Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

need help to remake spineworld 2009 version

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello.

I have been trying and looking into files to remake spineworld 2009 version. Spineworld was a massive online multiplayer game that run from 2008-2010. It suddenly closed, and another game was launched by the same company called migoland (some assets were the same, as the avatars and furniture). At the first version the features on it were very limited (2008 version) but they updated and improved it in 2009. There is already a remake for the 2008 version at spineworld.nl.
spineworld used dir, cct, and dcr files all protected. It also used xmls (that contained info about the logged in account and some settings), and swf (for the website). It was a shockwave game.

Here you can see some rooms

Unfortunately until today, no one has all the assets for the newer version of spineworld i do have some files but i don't know how to use (probably all the needed to run, except from most of the rooms I have come across to this site

, and I am impressed by the work that has been done.

I've tried the recover cct to unlock cct files, it seems to unlock the files, but some cct seems to contain nothing for some reason.

I've tried diropener to unlock dir files but for some reason the file doesn't show up in the directory,

I couldn't find a way to unlock dcr files. I tried offzip, but I don't know what those dat files are

Also I used macromedia director mx 2004 for the unprotected cct, but it doesn't open them, and it says "file too new". So I downloaded adobe director 12 trial which opens them but some of them show a compatible upgrade message and then blank.
I was thinking if it is possible to get the rooms from the older version and some features like house decoration from migoland and combine them.
I will also look on an old computer for more files of the spineworld 2009 version

How I can set up the game, the database structure? At least, from what I've got until now. I don't want to edit the files, just as they are, just want to edit so it can work on a server

Thank you in advanced!

Back