Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Latest EVEmu Compile (07/18/2015)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't really need to use the installer, so just unpack those 2 7z archives and you're all good to go.

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He might not visit here often, you can visit his community at and find their IRC chat details within as well.
@fallenfate thanks.
and, yes, you are right. i dont visit here often, or anywhere else, as my work schedule keeps me quite busy.
i have been working on fixing some design problems (memory management, incomplente thread code, horrible base classes) in the code foundation (deep, underlying poop), and its taking a while.
i have updated a bit lately, but i think i have broken a few things.
most ship-related modules are working, including rigs, and all hi-slot weapons are working (except bombs and superweapons). chain ratting works. im sure there is more, but cant think of any else offhand.
if anyone here is on my server and finds something not right (or flat-out broke), PLEASE post about it on my forums.
i usually dont have time to test EVERY SINGLE THING i have working when i make a change (yeah, bad development, i know...), so i may not be aware of these new things.
another update is i am not running in debug mode, and have a watchdog script running for the server (thanks @AlTahir)
so, yeah, this is a self-plug, but we are trying to get a bit of interest, as we are getting close to having an alpha server up. (hopefully by end of year).
Thats the date I was meaning lol
IceZaroth lol thanks. i did.

on another note...
the official evemu irc seems to be down, and has been for a while.
i am working on putting up an irc server, and will post on my forums when it's live.

cheers all
allan

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ive been trying to compile a server.exe from the guild on page 7 but i keep getting this error

CMake Error at cmake/BuildPackage.cmake:45 (FILE):
file DOWNLOAD HASH mismatch

for file: [C:/Users/me/Desktop/evemu_server-master/mysql-5.5.25a-winx64.zip]
expected hash: [80ad4487e09b9b6967c48188aafa888e]
actual hash: [d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e]

Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:184 (BUILD_PACKAGE)

i have the file in my folder but it still wont open it,unfortunatly i have very little exp with programming
could u please help me

i was also woundering if this is because i have windows 10 64 bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, not this again.
Don't worry - windoze have nothing to do with it. CMake had that issue before, when hash-codes on some components were different. Try downloading those archives by hand and put them in your build folder. You might either google it by exact archive name (mysql-5.5.25a-winx64.zip), or try those - (there are all required resources, needed for compilation)

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that hash isnt right.
i recently updated official source to fix that.

expected hash: [80ad4487e09b9b6967c48188aafa888e] <<< this is the hash for 64bit.
actual hash: [d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e] <<< this is the hash for 32bit.

you have something else going on there. version mismatch, maybe?

try AlThair's suggestion for manual download.

-allan

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i did as he said but compiled it on 64 bit Cmake finished and i hit generate

loaded vs 2010 as in the instructions loaded the all build but it wouldn't build the eve-server.exe

i am trying to use Zyenathalous server build i downloaded from the link on one of the pages he replied on

i have 0 exp with this sort of thing any chance on of you could make me a eve-server.exe for crucible 360229

please as i have been trying to do this for nearly a week and unable to make any head way

i download vc2010 prem as i though it would be enough but i found a error in the build

#include "eve-core.h"

#include <chrono> < needs min 2012 according search on net so i am downloading vs 2015 i hope that will work lol

#include "utils/utils_time.h"

const uint64 Win32Time_Second = 10000000L;
const uint64 Win32Time_Minute = Win32Time_Second*60;

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, the problem is - Allan uses the new C++11/C++14 standards in his code. VS compilers still suck at interpreting it, so don't expect it to build right. I tried VS, clang and mingw compilers - no luck, so if you wanna test that particular code, consider using linux OS - as VM, or dual-boot...or other device.

If you want it to build on windoze, use official evemu branch - it'll work just fine.

Cheers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've just finished a quick readthrough of the thread and haven't started trying to compile or deploy this yet, but I am definitely interested in jumping into the fray. I can make sense of C and I've done some moderately extensive Python scripting for CSS modding. I'm also pretty competent with MS SQL, MySQL and to a lesser extent, Postgres. And I can also code in PHP, if that's any help. I'm particularly experienced in automating data conversion, scrubbing log files into databases and such.

On another note, can someone give me a brief rundown on what the community needs, particularly with regard to hardware and hosting.

I'm in the process of prepping a XenServer cluster for deployment to a datacenter, and I've got four populated dual Xeon x5650 nodes backed by a NAS serving about 1.5TB of SSD for VM's and roughly 16TB on a RAID-60 spindle array, so I'm pretty sure that I could help with, for example, hosting large downloads and serving databases. I'm also set up to provide complete webserver/database/email hosting, similar to cPanel. For that matter, I could also leverage my asterisk server to set up VOIP extensions for everyone if we wanted.

So what do you guys need to help move this thing forward?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. It's my first post here, and I'm glad there are people working on EVE private server releases, and wanna thank you for your work, you rock.

I'm all set with my server, took me a while but I figured out most of the stuff (noobie here).
However, I've ran into an issue I can't address.

