Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Digimon Master Online]Help Reviving the Project

Reaction score
Hello People, let me introduce myself, I am Antuy, casual gamer and kind curious about gaming itself, but somehow not experienced in any coding or programming software of any kind, but wiling to learn. I have created privated servers before of MU online and Maple story with existing servers files and following steps, so I don't have much of knowledge about database or anything, just the basics, editing existing files of either mobs, items, mob spawns etc etc.

I am creating this post with the purpose of reviving an old project of creating a server files for a private server of Digimon masters online. I believe that the game have so much material for private servers, and can be added some features that the original game don't have and that sounds quite exciting.

if you surf the MMORPG extra section you may find a couple threads about the same subject, such thread are forgotten, may say, deads. thats why i am creating this post, to catch some people attention if they are interesting on working on it.

in the following I will attach a link of a thread from this forum, that have a lot of files of an old project. I do not own any of the files and all the credit goes to Bradley and all the people of the following post that help developing those files:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f858/tutorial-digimon-server-setup-guide-1055473/

if you are interesting on joining on this project you can take a look to that thread and play with the files. such files worked for me, lot of bugs and no mob spawn though, but the emulation is there which is very important.

you may be wondering, why i am creating this thread. the answer for that is actually a lot of questions and concerns about how to work on those files haha. thats why I am going to list some questions that I have and that probably someone is willing to guide me? as I said, I don't know anything about server development but I want to learn, It can become a really interesting hobby.

1.- how do I set up mobs spawns?
well, if you take a quick look to the files, you can see that is a bunch of plugins and some engines that make the emulation work, but there is a data folder which contains .BIN files I am pretty sure the server work in base of those files, since all the digimons and items infos are in those files. now, there is no a Monster spawn file, but in the Bin files that are added in the link that I attached is actually a Mapmonsterlist.bin(along with all the .Bin files extracted from the original server client I believe), and thats the first question I have, since that .BIN doesn't exist in the present server files, how do I include it in them? how do I make the server files comunicate with those .BIN files that are still not added in the server

2.- How do I read such files?
I tried to open them with IDA or others hex editor and others software but its seems that the files are in a language that we can't read? but my concern is, if the server files are already capable of reading the digimonlist.BIN and so, that mean we should be able to somehow modify them? and with modifying I mean to for example, change Digimon stats, or in the case of mobs spawns, change the spawns of Digimon, create different spawn point and drops and so? which software I could use to read such coding?

3.- Can I create a from scratch data files?
well, if .BIN files can not be modified, is it possible to create XML or IMG files for every Digimon, Mobs, items, etc? if you take a look to server files like Mu online or Maplestory they work with those files, such files gives mobs info and other and can be modified as you like.
and in that case, how can I learn to code and make the server files read it? thats something that I would like to learn, if there is any guide or so that someone can share?

4.- how can update the server files to the current Global Digimon Master Online Version?
the server files I have are probably early game server files, maybe version 7 or so, currently the original game is on the version 4xx, for the server files it doesn't seen to be connected with the game version so those files can still work with the most resent game client, just matter of updating such .Bin files? do I only have to bypass the current game client or something? and how I do it?

I may have some other questions, but for now this are the one that come to my mind and that doesn't let me keep on the project. also if someone is interested on the project or someone that is willing to help on it, I will link a discord group for those who want to join, If you want to be In a project to create an open source or so of this game you are very welcome to join and i am eager to earn a lot of programming.

DMO Reboot discord group:

here is a quick screenshot of a server example that I created to show that such files can emulate the game.

YvM1b4v - [Digimon Master Online]Help Reviving the Project - RaGEZONE Forums

I really appreciated your time for reading this thread, and I am hoping for responses and people willing to revive this old project.

Cheers,
Antuy.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who knows c++, c# to develop a project, my discord address to contact
rearise#7748

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just wanted to check on the project? Is it still alive lol, I am learning C# so i can start a dmo private server and was checking to see if any updated files was about

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just wanted to check on the project? Is it still alive lol, I am learning C# so i can start a dmo private server and was checking to see if any updated files was about
perhaps we can track the development of new server files in a separate thread, since many are interested in the idea, what do you think?

Upvote 0
Back