Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[BOUBOUM] Help needed reverse engineering a game server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi this is my first time posting on RageZone, yet I think no one really touched on this subject yet.
So there's a game named Bouboum from Atelier801 and the game was pretty much "abandoned" not much time after its release, after being "abandoned" (I mean there's no mods online so the game is unplayable because of cheaters) there was some people who reverse engineered the game server and were able to start their private servers.
Little by little the private game servers started disappearing and there's not a single one left out there, during such time I was able to find a python source code for the game servers as well as a working client locked to my localhost ip (127.0.0.1), by using a wamp it was possible to make the game work (I also solved most of the server side glitches).
Even though the game worked the version was yet really old and ended up becoming such a headache since it had some major bugs who were from the alpha versions that I couldn't really solve since they were on the game client (a swf file). So I came here to ask if anyone could help me solving this bugs or if anyone could explain to me a bit about how emulators are made from scratch, since creating a new server for the latest client could be a more versatile solution to my problem.
Thanks in advance :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"abandoned"... 10 players onlines.

you can make your emulator base on this: or

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think it's best for you not to develop a Bouboum emulator, because even the original game itself does not have a good number of players, and getting players not coming from the original game is very difficult. If you are developing an emulator for some Atelier801 game, I suggest it be from Transformice or Transformice Adventures.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I think it's best for you not to develop a Bouboum emulator, because even the original game itself does not have a good number of players, and getting players not coming from the original game is very difficult. If you are developing an emulator for some Atelier801 game, I suggest it be from Transformice or Transformice Adventures.

To be honest I didn't really have in mind getting a huge amount of players it was more like a way to comprehend on reverse engineering is done on this kind of servers, anyways thanks for your help !

"abandoned"... 10 players onlines.

you can make your emulator base on this: or
Thank you so much for your help !
I'll take a look at it and try my best :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Back