Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ReRelease] NeoSteam Server Files

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
This is a re-release of the server files found in this thread.
This means you should read that entire thread before posting here.

Since no one was kind enough to reupload the server files for the past couple years, I went ahead and went searching through the sites that steal RageZone releases and don't credit us. Aren't they nice folks ;)

Anyways, I found 2 releases so I diff'ed them and included what was different in the second one.
Then I did my usual high-compression.

So here is the release (19.1MB):
You must register or login to view this content.
Please refrain from posting any mirrors until they are needed, if ever.

You may use this thread as a help section, but I will provide no support myself.

Don't forget to 'like' the post if it helped you.

EDIT 2022/12/16:
I noticed that most of the client links are dead in the old thread now,
so I went and uploaded all the clients I have onto MEGA.

Here is a list of links for the clients:
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
On a side note, I'm seeing lots of downloads but not many "likes" or "reps".

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, Runnig the client gave me several errors. Two of them were to fix the missing msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll, which was fine to fix, but now is asking for nssystem.dll which I cannot find anywhere. I assume it stands for NeoSteamSystem, but would you happen to have any info where I can get that file?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can read Chinese and CODES. Anyone wants to discuss this game's server with me?

Reaction score
i can translate the entire thing via google translate. i am determined if needed(i use to translate tends of thousands of line from time to time manually)counless days of work.. just tell me what to do. or PM me ur discord for this project that we will make.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I used reverse engineering successfully to get pseudocode of the server. I was excited to see the underlying logic of skills especially complex special skills. But it's still a big challenge to modify assembly codes.
Here is the skill called RedSwipe used by thief in Rogwel:
PyroSamurai - [ReRelease] NeoSteam Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey hey, Yao are you still active here? I am trying to set up a Server but would need some help. I got all the files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
update:
I’ve successfully modified codes of the server using reverse engineering.
But, all I can do is inserting assembly code and it’s a huge project.
I can still remember the other day I added 7 lines of assembly codes only to generate one line of cpp code(calling function).
Welcome everyone that has interest in reverse engineering to discuss this with me.

Hey hey, Yao are you still active here? I am trying to set up a Server but would need some help. I got all the files
So, what can I help you?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anybody still working on getting the server translated and playable?

I'm working on translating the NpcDataParams table right now, managed to decrypt the hex data containing the chinese texts that needs to be translated using TheMachine2K's java code from the old neosteam thread.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Il s'agit d'une réédition des fichiers serveur trouvés dans ce fil de discussion .
Cela signifie que vous devriez lire l'intégralité de ce fil de discussion avant de poster ici.

Comme personne n'a eu la gentillesse de retélécharger les fichiers du serveur au cours des deux dernières années, j'ai continué et j'ai parcouru les sites qui volent les versions de RageZone et ne nous créditent pas. Ne sont-ils pas des gens sympas;)

Quoi qu'il en soit, j'ai trouvé 2 versions, donc je les ai comparées et j'ai inclus ce qui était différent dans la seconde.
Ensuite, j’ai fait ma haute compression habituelle.

Voici donc la version (19,1 Mo) :
[INVITÉ CACHÉ]

[/HIDEGUEST]

Veuillez vous abstenir de publier des miroirs jusqu'à ce qu'ils soient nécessaires, le cas échéant.

Vous pouvez utiliser ce fil de discussion comme section d'aide, mais je ne fournirai aucune assistance moi-même.

N'oubliez pas de « liker » le post s'il vous a aidé.

EDIT 2022/12/16 :
J'ai remarqué que la plupart des liens clients sont désormais morts dans l'ancien fil de discussion,
alors je suis allé télécharger tous les clients que j'ai sur MEGA.

Voici une liste de liens pour les clients :
[CACHER MERCI]

[/CACHEMERCI]

En passant, je vois beaucoup de téléchargements mais pas beaucoup de « j'aime » ou de « représentants ».
Merci !!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey hey, I am actually able to get the server running, just outside connection is a problem...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi!

im new to this game, but it looks pretty endearing.

i was wondering if someone can help me with a couple of issues i have encountered thus far

i managed to login and play the game with the test account ceshi2, but when i create a new account -or when i use some of the other accounts found on the database- they can't click to select a server to join (the server shows up greyed out), only ceshi2 can thus far, and i gave admin to the new account on adminparams just in case, but there isn't any difference.

regarding items, i tried /debug giveitem xxxx , with xxxx being many numbers, but couldn't get any to work, not even with the numbers shown on weapon-for-sql.txt. any ideas on what i may be doing wrong? also, is there a way to get premium items? i read the process to get a cash shop was somewhat convoluted, so i guess i'd rather go with a good old cheat injection instead or at least in this starting phase.

also, is there any difference on using any of the available clients from any other client? i went with usa, but i think 99.99% of the text is garbled. did i forget to include something? seeing as from what i could read from the original post, it looked as if everything was advancing on the translation department. did nobody share or commit changes publicly? or did i read that incorrectly? or do i need to include the files from server_v2? that part didn't feel very understandable to me either. i guess i can survive brawling without reading the text for the most part, but i noticed there were some machines in town that look like allow for reforging and upgrading of items and what not, but i couldn't get the neurons needed to make any of them going. it looks like it would be of nice gameplay mechanics, optional hopefully, but raises my concerns as to what non-optional garbled portion i may encounter in the future that could prevent actual gameplay...say, how to learn skills or advance jobs, for example. i feel that even if a translation never gets forwarded, maybe a 'blind click guide' made by players that got to experience the actual game -or by players that guess the solutions!- could become a welcoming asset for newcommers.

regarding gameplay, how do you get steam? from what i understood, it is the ammunition for bows and rifles, but it's always on 0 -unless /debug ns for unlimited- but i tried to rig it on the database for the character and i didn't see in incrementing still (granted, i should have tried with a value other than 1 from the 0 it had).

does it suffice to change equipment requirements on the database if i want any character to be able to use any item? i wasn't able to change stats on characters by modifying on the database, only money.

thanks in advance!

oh, yes! any other way to do regular attack besides right clicking on enemy?

Last edited:
Back