Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Latest EVEmu Compile (07/18/2015)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The commit i got was from just last week. I am trying this on a x64 Windows server 2008 install but if there is a way to run this on linux id rather do that. I know about wine, but i didnt want to make this any more complicated than it already appears to be. Its looking for the missing msvcp100d.dll which from what i can tell is a debug dll that isnt normally on the system. i tried downloading it and running regsrv32 but it wouldnt take. But the sites i downloaded it from might not have been legit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The commit i got was from just last week. I am trying this on a x64 Windows server 2008 install but if there is a way to run this on linux id rather do that. I know about wine, but i didnt want to make this any more complicated than it already appears to be. Its looking for the missing msvcp100d.dll which from what i can tell is a debug dll that isnt normally on the system. i tried downloading it and running regsrv32 but it wouldnt take. But the sites i downloaded it from might not have been legit.
Well, if you want a linux build, then you'll only need wine to launch the client. You can easily build the server using the GCC/G++ installation. I believe the short'n'simple linux build guide i wrote is still there...ah, yeah, there it is -

If you want a windows build, try using the VS C++ 2010 or 2012 compilers (those were the ones i tried myself and got working). Not sure if 2014/2015 studio will handle it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
....if there is a way to run this on linux id rather do that...
There is. I run KDev4. Never did get Code::Blocks to run for me, but I've heard it's nice.
If ya need help with the setup or error tracking, let me know. I'm easier to find on EvEmu irc or my forums than anywhere else.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

first of all -> Happy New Year !

I am going to work on stuff too. Have to say i am a bit new to Python and C but catching up quickly. Got one problem and need some advice. Have the apoc server running without any DB errors. Only problem is connecting my client...keep getting incompatble protocol errors.

maybe someone can give me some advice where to change those numbers.
Thanx.

Kind regards,
KillBob

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, Bob.
Well, depends on what server and client you're using.
Apoc server is WAY outdated (in both code and timeline). EVEmu had around a dozen apoc versions in development, finishing with 101786.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only problem is connecting my client...keep getting incompatble protocol errors.
wrong server/client...version mismatch.
i dont have an apoc branch handy atm, so i dont know where to look for version info.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No prob guys. I had some things better working in Apoc then Incursion but have switched to Incursion now. Updated my DB files and have it up and running. Working on stabilizing entire logon part. Seems is still has some minor bugs in it. Mostly DBerrors about missing parts.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice \o/
Keep in mind, tho - incusrion is a deprecated branch too. It's been inactive for a few years already.
But when did it stopped anyone? ^_^
Flying around on ol'good RmR myself from time to time.

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, so i put up a fresh CentOS vm and started to tackle this, although i was able to get the server "online" i ran into a bunch of issues that are preventing it from actually running. First, the database download referenced in the doc at is no longer live. I did download the copy referenced in the first post of this thread, then i went along and imported the rest of the .sql files but the ofic-updates.sql failed. I went along and got everything else setup but when i started the server it gave a lot of errors for missing entries in the DB, specifically the evemu.dgmTypeEffects table, not surprised since i had import failures. Although the server did start, whenever i attempt to connect the client can't query the server status on port 26000 but i can telnet into the server and i see connection attempts in the server logs but it errors out with TCPConnection::RecvData(): Connection closed. The client is reporting its version 13.10.984095, if i attempt to connect it errors out with incompatible version, and the server logs say "Received invalid version exchange!" But this is much more progress than ive made in the past so thank you for your help so far. Any suggestions on how to resolve the sql issues and the client - server connection?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client is reporting its version 13.10.984095, if i attempt to connect it errors out with incompatible version, and the server logs say "Received invalid version exchange!"

I'm sorry, but am i right to assume that you're trying to connect using the live client? that version is like 2-weeks old

If you're going to use a Crucible server, you need a crucible client (360229) with blue.dll patched (using bluepatcher)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im using whatever client that was linked in the beginning of this thread. But i did forget to mention that when i run the bluepatcher i get an error stating "failure: pattern not found"

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi codescout,

The database that was mentioned in the first post is not an "as is" database. This DB still needs some work. You need to take out the errors first when importing. Just import and look at the errorline. Then open the DB in a program like notepad++ or something and search for that line. Correct the error and FIRST drop the old schematic before you import again. Otherwise you'll end up with a lot of crap.
Use the bluepatcher from Alasiya. That one works but run the patch only on a fresh client (version 7.31 release 360229 only) from within the eve/bin folder otherwise it fails. Dont forget to copy both ini files to your eve folder before starting the exefile.exe in the bin folder.

And yes, its not a complete database. We all worked hard to get it working. Because it takes many many hours in this project to make something work people won't be that willing to share their DB.

Hope this helps you. if not, describe the exact error for more in-depth advice.

greetz Killbob

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But i did forget to mention that when i run the bluepatcher i get an error stating "failure: pattern not found"
Now that's weird. Too bad the link went down again, can't check the archives integrity.
Anyways, as Bob suggested - try using the bluepatch from Alasiya. If that won't work - try applying the (don't mind it's sizes - of all the files in there, blue.dll is the only one that's been modified).

As for DB - try using . It's pretty old one, but from what i recall - you will only need to rename 1 table to make it work (can't recall exact name, prolly chrCorporation. A table that contains the data of NPC corporations and needed during the character creation, will need to be renamed to just "corporation")

And regarding the market prices - it's not something code-related. All items in invTypes table have a few extra-zeroes in their numbers in basePrice row (in most cases - some of them are really messed up so much, that i'm beginning to think that someone even did a multiplication rather than adding a few extra nulls to the number).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first off i want to thank everyone for their assistance with my questions, i was extremely happy find such a great community here. Big shout out to Killbob for his help, and everyone else who added in their comments. I was able to finally get my server up and running with a few exceptions but nothing i cant work through. If i get time ill make an updated tutorial with what i found. I built this on a Centos 7 box and there were a few config files changes i needed to make that might not have been obvious. Killbob was right on the money with only running bluepatcher on a FRESH install of the client, and only after you make the xml file changes. My DB issues were linux related as the sql queries were case sensitive, a quick line in the mysql config file got around that. Anyways i look forward to making any improvements i can to the code, im not very well versed in C but i am in python so ill see what i can pull from the blue.dll file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad you made it \o/
As for blue.dll - it's just a library, used for CRC check of the client files.
That is the only reason we hack it - to make sure that client won't mind us changing the ini configs and doing the rest of the stuff with client resources.

You might want to take a look at script/compiled.code file. That's the scripting library, that handles the packets and events, written on Stackless Python, so you might be interested in it.

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ah okay, i only said i would check blue because thats what the eve server logger said was causing the exceptions, but ill check out the compiled code file and see what i can come up with. Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So any mirror links in mega for the client and the server ready to go?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i don't have a windows-server build, but here's the client mirror -

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How hard is it to get one of you nice guys on here to compile the server for me, I've wasted loads of time installing multiple copies of Visual studio 2010 /12 /14 /15 and still cant get the dang thing to compile, I ask as a favor if someone could please compile latest build for me and throw it on somewhere i can get to it please.

I think the server build is one of the more needed items everyone has a client now.

P.s thank you for the client build above much appreciated

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah tx for the client mirrors and plz someone compile the most uptodate server files for 64 bit windows :)

Last edited:
Back