Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Releases]Blade and Soul Server files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that you can Upload 1 of your VMs Zorno?

Actually not. Sitting behind a lightweight SDSL Line with 1024 up- and download. Hope to get a better connection next month when they start the glass fiber lines. But there was a thread in release section somewhere where you can download a working VM.

I can just say be sure to use MS SQL 2008 r2, not express. Express editions seem to fail. Also disable any virus stuff (windows defender, smart screen or other things) before you download the archives. Those programs kill stuff even in zips.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tested on several VMs:

Win 7 x64 - SQL 2008 R2 - works
Win 7 x64 - SQL 2012 Express - failed DBs
Win 8.1 - SQL 2008 R2 - works but runs very slow
Win 8.1 - SQL 2012 Express - failed DBs
Win 10 Pro - SQL 2008 R2 - Windows Smartscreen warned about exes but runs
Win 10 Pro - SQL 2012 Express - failes DBs

Wont check on more than that as i dont have more mirrored systems but it seems to work best with win 7 x64 (SP3). Should run better on server versions i guess.

Hi there
In our testings, we've found that the SQL versions beyond 2012 will fail _natively_. If you want it to get it working with higher versions, you'll need to install the STServer Backend Connector
When it's installed, it will start working again, Currently we have SQL 2019 running with no issues.

Retired
Reaction score
*rubbing hands on each other* finally some MSSQL stuff, instead of the mindfuckery and bullshittery MySQL. Gosh ... I hate emulated stuff with MySQL.
Going to check on them, when returning home. Would love to contribute QoL and detailed stuff, as it was my favorite thing doing on Silkroad Online back then, also with real server modules and no java emulation crap.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
*rubbing hands on each other* finally some MSSQL stuff, instead of the mindfuckery and bullshittery MySQL. Gosh ... I hate emulated stuff with MySQL.
Going to check on them, when returning home. Would love to contribute QoL and detailed stuff, as it was my favorite thing doing on Silkroad Online back then, also with real server modules and no java emulation crap.

You're going to have lots of fun with these files then. These Deamons aren't your usual server setup like most other games out there. This is intended and designed to be used as a Server Cluster instead, so there's a huge learning curve for the most part, especially towards the Localhosters communities

Retired
Reaction score
You're going to have lots of fun with these files then. These Deamons aren't your usual server setup like most other games out there. This is intended and designed to be used as a Server Cluster instead, so there's a huge learning curve for the most part, especially towards the Localhosters communities

Yea, I already expected that. Silkroad also functioned in that way. Gateway enabling some specialities like creating more characters per account (instead of the vanilla 4, up to 8 and more), the gameserver more for rate adjustments, mob AI changes and spawn logic on condition XYZ, and more. That is why I am actually happy about this release. Something to mess with, till Cyberpunk 2077 gets released. If it sucks, I still have BnS, where I can solo the bosses as a mage or assa :'D

Edit:
For people who want to search a bit faster inside those text files (or not owning a PC as strong as few of us do have), try to get used to more advanced windows search functions and parameters.
(thanks for your brief guide @ashlay)
e.g. "filter for *.xml and then search for 43.240.74.89" is quite ineffective, if you take in consideration that this result of filtering just for *.xml files will yield almost 2500 files to look inside for.

First of all, expand your search index for more results and enable deeper searching.
Open up your windows panel (Win-Button), type in "Indexing Options", click on it, go to advanced, file types, and assure yourself that file extensions like "xml", "sql", "dat" and so on are checked.
Click OK and open up your windows explorer. There, we are going to switch on "View"-tab, far on the right, there are "Options" > "Change Folder- and Searchoptions", there we are going to switch to the tab "Search" and check "Always search file names and contents (...bla bla)".
Just a hint: Disable this after you have done doing your stuff, if you want to save some seconds/CPU usage when doing regular daily searches.

Now you can use a proper and deeper search. Don't just use "*.xml", rather use: content:"43.240.74.89" IN *.xml or in some cases (mostly at *.ini cases) simply use a slim search like 10.10.66.88 and you will get only 3 xml results out of 2490 files. Use this for everything which might require specific string-searching.

Edit2:
memeda78 - [Releases]Blade and Soul Server files! - RaGEZONE Forums

This is the approximated amount of RAM you are going to use, 15.5GB (DDR4, 32GB in this case, it is bloody fluent, no lagging, no glitching, no ghosting), give or take 3-5GB RAM because of my background applications.
i7-8700K 4.20GHz CPU is at a quarter load 12-28%, ingame, 2560x1080p, maxed.
BTW. You guys can also use different login strings, like SQL Database instance names "Username\BnS-Server" instead of the 127.0.0.1:pORTNUMBER, and also your Local IP instead of the WAN (Public) IP.
This were usual server stuff which I liked about real MSSQL.

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Hi, did you run this server on your LAN? Using internal IPs? Or real ip addresses?
I have tried to run this server using LAN ip but no luck.

Real LAN IP, in this case 192.168.178.XX (the assigned IP from your router).

OT: I have encountered a tiny issue. The client keeps closing after a while with the error 4041 saying something similar to "Encountered an issue during execution and closed the client. (4041)", I remember that this issue was a marvelous "feature" from GameGuard blocking the entire client from starting due to having background applications running (e.g. Logitech Gaming Software, Discord, Skype, etc.)
Any progress on that end? Will try the "no GG" files form PlayBNS.
Going to update this with the file attached to it removing GG, if successful.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do you guys translate the client that is posted on the first page or there is another english version around?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

OT: I have encountered a tiny issue. The client keeps closing after a while with the error 4041 saying something similar to "Encountered an issue during execution and closed the client. (4041)", I remember that this issue was a marvelous "feature" from GameGuard blocking the entire client from starting due to having background applications running (e.g. Logitech Gaming Software, Discord, Skype, etc.)
Any progress on that end? Will try the "no GG" files form PlayBNS.
If i recall correctly there was a xigncode and gameguard deletion software that you could run over the client and it would clean the crap out of it also providing some performance boost to it, question: is there any source code contained in this release, what are the libs, are they packed?
Me and my coleague were planning on working on this but sadly he lost his gpu, so im the only one that can go ingame :/

Edit: does anyone have an idea what does the 20 gig zip file on panbaidu contain? Im trying to download it since monday and luck has it that i had a bsod while downloading xD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Real LAN IP, in this case 192.168.178.XX (the assigned IP from your router). OT: I have encountered a tiny issue. The client keeps closing after a while with the error 4041 saying something similar to "Encountered an issue during execution and closed the client. (4041)", I remember that this issue was a marvelous "feature" from GameGuard blocking the entire client from starting due to having background applications running (e.g. Logitech Gaming Software, Discord, Skype, etc.) Any progress on that end? Will try the "no GG" files form PlayBNS. Going to update this with the file attached to it removing GG, if successful.
When I ran into that problem I had to add the entire BnS directory to my Anti-Virus exception list. Once I did that it worked without issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Strange, i have changed and replace all IP 10.10.66.88 to 127.0.0.1 and 43.240.74.89 to my LAN ip - 192.168.10.100
did you do the same thing?

At the end of 2012 we are working on BnS emulator
We have successfully disabled GameGuard, i will try ro ask our dev about this issue.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can anyone with an baidu account pls upload the first file from this link 提取码:2wq7 it has 19GB and i think that is the vm file that you dont have to create your own server only start the virtual maschine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
btw the 19 gig file is just a client XD, we were downloading it for 4 days and realized it just now...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
pretty much, you just need the 175client.rar, the file 2008.rar has the vm. its funny how much time we lost tbh, i tried downloading it since sunday but had a few bsods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back