Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Genshin Impact 3.2 VM Setting up Battle pass

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wanted to peel away from the releases section to create this here, as what I am asking here is going to be in-depth and not something I want to bury in the release post for the VM. So below are my questions/thoughts.

Battlepass is supposed to be relatively easy to enable. Just navigate to /genshin/srv/data/txt on the server-side and open BAttlePassSchedule.txt. Next you're supposed to edit the start and stop date for the event you want (I think the ID numbers correlate to what battle pass they enable, so, ID 1500 is patch 1.5 "Realm of Diversion". Names and versions found here ) Once you make this edit, you navigate to the the db_hk4e_config_gio db in your SQL navigator of choice and edit the t_battle_pass_schedule_config table. Mirror what you add to the table what changes you made in your BattlePassSchedule.txt file, then restart the server, and it's supposed to work.

I know the date's aren't supposed to overlap, and trust me, don't try to start all of them at once, you'll break the server. However, I have not seen a txt file or screenshot of DB entries from someone who got this to work, so that's why I am posting here.

If anyone has some advice or guidance on how to get these things to work, I would greatly appreciate it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i need help with this i try to setup the battle pass but it did not work, so i try to restore a backup of the db table and the BattlePassSchedule.txt, but the server still not work

i get system failure wen trying to connect in the client

and in the server this

Exception in thread "main" com.mongodb.MongoTimeoutException: Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting to connect. Client view of cluster state is {type=UNKNOWN, servers=[{address=localhost:27017, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused}}]
at com.mongodb.internal.connection.BaseCluster.getDescription(BaseCluster.java:177)
at com.mongodb.internal.connection.SingleServerCluster.getDescription(SingleServerCluster.java:41)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoClientDelegate.getConnectedClusterDescription(MongoClientDelegate.java:127)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoClientDelegate.createClientSession(MongoClientDelegate.java:87)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoClientDelegate$DelegateOperationExecutor.getClientSession(MongoClientDelegate.java:258)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoClientDelegate$DelegateOperationExecutor.execute(MongoClientDelegate.java:182)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoCollectionImpl.executeCreateIndexes(MongoCollectionImpl.java:847)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoCollectionImpl.createIndexes(MongoCollectionImpl.java:830)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoCollectionImpl.createIndexes(MongoCollectionImpl.java:825)
at com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoCollectionImpl.createIndex(MongoCollectionImpl.java:810)
at dev.morphia.annotations.builders.IndexHelper.createIndex(IndexHelper.java:220)
at dev.morphia.annotations.builders.IndexHelper.createIndex(IndexHelper.java:210)
at dev.morphia.DatastoreImpl.ensureIndexes(DatastoreImpl.java:186)
at emu.grasscutter.database.DatabaseManager.ensureIndexes(DatabaseManager.java:54)
at emu.grasscutter.database.DatabaseManager.initialize(DatabaseManager.java:45)
at emu.grasscutter.Grasscutter.main(Grasscutter.java:94)

root@debian:~# service mongod status
● mongod.service - MongoDB Database Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mongod.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: signal) since Tue 2023-06-20 08:52:08 CST; 13s ago
Docs:
Process: 934 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mongod --config /etc/mongod.conf (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
Main PID: 934 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Jun 20 08:52:07 debian systemd[1]: Started MongoDB Database Server.
Jun 20 08:52:08 debian systemd[1]: mongod.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
Jun 20 08:52:08 debian systemd[1]: mongod.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
root@debian:~#

edit: i manage to fix this by running these commands
  • sudo systemctl stop mongod
  • sudo mongod --repair --dbpath /var/lib/mongodb
  • chown -R mongodb:mongodb /var/lib/mongodb
    chown mongodb:mongodb /tmp/mongodb-27017.sock
  • sudo systemctl start mongod

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back