• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

C9 - General Help Thread

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice about how to make Jumping Characters works ? when you try to create a jumping character the game say "This content is currently unavailable"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im haveing issews getting C9 to run on my public ip i have opend i think all the nessasery ports but when i use my piclic ip the server wont start up but if i change to hamatchi ip it all works is there sumthing im missing i really dont wanna use hamatchi for my and my frends as i have a static ip

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I followed the server set-up guide for just a local testing server and used the client in the main post, but I get a 'login failed initialize' error.

Image of running servers -
lastfun - C9 - General Help Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Running start_max.bat from desktop shortcut. Because it's local I didn't change IPs, so they're all default localhost/127.0.0.1. Connecting via client shortcut using 'E:\Media\Games\C9\C9\C9.exe 127.0.0.1,10721' as the Target path, but still the error. Only thing I can think of is I used the ODBC .bat files which were 32bit so I had to manually add my own, but the server runs and the connection tests worked, so they're fine... right? They were added using .\SQLEXPRESS for the server name as I use 2008R2, and I used the SQL Server Native Client 10.0. I also changed all username and passwords to my 'sa' details to help avoid errors... still no client connection.

What else could be causing this to not connect? :(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I followed the server set-up guide for just a local testing server and used the client in the main post, but I get a 'login failed initialize' error.

Running start_max.bat from desktop shortcut. Because it's local I didn't change IPs, so they're all default localhost/127.0.0.1. Connecting via client shortcut using 'E:\Media\Games\C9\C9\C9.exe 127.0.0.1,10721' as the Target path, but still the error. Only thing I can think of is I used the ODBC .bat files which were 32bit so I had to manually add my own, but the server runs and the connection tests worked, so they're fine... right? They were added using .\SQLEXPRESS for the server name as I use 2008R2, and I used the SQL Server Native Client 10.0. I also changed all username and passwords to my 'sa' details to help avoid errors... still no client connection.

are you using the lastfun c9.exe?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

is that client shortcut right? i think I did that the first time but there should be another comma after 10721
If you already have one after it then I don't know I'm afraid.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So there IS a second comma after 10721? Why do we require a comma after 10721 when there's no further data? Just curious as it seems strange.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just created a shortcut to the c9.exe client then after the speech marks added in ip or in your case probably 127.0.0.1,10721,
but I didn't get that error you received. I think mine just sort of tried to connect to official servers and crashed out

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try create .bat for running client in game folder and test it. Like "c9.exe 127.0.0.1,10721,"

Can you please provide your .bat code? I'd Google how to run .exes in a batch file but I don't know what else you might have in there, :).

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh no I mean like:
Echo off
run c9.exe 127.0.0.1, 10721,

So I can put it into a .bat file. Or if there's no other .bat settings required I can just Google how to run a .exe through a batch file. Is it literally just calling the .exe like that or are there other configs in the .bat that need to be placed?

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cool, just had to check, you know how most answers are in RZ that people give lol, they tend to leave out a lot of extra things...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please provide your .bat code? I'd Google how to run .exes in a batch file but I don't know what else you might have in there, :).

the bat file would do the same as I described but if you stick it in your client folder it should do it fine

stick the command NaiWan put into text file without speech marks and save as c9.bat or whatever you want .bat

put bat file into client folder and double click

ooops sorry saw replies after I posted

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha no worries fantasy2000, yeah I know a bit about I.T, I was just checking what was needed here, :p.

Anyway I'm at work at the moment, will check when I get home. Thanks to you and NaiWan for the assistance! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why i cant go to dungeon and pvp with my friend ? we've disconnected when we go to dungeon and pvp

how to fix this problem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im haveing issews getting C9 to run on my public ip i have opend i think all the nessasery ports but when i use my piclic ip the server wont start up but if i change to hamatchi ip it all works is there sumthing im missing i really dont wanna use hamatchi for my and my frends as i have a static ip

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Still no luck connecting via client using "target" 127.0.0.1,10721 I still get the 'login failed initialize' error message, even with the second comma suggested earlier. Will make a video showing all my configured files, I can't see anything different to what is in the tutorial video and the server IS running :/.
@lastfun Willing to Skype to see my configs?

Video with my issues @lastfun @c9lover, any ideas? Also I am slightly drunk so I talk a fair bit :p.

Last edited:
Back