Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Deep Rock Galactic DeepDive/Event offline LAN Emulator.(U34)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[Release] Deep Rock Galactic DeepDive/Event offline LAN Emulator

Flyer8472 - [Release] Deep Rock Galactic DeepDive/Event offline LAN Emulator.(U34) - RaGEZONE Forums

First of all: Why this needed? You could say that the deepdive events are working fine on original and on both warez versions... True true, but try it without internet.... Okay, okay... lets say you are offline and you are trying to play the endgame content of the DRG game? You cant, since the daily/weekly and Special missions are tied to the creators master server... THIS RELASE IS NOT A GAME, THIS IS A TOOL/EMULATOR-ISH THING FOR USING THE EVENT MISSIONS OFFLINE/LAN FOR THE GAME!(Get skins, extra stuff ect ect)

Secondly: Why am i posting this here? Well technicly this is an emulator... everyone can decide themself if this is accurate, but so far; i'll stick with this term.

Well; no more offline messages for Deepdives. You can - from now on - play with offline alone and/or offline lan if you have for your game the goldbberg patch(but not mandatory it works with original versions if i am suspecting good) and even when the master servers are gone or unreachable for some reasons... that is the timewhen this program that comes in the picture..

Supported clients:
All, From the New Frontiers client up to the last recent one, Update 35(SEASON 01).
They might patch this in the future, but up until this point is valid and works.

What his thing is does; that it is emulates and scheduling:
- Deep Dives
- Weekly Events
- Free Beer event.
- Main events like Halloween and Christmas and others.
- You can edit custom times in the separate program to manage your event timings.
You need to add them in seconds.
And this is So far...

To regenerate the weeks or the times you decide, you need to keep the blackbeard on the background and/or do it manually.

Whats in the "box" ?

Its basicly a gutted XAMPP with a custom made program called BlackBeard written in Lazarus ide(Source is included in the package) for managing the weekly mission seeds and some events.

How can i use this thing?

Well not a biggie; the only "big" trick is that you will need to add the webserver certificate to your windows to make this work... Its only for windows. Currently. If someone can; with the lazarus code they can compile on LINUX too, but personally *I* won't support that.

Short tutorial:
0 - Patch your game for offline mode and/or start without internet.(Or patch it with goldberg for offline LAN, - i wont give links here for goldberg; since this is not a warez forum.(But use google, also Goldberg's stuff is an opensource emu too so you can use it freely that also, search for it. That is for offline lan.) My "emulator" not containing any code from the game itself; it works with original unpatched clients at the moment also.(it might be patched soon IDK))

1 - Download emulator from here(Updated to V0.4 for Season 01 U35):
https://github.com/0P3N50URC3-F0R3V3R/blackbeard/releases

2 -
Extract to one of your hardrive's root... To be the files at EG: C:\DeepDiveEmu_xampp\xampp_control.exe
THIS is only works from some drive's root.

3 - Go into the "PREQUISITES!!!" folder click double and add the server.crt file to your machine's and your Trusted Root Certification Authorities Container.(You need to add twice since you need to install both in user and machine containers) this step is needed because this is a https protocol and the ssl in the game wont accept the self signed certs otherwise. If you won't do this step the emulator WONT work at all.

4 - Add this to your hosts file, but OFC change the adress to your webserver's adress(Also this step must be done by all of your other palyers on the lan to the webserver's ip adress):

127.0.0.1 services.ghostship.dk
0.0.0.0 api.stathat.com

5 - Start Xammp_control.exe and press start at apache.(this xampp are not containing any other software beside APACHE +php) it also needs the latest Visual studio runtimes.

WARNING this will use ports: 443,8443 if any of theese are used by the machine by an other program; then the apache will fail to start so you need to free those ports to use this!!!

6 - Start BlackBeard.exe and setup your weekly and special missions every button is a kind of self explanatory.(You need to start the clock manually!)

7 - Go ingame and have fun.

Things good to know:

Some values for starter:
- 1 Week is 604800 Seconds
- 1 Day is 86 400 Seconds
- 1 Hour is 3600 Seconds
- Or select from the calendar.

- After every new week seeds you need to exit and reload the game itself. if you are ingame and the event reset occours; you wont see the new ones until you reload the game. it applies every other players with you.
- If you are using original versions afaik there is no ban risk on steam, or even ingame. (the game itself is can be modded so... this is not a forbidden thing to play with your saves) but if you do get problems with this see my disclaimer part of the post below.
- Port 443 : - It uses Deepdive, and Weekly events and main event
- Port 8443 : - It uses Freebeer event and community triggers.
- If you are ingame and you are activating Freebeer event, that is immidiate, so you dont need to restart the game for freebeer events XD This is the only one.
- USING THE BLACKBEARD PROGRAM ON SSD IS NOT RECOMMENDED!! It constantly writes the files/changes
- If ANY of the seeds start with 0, then the result will a broken deepdive/challange. The generators itself fixed in v0.4 but you still can enter wrong numbers manually... Do not do it.

