Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Latest EVEmu Compile (07/18/2015)

Put Community First
Reaction score
Hi all,

The only EVEmu thread here is dead and outdated, so rather than necro someone else's, Shoelace gave me the go-ahead to make my thread that I will be supporting with mirrors. It's rare because the dev team is small, but when the sources are updated, I will recompile and update this thread with fresh links.

There's no current compile floating around on the internet, at least publicly, so here's my compile I made for local testing. There are bugs (scroll to the bottom of the post for a link to the current project status), but if you want to try some single-player EVE, this is the only way you'll get to do it.

Server and client patch:
Client (I am uploading to MEGA as well but it will take 10 hours because its two 2.5gb files and the installer): lient download link

If you want to help with testing, upload errors from logs in server\log into an UNLISTED PasteBin link and PM me a link so I can keep reports organised. Please don't send me duplicate bugs from more logs unless you triggered it differently.

Screenshots

Instructions

1. Go to bin\etc and edit eve-server.xml.
  2. Install the client to a location of your choosing.
  3. Copy all files from the client\patch folder into your main EVE directory, and replace existing files.
  4. Download the SQL dump from and copy it into your MySQL installation's bin folder.
  5. Create a database called evemu.
  6. Open command prompt and navigate to the MySQL\bin folder.
  7. Type the following (change usernamehere to your MySQL username): mysql -u usernamehere -p evemu < evemu.sql
  8. Enter your password when prompted. Be prepared to wait a few minutes for the database to be populated.
  9. Make an account with the following SQL query (change your_account_name and your_password) - or use the editor in the editor folder: INSERT INTO account (accountID, accountName, role, password, online, banned) VALUES(NULL, 'your_account_name', 5003499186008621056, 'your_password', 0, 0);
  10. Make a shortcut of bin\exefile.exe to your Desktop.
  11. Edit shortcut to have /server:127.0.0.1 at the end of the 'Target:' box.
  12. Save and test!
How to add Market items (NOTE: Prices cannot be changed in the editor, I'll investigate the source sometime)

1. Open the editor folder and load the editor.[/i]
  2. Select a race, the system, the region and the item category.
  3. Select one or more (hold Ctrl while left-clicking to select multiple, or hold Shift from top to bottom to select all) to add.
  4. Adjust the market saturation slider beneath the system column.
  5. (Optional) Adjust quantity.
  6. Click Seed market.
How to add Asteroid Belts

1. Open the editor folder and load the editor.
  2. Select the system where you want to edit belts.
  3. Click one belt and click Seed. This can take between 5-20 seconds depending on your system.
  4. Repeat for each belt you want.
Incomplete/bugged
There is still a lot NOT working. So look at the before sending me a Pastebin link.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there a 32 bit version of eve-server.exe available please? Thanks so much! :D:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually the project has it's own compiled binaries:

Those are updated with the latest git build.

However fallenfates build is much better as he put some work into getting all the tools and extras. So he should keep releasing his, just next time he needs to not release in DEBUG :p

Put Community First
Reaction score
Oops... :blush: Thank you for the kind words anyway, haha. Actually, that repository of builds is old. It says it was updated recently, but that's just the listing; the actual server compile is from 2012, unless I'm missing something there... Mine is an updated compile, :).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What is the status of this other compilation? Is it a functional build?

Put Community First
Reaction score
More than likely not. The pace of the EVEmu development would make snails cringe. The small 'community' of several people are fractured (9 people at last check), with two developers, and they both took the source to develop it a lot further than this build but refusing to share their code.

If I had more time on my hands, one thing I wanted to do was look at starting up a group here in RZ to develop it. It would be a great RZ community project given how much talent is here, :).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@fallenfate I would be interested in this provided we go back to Incursion or Apocrypha patch. The patch Incarna basically made the game suck. I have the EMU source and can compile, and I have the DB for Incursion and Apocrypha, however finding the clients has been a big search fail for me. We would also need the bluepatcher for those versions. If you have the clients and blue patch (or someone else reading this does) I will setup a server and we can get to dev'ing!

Sometimes the biggest step forward, is one step back. :w00t:

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
@st-m4il Which client version would it need to be? I think there's about six patches that can be applied to Incursion, lol. I can help hunt down a client once I have the version number, :).

It's worth noting I'm only learning C++ at the moment and I believe some of it will be in Python, so if we get this rolling I'll be doing what I can to contribute, but it probably won't be too amazing to start with. I'll handle all the admin side of things and get a website set-up if we manage to get a client...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have sent him a message but I can help with in-game moderation and assistance, not really a code guy as i've told ya fallen.

Put Community First
Reaction score
I have sent him a message but I can help with in-game moderation and assistance, not really a code guy as i've told ya fallen.

If we get this ball rolling we'll need moderators for the forum I'm sure, only need one initially, so if you're happy to work in that capacity, it's open for you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use to love this game, I'd be willing to put some time into code if you manage to get things going for Incursion.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Use to love this game, I'd be willing to put some time into code if you manage to get things going for Incursion.

Great to hear, :). We're waiting to see which client we can manage to get a hold of firstly, and then go from there. I haven't managed to find one working download of an Apocrypha client, so we may end up being stuck with Crucible if we can't find an older client...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
looking through my collection I've got..... V1754, V45017, V197121, and V360229.

I might have more but would need to go dig out my box of hdds

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't just smell it anymore.... I see Apoc! See post below...

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
After 2.5 hours of DB manipulations I got my Apoc server running. Now I'm working on the client stuff. Here is the log so you can see the greatness in all it's glory! :eek:tt:

Progress:

1: Apoc Server Source and Complied: Check (find the info on GIT and here: roll your own if you dare.

2: Apoc Database: Check (hard as hell to find and build I had to reverse it actually from a new version

3: Apoc Client: Check (hard as hell to find will post to MEGA once the project is further along if someone else does not.

Remaining:
Apoc level bleupatcher: Here is the error the crucible one gives:

I can smell it...it ... well... actually... nothing really smells in space.

If we're working together on this, want to share your DB dump on MEGA? It'll be kept private, naturally, if you only send me the encryption key for the upload.

And what client version is required for the server?

Put Community First
Reaction score
Feel like joining the fray if st-m4il joins in, @Ness199X? I haven't told you-know-who so they're not into the project.

You also wouldn't happen to know of an Apoc client sitting in some secret part of the web or your hard-drive, would you?

Back