Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Requirements

• A bit knowledge on Linux
  • Server Files (yokohiro's thread)
  • /
  • Windows 7-11
  • Navicat
  • Notepad++
  • SecureCRT
  • WinScp

Other Downloads

Please note: I will be using Virtual Box because it's free. For VMWare users please try your best to follow along.

The Guide
1. Start up Virtual Box.
1 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
2. Click on 'New' and name your virtual machine whatever you want. Set the 'Type' to 'Linux' and 'Version' to 'Other (x64)'. Configure the memory size to your liking and once done click on 'Create'.
2 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
3. If you're an advanced user configure the options to your liking otherwise leave everything as it is and click on 'Create' and then start it. Although I recommend 3.5GB of ram.
3 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
4. When you start the virtual maachine for the first time it will ask you for a host drive. Browse for your CentOS LiveCD minimal iso and click 'Start'.
4 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
5. When it starts you'll see a screen asking you to press a button for boot options. Press a button and get to this screen. Click on 'Install' and if everything is set properly you'll get to the screen on step 6 below.
5 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
6. It's now time to configure your OS. Please do that and restart when prompted.

... To be continued in the next post. Stay tuned and be patient for the rest of the tutorial! ;)

Note: Because I'm on another locale language your button labels may be different but I hope my translation is precise enough to get you started.

Code:
[Setting]
Locate=US

Also a video tutorial may be coming, stay tuned.

What to do if my server doesn't start LoginServer, MissionServer etc.?
Make sure you have given the right permission to the user you have created in PostgreSQL.

My client does not connect to my server, what do I do?
You look into your databases and check if the IP's provided are correct and if that doesn't work check your hex edits.

Why is MissionServer crashing after 1 hour?
evestu has a guide to fix the issue. Go see page 17 or if you an advance user go check this. Special thanks go to @YesOfCourse, @evestu and @NetTrodon.

How can I make other people connect to my server?
Get evestu's tool here to patch your WorldServer if not already then add your external IP to the worlds table. Use to fetch your external IP. Also make sure your tb_user has the right information as it overrides the accounts if in online-mode. Or use AKTools "Local IP fix".

Ports to open?
Check this post. Also make sure to use TCP.
Otherwise: 6543,5567,5568, 10021 and 10022.

Why do I get "Connection to server failed. (0)/(6)"?
You either need to patch your worldserver binary using evestu's tool or AKTools or you have to make sure your iptables service isn't blocking the ports for the server files. Check the FAQ above for the link. If that didn't work make sure you've opened the right ports: 6543,5567,5568, 10021 and 10022.

Why do I get "Wrong username and password"?
Make sure your username is in lowercase.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
7 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
7. Configure the OS to your liking and restart if prompted.

8 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
8. Once landed on this boring black and white screen go type
Code:
ifconfig
to see if your eth0 is present - if not type
Code:
ifup eth0
to get an IP address.

9 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
9. Once you know the IP address go start SecureCRT and connect to your server.

10 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
10. Now type the necessary commands to install PostGreSQL and all needed assets:

Note: To paste in SecureCRT use Shift+ Insert. Also accept all questions if asked.

To install PostGreSQL
Code:
yum install http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos93-9.3-1.noarch.rpm
Code:
yum install postgresql93-server postgresql93-contrib
Note: You can install any version of PostGreSQL as long as it's not going below 9.x.

...now back to the steps

11 - How to set up Aura Kingdom Server on CentOS - RaGEZONE Forums
11. Open up WinSCP and connect to your server and navigate to your root folder.
From there chmod the folder by right clicking the folder and properties. Change the permission to 777.

12. Navigate to var/lib/psql/9.3/data and find pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf and open them up.

In pga_hba.conf find and edit according to your needs:
Code:
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local   all             all                                     peer
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             0.0.0.0/0            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 ident
Note: 0.0.0.0 means all IP's are accepted. To limit it set it to your IP following with
Code:
/32

Now to postgresql.conf:
Remove the hash tag of
Code:
#listen_addresses
and edit it to:
Code:
listen_addresses='*'
like so:
Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
...save them both and type
Code:
service postgresql-9.3 initdb
and
Code:
service postgresql-9.3 start
afterwards.

13. Back to Winscp, copy all the server files in a directory in
Code:
/root
and make sure to give it a permission of 777. Right click on the folder and write 777 in the octal textbox otherwise type
Code:
chmod /root 777 -R
in SecureCRT. -R means recursive which sets all the files's permission underneath the folder of root to 777.

Time to create a database user
14. Go back to SecureCRT and type
Code:
sudo -u postgres createuser --superuser <username>
to create a new PostGreSQL super user. It's not required as you can use the default user "postgres". It's up to you. Just make sure to set a password. Do so by typing
Code:
alter user <username> password '<password>';
. You must remember to use the ' in the password to let it know it's a string.

15. Now type
Code:
su postgres
then
Code:
psql
when the 'bash' comes.

16. Create the necessary databases and give them a name of your choice. To create a database type
Code:
create database <database name> encoding 'SQL_ASCII' template template0;
. You must end a PostGreSQL command with a ';' otherwise nothing will happen. To import a SQL first connect to the database by typing
\c <database>
then
\i '<path to file>';
Caution: You must have the encoding in order to make the database read chinese letters otherwise the server won't let you in. The encoding is case-sensitive as well so make sure you type it as shown. Template is making sure that you can use a custom template of the database creation. Template0 means custom. No further explanation from here.

17. Once done go to Navicat and open up the game- and login server database.
In the game server database find the 'serverstatus' table and edit the IP's to your server's. Do so as well with login server database's 'worlds' table.

18. Open up the start file and replace the paths accordingly so they match yours.

19. Start your server by typing
Code:
./start
and you're done!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to log in client ? so what client use with this file? can u send the download link please^^

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
no offense but whats the point in this at this time?
its a copy/paste from whats on the chinese blogs/forums
its incomplete since nobody is willing to give out the database or even what the matching client is. (and btw you can probably just get the client connected by changing your host file and rerouting the original ip its connecting to to your local ip)
youre not giving any explanation bout how to transfer the files into the virtual box or even that you probably need to chmod the files.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
no offense but whats the point in this at this time?
its a copy/paste from whats on the chinese blogs/forums
its incomplete since nobody is willing to give out the database or even what the matching client is. (and btw you can probably just get the client connected by changing your host file and rerouting the original ip its connecting to to your local ip)
youre not giving any explanation bout how to transfer the files into the virtual box or even that you probably need to chmod the files.

As you and I stated it's an incomplete guide. The purpose of this tutorial is to fill the empty holes of what was written in the chinese guide. I have left lots of other things you have to do behind because it is not necessary at the moment. Just be happy about the fact that this tutorial is understandable.

Also I even added additional information that the chinese forums didn't had so please cut off the copy/paste part of yours. If you can provide any assistance go ahead! I'd gladly update the tutorial to include your contribution.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm trying to make my local server and connect one client minimum :)

Make sure you have set the encoding of your server to ISO88591.

Do that by going to
Code:
/etc/sysconfig/i18n

Then change the encoding part to
Code:
LANG="en_US.ISO88591"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Also make sure you have set your IP to have a prefix of 192.168.1.xxx.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
With the command :
yum install postgresql93-server postgresql93-contrib

I get that :
/usr/bin/yum: line 2: import: command not found
/usr/bin/yum: line 3: try:: command not found
/usr/bin/yum: line 4: import: command not found
/usr/bin/yum: line 5: except: command not found
/usr/bin/yum: yum: line 23: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/yum: yum: line 23: `""" % (sys.exc_value, sys.version)'

I missed something?