After installing everything, a fresh client, apache/myqsql set up, the server directory, everything's set. (I haven't used the installer, just unrared the client files.) But when I start the DB Editor, after hitting Start server, the command prompt opens, but returns with a message: The program can't start because MSVCP140D.dll is missing from your computer.

I gather it has something to do with C++ Redistributables, but here's the thing, I do have 2005-2015 installed.

I'm on Win7 x64.

If anyone has any clues on what am I doing wrong, that'd be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Sorry for late response - just noticed that notifications were arriving into spam folder.
@betteraudio
Hey mate.
Well, the one thing we always needed the most is some coders. It's clear that our little project is not the star in the sky, so we only had a very few of them...plus they come and go - RL stuff, or just change of interest - whatever reason.
So, server coding, DB stuff, web interfaces - anything you feel like doing - you're absolutely welcome.
@wolf6542
Hey mate, welcome aboard!
You're very close. Note that D letter in file name (MSVCP140D.dll) suggests that this is a Debug version. Unfortunately, it's not bundled with redistributable packages. You can either:
- Install a VS C++ (which you should have, if you compiled the server yourself)
- Just download it from some DLL hosting and put it in your server folder (either /bin, or in server root - can't recall where is it supposed to be).
See if that helps.

Cheers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@AlTahir
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I've downloaded the msv dll's separately, and it worked.
Next thing to figure out is how to properly seed the market, and have the regular price of stuff to not be as high as Donald Trump's ego :p

Any clues?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup.
You can use EVEmu control panel's queries for market seeding (might take some time to execute them, but it's nbd)
Not sure if that update have arrived to official branch, but there was an issue with basePrice attribute in invtypes table for each item - it was like 10000 times more than it's supposed to be. You just need to alter the prices, reducing it by those 10k times and you will end up with normal numbers.

Cheers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
basePrice attribute in invtypes table for each item

But, where exactly those are?

As for commodities - The editor seems to work when it wishes. I select race/region/system/category/item, adjust it, and hit seed, but it only seems to work once in 80 times for some reason. Maybe it's the editor, or I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
basePrice attribute in invtypes table

There are some weirdity with races - you gotta be precise selecting it, or the resulting query will have self-exclusive parameters (for instance - caldari lazors), which won't have any effect.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There are some weirdity with races - you gotta be precise selecting it, or the resulting query will have self-exclusive parameters (for instance - caldari lazors), which won't have any effect.

Yeah well, my point was, what am I supposed to do with the invtypes table?

EDIT: A new day, a new error.
fallenfate - [Release] Latest EVEmu Compile (07/18/2015) - RaGEZONE Forums

That's what happens when I login on the server and hit the market window, the server does not stop however, it only does if I dismiss the error.
Server was running fine yesterday, and I managed to get some items on the market, however, today the items are gone, I mean not just the ones I've added, but any and all. When I unmark "Show only available" nothing comes up.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have the module code that could make the miners work
Also adds a few more functions to some other modules

also i can run cmake and all it works but when i use visual studio 2010,2012 it does not build it says
Error 16 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory c:\evemu\server\src\eve-core\eve-core.h 162 1 eve-core
Error 18 error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 9009. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 151 5 eve-common

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have the module code that could make the miners work
Also adds a few more functions to some other modules

also i can run cmake and all it works but when i use visual studio 2010,2012 it does not build it says
Error 16 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory c:\evemu\server\src\eve-core\eve-core.h 162 1 eve-core
Error 18 error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 9009. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 151 5 eve-common

Hi!

Try to compile with Visual studio 2015 it works perfect for me!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to compile the Crucible server source using CMake 3.2.3. I have all the dependencies downloaded and in the build folder. But when I hit Configure in CMake, I get the following error:

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:14 (PROJECT):
No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

I'm using Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64 as the generator, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figured out the problem. I'm stupid. That's the problem. ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey mate.
I assume you got VS 2015 installed? The whole VC++ studio, not just redistributable package.
Seems like CMake having troubles detecting it, which in most cases means that it's not installed at all, or failed to install in process.

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey mate.
I assume you got VS 2015 installed? The whole VC++ studio, not just redistributable package.
Seems like CMake having troubles detecting it, which in most cases means that it's not installed at all, or failed to install in process.

Cheers!

Yeah that was the problem. But now I have a new error. It gets through all the dependencies I downloaded, but it errors out right after checking the dependencies. Looks like it's not finding any of the header files. Here's the CmakeError log section where it stops:

Code:
CheckIncludeFiles.c

E:\EVEMu\CRUCIBLE\SERVER\evemu_server-allen-src\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CheckIncludeFiles.c(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory [E:\EVEMu\CRUCIBLE\SERVER\evemu_server-allen-src\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec448956523.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "E:\EVEMu\CRUCIBLE\SERVER\evemu_server-allen-src\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec448956523.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Last edited:
Back