Note: This program is in beta state, that means this SURELY has bugs/and might be some errors. Expect, the unexpected....

AND AS ALWAYS A DISCLAIMER:
I WONT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR USING THIS THING ON YOUR PC, OR GETTING TROUBLE FOR USING THIS ON STEAM ECT ECT. YOU ARE USING AT YOUR OWN RISK. ITS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS FREE AND NO ONE SHOULD ASK MONEY FOR THIS. OPENSOURCE.

Aaaand in nutshell this is it. Have fun!
Rocks and Stones!

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Relase] Deep Rock Galactic DeepDive/Event offline LAN Emulator.(U34)

Coming up for blackbeard features(Few days):
- event update, for christmas, halloween and other events :D
- plus some smaller program fixes. GUI interface ect...

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You should probably explain what this means..

Certanly. It is hard to make a correct step by step...( because my OS is in a different language..)

1 Click on the Cert file,
2 Click on install cert file,
3 Select Local machine, then proceed onward;
4 Click on select container(Browse button)
5. You need to select the highest priority container from the list.(IDK the exact translation see the pic.)
6. Click install, and repeat the process but at the third step select local user instead of the local machine.

Here is a pic from the process. It is in hungarian on my os, but i made some translation...:

Oh yea, we can play it together?

@Ledie IN short, yes but with requirements.. But ofc you can use this tool in LAN/VPN to play with others, but everyone else needs to be on the same emulator(EG your hosting the event server; and the others has to put their hosts file your emulator's host ip adress to the redirect. AND add the cert file for themselves. IT MIGHT work without this step; but i think it is better to everyone that the game works to everyone the same; for the sake of the events correct working part avoiding the possible errors)

Some update:
Also some breakthru i finally make to work the events so i put that in the next blackbeard update, amongs other fixes...

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
although the game crashes.. when opening mission data

Do you mean in deepdive mission data? or the mission terminal? or...?

What game version you using?
Also; you are using original DRG?
Do you using windows 10/8/7? I did made this work under w10...
And using Goldberg offline emu.(Exe File version exactly 4.25.0.0)

I did tested with New frontiers client, and the latest U34

Oh one more thing:
Do not use DX12 that is bugged in the game the community hoarding about it, that it crashes the game randomly...

Last edited:
Reaction score
The terminal when you're spawning with all the mission progress.

Version? Idk latest from steam. Windows 10. And using goldberg offline emulator.

Not using DX12. And it only crashes when opening the mission terminal & when finishing a mission. It doesnt crash when XAMPP is closed tho.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The terminal when you're spawning with all the mission progress. Version? Idk latest from steam. Windows 10. And using goldberg offline emulator.

The only problem that the main mission terminal - in theory- does not do anything with deepdive :\

Okay, try this:

IF you are using goldberg is there any way that you have the disable_lan_only.txt file? if you do delete it.... this way you will only have lan connections.... it might help, dunno.

I would gladly post the 2 version that i am using, but i cannot... since the rules are wont let me to...

Also you can try to delete list2 registerSession from htdocs folder...

AND you can try to delete every file from the htdocs exept: deepdive, events, weekly and cGoalStateTime

those 4 are mandatory, the rest is might not, those are the spine for the community content that is not working.. yet

And if might possible that you need to add the cert file to normal containers also...

That is all that comes to my mind suddenly....

(Addendum i sent you a PM... :D)

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Program updated for the latest game version(Season 01), also it is on github from now on:

Have fun, future updates will be relased there.
If you have issues open it on Github under ISSUES.

Last edited:
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just a hint, whould work on linux too. For the certificates, simply save them in /etc/apache2/cert ...
Also compiling with any Delphi compiler should work on your "custom" part.
I dont play this game, so i wont do it but i just wanted to say that its easy doable on linux :wink:

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thx, i will try it :D Mainly i wanted to use on a raspberry; however i was not sure for if i need an extra commands for creating the files eg. chmod or owner permissions for a constant read/write of files...

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thx, i will try it :D Mainly i wanted to use on a raspberry; however i was not sure for if i need an extra commands for creating the files eg. chmod or owner permissions for a constant read/write of files...

As long as they have all the www group it should work fine. You can give it chmod 775 so it should be perfect with permissions. No need to set owner to any specific user when 775 is set. Could be that you have to set chmod a+x for the compiled delphi code but im not sure if this is really needed.

Back