Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] TalesWeaver 4.04 Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I have a server setup and it works great with the 4.04j client. I also have the 1.01gtw client installed but cant seem to get that to work. Every time I launch the client with the patches file changed to 1.01 and english it crashes the server. Is it not compatible cross clients? Also is there a way to change it so that it can be. I know the tw second run private server was most likely using gtw 1.01 client since the tw icons match the global client icons. Maybe they did a trick to make it work using 4.04. Any advice would be great.
I would like to permanently host a server for this game in the near future regardless if anyone is interested in playing or not. Will also make a step by step guide for anyone else once I get this working.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I have a server setup and it works great with the 4.04j client. I also have the 1.01gtw client installed but cant seem to get that to work. Every time I launch the client with the patches file changed to 1.01 and english it crashes the server. Is it not compatible cross clients? Also is there a way to change it so that it can be. I know the tw second run private server was most likely using gtw 1.01 client since the tw icons match the global client icons. Maybe they did a trick to make it work using 4.04. Any advice would be great.
I would like to permanently host a server for this game in the near future regardless if anyone is interested in playing or not. Will also make a step by step guide for anyone else once I get this working.

You seem pretty experienced
Can you DM Me? Or do you have a Discord Tag so that we can contact each other?
We as a team are actually trying to develop one as well, and we're planing to aim for the English and Korean audience on this game.

the more development members the better tbh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone developed an English version of this? I would like to setup a personal server for me and my family. Does anyone have the files for an English version? The links on previous pages to an English version don't exist anymore.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to bring this back from the dead.
I have mysql 5.1.73 installed on the latest version of ubuntu LTS and when trying to run the files the following happens:

~/Desktop/tw404/jtales0$ ./jtales -d 12 jtales0
bash: ./jtales: No such file or directory

when i disable allows executables on the ubuntu file this happens:
~/Desktop/tw404/jtales0$ ./jtales -d 12 jtales0
bash: ./jtales: Permission denied

it is the weirdest problem....i don't get what is wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have this fully working now but when launching the client, it says the server is version 4.22? client 4.04? won't let me log in...
any fix anyone is aware of?

This has also been fixed. just need English 404J files now.

translations tools are here:
https://talesweaverfan.tripod.com/twtools.htm
client is here:
https://mega.nz/#!AMlUyKBb!AY8igGyuBIIsd2gRSYHBxU6pAcY9UmXaKzVRXtXuNWg

discord:
https://discord.gg/cMmwRzeU5q

Last edited:
Back