Spiral Knights server code in Beta client

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

Re: Spiral Knights server code in Beta client

Spiral Knights server code in Beta client
    [Sorry. This has been redacted]
    Last edited by Meehoweq; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:10 PM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2018 Join Date
    1Posts

I am aware that this is a bit of an old topic, though I have come here in an attempt to revive the Spiral Knights server project.

My expertise is in C#, SQL, javascript/css/html, game and web development, and intermediate reverse engineering. Right now I am taking a look at what can be done in order to at least play offline or over LAN. If anyone else has any information, please send me a PM or email me at cooltripct@gmail.com.

I will start trying to figure the files out, and hope for the best - this game was amazing in my opinion.

Right now, I believe I am just missing the ProjectX dependencies, but it may only be a matter of time to replicate or find them.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

So was this project abandoned? I would extremely wish to be able to download a working server of Spiral Knights, just as insurance so I know I can always play it even when the main game dies, so, if you're losing/lost motivation, I'd extremely encourage you to carry on!

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

Last edited by Meehoweq; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:10 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

Man! I can't tell you how thankful and excited I am that you're doing this! Seriously man! You've been working on this for what, 5 years!? That amount of perseverance is really admirable, keep up the good work!

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

So, I'm sorry, but I can't resist asking, I'm just SO excited for this. How is you finishing it "before the summer ends" looking? Does it still sound like it is possible? Or will it take quite a bit longer?

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

Last edited by Meehoweq; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:11 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

Dude! That's awesome! I'm really glad you're doing this! So, are you going to give me the server code for free? Or are you going to charge me for it? (considering how much effort you put into this, I wouldn't blame you at all if you did, all the same, I'd rather get it for free!)

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

Ah, so basically, there's no way I could get my hands on the source code unless you chose to release it to the wild? I know a stranger's word isn't worth much, but I want to give mine anyway that I really wouldn't ever use it for any mal purpose, the only reason why I want it is so that I'd be able to play an offline version of it when the game dies, because I *know* that my interest in the game will outlive the game itself. This means that if you didn't want everyone to have the server code, there'd be NO WAY I would distribute it to anyone. So, basically, what I'm getting at, is, if you decide that you don't want EVERYONE to have this code, would you at least possibly consider giving it to me? But I understand why you wouldn't want to, just asking in the slight chance your answer is a "yes".

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, another reason why I would like the source code, is so that I would be able to study the code, I think it would be really fun to understand how the client and server talk with each other. Just thought I'd mention that, just so you know ALL the reasons why I want it.

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

Oh, I mean, I can't WAIT for this, but I'm not being impatient, take all the time you need, my point back there was just that when you're 100% done with the code, and then, if you decided you didn't want everyone to get their hands on it, then I just wanted you to consider giving it strictly to me, on the basis that I wouldn't distribute it to anyone (which, I know, you have no idea who I am and what my word is worth, so if that doesn't carry much weight, I understand). Also, just curious, is it actually in a playable state right now? If it is, NICE JOB! no matter how cruddy or inefficient the code is as of the moment, that is a HUGE achievement! So if that is the case, GOOD JOB AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    Last edited by Malfix; 04-09-19 at 09:53 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    7Posts

So how goes the progress? Are you still working on this, taking a break, or did you decide to abandon the project?

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    12Posts

MemberRank
    Oct 2020 Join Date
    2Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meehoweq View Post
    Taken a break, because I had practically no time for it. Going to continue the development the next week. :)
    Hey i was wondering if the project is dead or if its still alive. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement