Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Let's hear your experience about protecting the game from cheaters

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys
What is the best protection company that does not need game source files
I've been with ps but it wasn't the best and was already hacked
If you have an idea for an affordable protection license

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't trust any of them, so I just make my own usermode anticheat.

For the most part, it works. The intention is mainly to get rid of script kiddies and other low effort malicious people.

I'm sure developers with actual knowledge and experience would bypass my own AC. However when that happens, I usually like to confront with the person with a courteous and professional manner, acknowledge his or her programming aptitude and engage in a conversation where I can provide opportunities and potential collaborative efforts whenever possible.

The only problem is, I work with very unique games, so I don't get much hackers. I've only had 1 person defeat my AC, he is now a staff member on one of my servers as a Reverse Engineer.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Use 3rd anticheat will burn your wallet. But pro player will still bypass your AC easily.
For me:
- write custom dll and hook to your game client. Write small script on server it will check client. If it is not "your game.exe" then refuse connect.
- next, pack your game.exe to protect it over debugger, or reversing tool. It would be better if you have the source code of both client / server.
Note: It can only prevent the kids from ruining your game. But more advanced users should be able to outdo it easily. If your game has a lot of players then anything can happen.

Upvote 0
Back