Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MyCoke] Coke Studios Massive Release [CokeMusic]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"MyCoke, previously known as Coke Music or Coke Studios, was an MMO chat game utilized in the marketing of the Coca-Cola brand. Made by Studiocom using core technology from the Sulake Corporation, famous for a similar title - Habbo Hotel. Later developing it's own engine, called Galapagos, the service launched Version 2 of the game in late 2004. On December 6, 2007, MyCoke was shut down..." - MyCoke Wiki

Today I am releasing all the Coke Studios related files that are in my possession.

I worked on reverse engineering the original Coke Studios client and trying to come up with a proper emulation of it for a few months and ended up recovering many lost files, organizing files/data that were found scattered across the internet, and also kicked up quite a bit of knowledge regarding the game that I at least never saw discussed or released anywhere else.

I've spent quite a bit of time organizing things and documenting tid-bits that may be relevant to those seeking to emulate or recreate the game in its entirety and some of this has already been posted in another community dedicated to the game. I'll share some of these details below before finally linking to my archive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The original Coke Studios (v1) was heavily worked on by Sulake and from what has been gathered across the internet, was most likely using Sulakes FUSE protocol and a similar design architecture to Habbo Hotel. Upon the release of the revised client (v2+), the game developers worked out an entirely revamped design for the client-server architecture (Galapagos).

This new client-server architecture was probably "cutting-edge" for its time and consisted of a front-end published in Director, a Java back-end, and multiple databases. Effectively the front end (visual aspect) was still created via Director, however, one of the cast files contained a cast member that was actually a Flash file (SWF). Inside of this Flash file is in fact, most of the clients source code.

See the developers decided to design a system that relied on using XML-RPC, RTMP, and ActionScript Messaging Format (AMF) for the networking related aspects. To utilize Remote Procedural Calls in Flash the developers used a technology called Flash Remoting. Essentially the client would prepare data and call a client-side stub, this stub would serialize the data and send it to a intermediary piece of software called the Flash Remoting Gateway. This Flash Gateway would de-serialize the data and pass it on to the server-side application which would then call a server-side stub, perform some action, and serialize a response which is then sent back to the Flash Gateway and back on to the client. Essentially with this design many things are stateless and the client relied on using caching/cookies or state would be sent in each packet.

If you are familiar with distributed systems and remote procedural calls, at this point you may have realized the implications that this design choice carries with it. Essentially since we have the source code from this SWF (thank you JPEXS) we have a copy of all the client-side stubs. Which means that you can more or less infer what the server was doing (not everything...).

This is a very condensed version of things and I omitted tons of detail while simplifying concepts that you can easily write entire books on. Which is to say that this is not the entire picture but plenty to go off of and definitely a better starting point than I had when I began this journey.

I won't bore you any longer, here is a screenshot of the archive's layout and also the download link.

iIG1ict - [MyCoke] Coke Studios Massive Release [CokeMusic] - RaGEZONE Forums

I do not take credit for all of the files in this archive, thanks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Dragonica Guy
Reaction score
"MyCoke, previously known as Coke Music or Coke Studios, was an MMO chat game utilized in the marketing of the Coca-Cola brand. Made by Studiocom using core technology from the Sulake Corporation, famous for a similar title - Habbo Hotel. Later developing it's own engine, called Galapagos, the service launched Version 2 of the game in late 2004. On December 6, 2007, MyCoke was shut down..." - MyCoke Wiki

Today I am releasing all the Coke Studios related files that are in my possession.

I worked on reverse engineering the original Coke Studios client and trying to come up with a proper emulation of it for a few months and ended up recovering many lost files, organizing files/data that were found scattered across the internet, and also kicked up quite a bit of knowledge regarding the game that I at least never saw discussed or released anywhere else.

I've spent quite a bit of time organizing things and documenting tid-bits that may be relevant to those seeking to emulate or recreate the game in its entirety and some of this has already been posted in another community dedicated to the game. I'll share some of these details below before finally linking to my archive.

The original Coke Studios (v1) was heavily worked on by Sulake and from what has been gathered across the internet, was most likely using Sulakes FUSE protocol and a similar design architecture to Habbo Hotel. Upon the release of the revised client (v2+), the game developers worked out an entirely revamped design for the client-server architecture (Galapagos).

This new client-server architecture was probably "cutting-edge" for its time and consisted of a front-end published in Director, a Java back-end, and multiple databases. Effectively the front end (visual aspect) was still created via Director, however, one of the cast files contained a cast member that was actually a Flash file (SWF). Inside of this Flash file is in fact, most of the clients source code.

See the developers decided to design a system that relied on using XML-RPC, RTMP, and ActionScript Messaging Format (AMF) for the networking related aspects. To utilize Remote Procedural Calls in Flash the developers used a technology called Flash Remoting. Essentially the client would prepare data and call a client-side stub, this stub would serialize the data and send it to a intermediary piece of software called the Flash Remoting Gateway. This Flash Gateway would de-serialize the data and pass it on to the server-side application which would then call a server-side stub, perform some action, and serialize a response which is then sent back to the Flash Gateway and back on to the client. Essentially with this design many things are stateless and the client relied on using caching/cookies or state would be sent in each packet.

If you are familiar with distributed systems and remote procedural calls, at this point you may have realized the implications that this design choice carries with it. Essentially since we have the source code from this SWF (thank you JPEXS) we have a copy of all the client-side stubs. Which means that you can more or less infer what the server was doing (not everything...).

This is a very condensed version of things and I omitted tons of detail while simplifying concepts that you can easily write entire books on. Which is to say that this is not the entire picture but plenty to go off of and definitely a better starting point than I had when I began this journey.

I won't bore you any longer, here is a screenshot of the archive's layout and also the download link.

iIG1ict - [MyCoke] Coke Studios Massive Release [CokeMusic] - RaGEZONE Forums

I do not take credit for all of the files in this archive, thanks.

This is a really good release! I never heard of this game before, but will defently check it out ^-^.

It really looks like a nice habbo alternative, and Habbo is very popular here on RZ

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a really good release! I never heard of this game before, but will defently check it out ^-^.

It really looks like a nice habbo alternative, and Habbo is very popular here on RZ

Sulake, the same company that made Habbo Hotel, essentially created the first revision of the client with the dev studio, Studiocom.

Coca Cola more or less wanted to create an avatar based hangout game where users could build rooms, buy furniture, create music and chat in public rooms (sounds familiar...). At the time you could use codes found on the caps of bottles of Coke and redeem them in game for the in game currency or items.

Tbh this release may have done better in the Habbo Hotel section as I see that is where all other content related to this game has been posted in the past, oops.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This sounds very interesting. Lets give it a try :)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions that may arise, assuming I have the answer :p

I wrote part of a server but nothing meaningful enough to release and nothing one could not easily replicate given the client stubs found in the source code of the SWF.

Pro tip: hold ctrl and double click the client to open a hidden debug window when the client is loading. this will show you the calls being made in the background and then you can jump to the ouput messages in the client source code.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you upload the files again? It says the files have been deleted.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please re-up! I'm an archivist and I can't find anything like this anywhere.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Please re-up! I'm an archivist and I can't find anything like this anywhere.
Sorry I meant to upload this sooner.

Last edited:
Back