Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Legend of Edda Client+VM+Tools

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
An error pops up and the server list is not visible.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you change the agent IP? Is it compiled into it? My subnet is different from the 192.168.1.0/24. Thanks for the source.

Nevermind. I was too detemine and found how to do it. In the TOOLS folder, there's a MLS TOOL folder. Go in there and create a blank 00_ServerList.msl. In there, create all the server and their port and IP address. Copy it over to the ServerSet folder and you're good to go.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As for the client, where do i need to edit the ip?
- Another matter, im trying to create this server im my computer, not in the vm so i need to recreate de ODBC connections. any clues?
- The db backs that are in the DB folder only restore by doing the restore option directly? couse i tryed to create a db named GAMEDB and then restore it, and it failed.

PS: Is there a tutorial or something to guide in the server setup? im really very lost in all of this

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do you change the agent IP? Is it compiled into it? My subnet is different from the 192.168.1.0/24. Thanks for the source.

Nevermind. I was too detemine and found how to do it. In the TOOLS folder, there's a MLS TOOL folder. Go in there and create a blank 00_ServerList.msl. In there, create all the server and their port and IP address. Copy it over to the ServerSet folder and you're good to go.

I did the new blank 00_ServerList.msl with all the server and ip and port (to be honest i did all the server till no 25, dont make the other because is just for testing and im also cant see whats the server nuber from no 25 ahead), copied it to edda\ServerSet and when i start the first link in shortcut folder i got an error "Cant find SelfServerInfo"
I think im missing to edit some file, but i dont know wich one.

Im want to edit the servers ips .... for ex: if i want to set up a public server.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ey, sorry for the late answer and for my bad english, so if you want to edit the server ip, you need to follow the next steps, for that, check in the link below:

So first you click on player > manage > virtual machine settings or press ctrl+d, a window its going to open, select "network adapter" and press "Remove", after that press "Add", select "network adapter" and you'll get a new "network adapter 2" with a new ip, go to "Command Prompt" and type ipconfig to know your new ip, if this is going to make the server public I really don't know, i didn't test it.

On the 00_Serverlist.msl, after No 25, you need to type in the No: 101, 102, 510, 511, 512, 513, 515, 516, 517, 519, 1000, 1010, 1011, 1020, 1021, 1030, 1031, 1040, 2001, 2002, 2003, 20042005, 2006, 2020, 3001, 3003, 4000. In the server IP, you need to type the new server ip, also don't forget to go to the game files > script > open Resource.pak with pak editor.exe which is inside the TOOLS folder in the virtual machine, extract serverlist.bin, edit serverlist with packingtool.exe inside the bin folder at TOOLS, and added back serverlist.bin to Resource.pak.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help me, I am playing TiTan side but when I press enter But with no room for me to play Someone knowledgeable in this area please help me.

This Olympus - [RELEASE] Legend of Edda Client+VM+Tools - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help me, I am playing TiTan side but when I press enter But with no room for me to play Someone knowledgeable in this area please help me.

View attachment 241275
1694350985878 - [RELEASE] Legend of Edda Client+VM+Tools - RaGEZONE Forums

So for that, what I did was to modify the file 00_ChannelInfo.bin inside the ServerSet paste in the VMWare, open with the PackingTool inside the Bin Tool in the Tools paste, from:

*MAP 11 2 1 1 0 2 1 0

TO

*MAP 11 2 1 1 0 2 2 0

and save it, with that, you should be able to enter gaiyan town with a titan char without issue.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I followed the tutorial, but when I open the client and select the server it says ''the servers are currently offline''. Could anyone please help? Thank you in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I followed the tutorial, but when I open the client and select the server it says ''the servers are currently offline''. Could anyone please help? Thank you in advance!
About that, probably there's not connection between your computer and the VM IP, from your computer open the command prompt (press windows key and type cmd and run), inside the prompt, type "ping 192.168.1.200" without the " ", if the prompt says that packet lost = 4, that really confirms there's not connection between your computer and VM, to be able to connect/ping between your PC and VM, you'll have to get a new VM IP, replace 1 file from the edda server files (00_serverlist) and another from edda client files called serverlist.bin inside resource.pak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, when I start the client, game crashes with message "Create vertex buffer fail" have anyone experienced this before? And how to fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, when I start the client, game crashes with message "Create vertex buffer fail" have anyone experienced this before? And how to fix it?
I never had that problem, what I could find on google about that error, not relate to edda but in other games, it means that you may have a weak graphics card or maybe your computer is using your integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated one to run the game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, can I ask where can I find the Connection IP from the client?

Edit: NVM already figured it out it's in Resource.pak -> serverlist.bin

Now the screen is too big.. how can I make in windowed? or change the resolution?
What did you use to edit the .pak file?

who share me this src pw....i like client and server source
I have registered (took forever guessing at the captcha but it says I need to reply to see hidden info but won't let me reply even if I get the captcha correct. You had any luck?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What did you use to edit the .pak file?
When you run the Edda server inside the VMWare, there's a folder called "Tools", inside that folder you'll find another folder called Pak i think, and inside that folder, theres a PakEditor.exe, you use this program to open the .pak file, to extract, to add or remove a file inside the .pak

Back