup in this earlier but i have issue with lobbyserver crashing do you have any idea how to fix it?
I'm using Matar's VM and what did i do?
I added 16Gb of RAM in the VM, i expanded the HD to 100Gb,
added 32Gb Swap File and everything works fine, no crashes.

icarus_test - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

There's a lot of reasons why the lobby server could crash, but the two most common (especially during startup) are lack of memory or that you changed something in a config file or the database to an invalid value.

If you're trying to run with 6GB RAM, its almost certainly because you don't have enough memory.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
외부에서 연결할 수 없습니까?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good luck on downloading the client will be great if @orion13 can fix it

you can set GM account : ICARUS_Login_Database - AccountInfo - your name - set permission to 100

and on game press CTRL+] if its working you will get GM menu

coz of client and server sync some commands will not work you can check it

View attachment 234116

@orion13 you can try the client its on C:\YD Online\ICARUS and its working i can login to world but not char page coz its kr i dont know the error take it from here and do your magic

Good morning,

Sorry for the trivial question, but I actually started studying these files yesterday and I'm not sure how exactly I enable these GM commands.

Is it done by SQL Server Management Studio? Does anyone know about this?

Reaction score
외부에서 연결할 수 없습니까?
Can't connect from outside?

Follow forum rules, write in English.

Good morning,

Sorry for the trivial question, but I actually started studying these files yesterday and I'm not sure how exactly I enable these GM commands.

Is it done by SQL Server Management Studio? Does anyone know about this?
You can use Navicat to enter the Database and add the permission...

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't connect from outside?

Follow forum rules, write in English.

You can use Navicat to enter the Database and add the permission...
Hi brother,

Thx for you help.

I try apply this modification in my table, but this colum PERMISSION do not exists in my database.
1 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums
2 - Icarus 3.1 VM - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are using SSMS, use Navicat installed on VM.

I downloaded navicat and installed it in the virtual machine as you instructed me. The table opened the same way.

Attachments

Reaction score
I downloaded navicat and installed it in the virtual machine as you instructed me. The table opened the same way.
Something is missing from your database, if you are using Matar VM then everything works fine...
My table is normal, i'm using the same VM and i haven't modified anything.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Something is missing from your database, if you are using Matar VM then everything works fine...
My table is normal, i'm using the same VM and i haven't modified anything.
I'm using Dan0011 VM, Temporarily (It is consuming less hardware).

Will it work if I add this AccountInfo table to this VM? Does the client also need some modification to activate this function?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm using Dan0011 VM, Temporarily (It is consuming less hardware).

Will it work if I add this AccountInfo table to this VM? Does the client also need some modification to activate this function?
you are using old version of the server
Dan0011 vm thread was deleted long time ago and its was my vm also
use this updated vm or search the thread to make it local or outside vm
good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you are using old version of the server
Dan0011 vm thread was deleted long time ago and its was my vm also
use this updated vm or search the thread to make it local or outside vm
good luck
Goodnight,

I figured I would have to do this. I also put your VM version in my vmware. As I'm going to move to a weaker physical machine I'm going to get the files and database from there, and run temporarily on windows 10. I'll post all my results here to share.

Thanks for answering in person, brother! ^^

I still have a lot to learn about this server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This game doesn't connect nor does it have a tutorial and there are people selling it to turn on local mode without using the VM asking for $$$ to teach it to turn on stuck :/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How dificcult is it to build it outside the vm? can't seem to find the post about it, maybe deleted?

Back