Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial

Reaction score
Hello again, I'm having some issues with GMTOOL

I'm getting this error when hitting
The GMTOOL need to use a different port since apache already is using port 80

When I hit this URL: , I get this:

I enter the user id and password that you mentioned to put in your 1st post admin as user id and password nd I get this error
Be suse you installed the IIS with CLASSIC ASP
v76T3VW - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

and enable Send Errors to Browser in IIS manager to see the error message
I9Qdi4a - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The GMTOOL need to use a different port since apache already is using port 80

Be suse you installed the IIS with CLASSIC ASP
v76T3VW - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

and enable Send Errors to Browser in IIS manager to see the error message
I9Qdi4a - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Okay did that and this is what was returned on the browser
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
Include file not found
/Login.asp, line 13
The include file '/admin/language.asp' was not found.

I checked the directory and I do see the language.asp.

EDIT:
I put the language.asp file in the following directory

After that, I was able to access the login page, put admin for both user id and password and now I'm getting this message:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
Include file not found
/LoginOk.asp, line 2
The include file '/Admin/common/Library/gm_dbcon.asp' was not found.

I followed the path and I'm seeing the gm_dbcon.asp

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check if the path to GMTOOL is correct
vAODULs - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Fixed it, apparently I had to change my TCIP/IP IPAII port to 1433. Restarted site and I am able to login. Wooho!! Thank you so much.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@juniordark when trying to modify items on the gmtool site for armors, I get a "This item is not registered". Do you know what file I open to add it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for great work OP.

Managed to launch it (via VM image) with the help of this thread.

Things that i'd like to add, that wasn't mentioned yet:
  • Image is for VMWare Workstation (i'm only worked with vbox before and it took time to find proper soft to launch it);
    • I'm not sure if it's vmware problem, my hardware or anything else, but vm was INSANELY slow until i raised cpu limit to 16 threads (8 was awful). Using 16 gb ram, but not sure if it's makes difference vs 8gb in this case.
    • Noticed that if I change disk controller type from nvme to sata it's fast enough even on 8 threads, but it's stucks right after booting then.
  • For VM image you don't need to do any setup manually, there is a "RH Server Configuration Assistant" tool that does it in 3 clicks. Nothing else needed (besides "1", "uol"). Well, active_area is also required to be set manually right now
    • It would be great if this tool set active area to "chn_beta" by default (or at least has it as option on the tool level) // though, not that i need it anymore, since server is set up
    • upd: nevermind about above. It's already a thing in a new version of config assistant tool, so it's worth it to download it to vm from this thread.
English/Japanese Clients:
Create a batch file on the client folder with the following:
start RustyHearts.exe -serverurlhttp://YOUR_WAN_IP/rh_reborn.info

Not quite clear. It is an option, and as i understant it identify user by ip in this case. If you want to being identified by username you still able to specify it by
"id=YOUR_USERNAME user=YOUR_USERNAME password=YOUR_PASSWORD" even for english client

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for great work OP.

Managed to launch it (via VM image) with the help of this thread.

Things that i'd like to add, that wasn't mentioned yet:
  • Image is for VMWare Workstation (i'm only worked with vbox before and it took time to find proper soft to launch it);
    • I'm not sure if it's vmware problem, my hardware or anything else, but vm was INSANELY slow until i raised cpu limit to 16 threads (8 was awful). Using 16 gb ram, but not sure if it's makes difference vs 8gb in this case.
    • Noticed that if I change disk controller type from nvme to sata it's fast enough even on 8 threads, but it's stucks right after booting then.
  • For VM image you don't need to do any setup manually, there is a "RH Server Configuration Assistant" tool that does it in 3 clicks. Nothing else needed (besides "1", "uol")
  • It would be great if this tool set active area to "chn_beta" by default (or at least has it as option on the tool level) // though, not that i need it anymore, since server is set up
English/Japanese Clients:
Create a batch file on the client folder with the following:
start RustyHearts.exe -serverurlhttp://YOUR_WAN_IP/rh_reborn.info

Not quite clear. It is an option, and as i understant it identify user by ip in this case. If you want to being identified by username you still able to specify it by
"id=YOUR_USERNAME user=YOUR_USERNAME password=YOUR_PASSWORD" even for english client

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm having one primary issue with running this server as well: GATE XML ERROR. I have checked to make sure all of the configs have the proper IP set (my IPv4 IP, not my public IP), and I've done the same thing to the .bat used with the client, but I keep getting the error despite also port forwarding (though I know it's probably useless). Should I be using a different IP with the serverurl line? I've connected to the url and the information displays correctly, but the only one I'm having the issue with is the client. Firewall is also set up to allow it through.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mirror Mega.nz:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm being blind but is their a way to edit the events that run through the monitor tool as I noticed their aee different events in both tools. And is their a different way to activate them, also are their any in game gm commands available

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you got the mip tool to.make little updates .
And is their any way tocontrol events over the monitor.tool , and any in gMe gm.commands

Reaction score
Monitor tool can run most events, just add it to the RealTimeEventTable table, you can find the events and its IDs on TimeEvent.rh table, but monitor tool can be buggy,it can delete the added events on RealTimeEventTable and replace by default values.
Event drops and decorations need to be edited manually on the lua/rh files on both client/server.

You can use the PCKTool to patch the client.

About in game gm commands, I haven't looked into it much but it probably needs a specific permission on the DB and something related to the GMServer.
You can try to RE the GMServer and look how it work, some old versions of the servers have the debug symbols to help with it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the response

I have a new command window appearing now.

As for the patch I'd rather have.mip conversion to make things easier for knowing little updates I do fixing theclient and making it easier to update friends , it was released before but seems links are dead so if anyone has mip converter would be grand.

Also as for the time event

No editing of the timeevent.rh has changed what loads in the monitor tool they still show the same ones . Any advice on this would be great

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm stuck on "Press any key". I can try every key on my keyboard without any result. I've try multiple computer with same issue.

Any idea to how to solve this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stuck on "Press any key" can be:

Wrong configs: Be sure to use the lastest version of RH Sever Configuration Assistant, found on tools on first post to set the configs.

Gateserver closed: Be sure that connection is open using U O L on Gateserver console.

I use the latest RH Server Option (I guess it's what you talking about)

I don't have any Gateserver in the list and no gateserver.exe in the list of .exe in server folder ! :/ I guess the problem come from here ?

thanks

Back