Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Horse Isle 1] How to get the server side source code?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this may be a bit of a silly request but I figure I'd ask anyway. Long story short there's a very niche flash based MMO I played as a kid that has huge sentimental value for me 'Horse Isle 1. With flash going down soon, its very likely the game will go down as well.

I would really love to save the game and eventually attach it to a private server for my own personal use.

There is one random YouTube channel where they were able to do this, so I know its possible I just have no idea how to do it.

have very little experience with any of this, I'm very willing to learn on my own, but with flash dying so soon I really need help preserving the game asap. I'll worry about the private server stuff later I just want to make sure I have all of the game saved.

I've been able to download the client swf file, I don't know what to do from here. I believe as you load different aspects of the game new swf files are pulled from the server (when you enter new buildings, when you view different horse breeds ect).

I would be forever grateful for anyone's help with this or at least guide me in the right direction. Thank you everyone <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is a private server made public here:

Thank you so much! It makes me happy that someone who knows how to do this stuff is working on it. Is it yours? And is there any way I can help with this? (I'm not sure how much help I can actually be but if there is anything)

what is horse island?

It's a horse centered MMO created in 2007 it was like the ultimate horse girl game back in the day lol. Because of the art style I think it's aged pretty well. I would be very sad to see the game fade into nothing.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you so much! It makes me happy that someone who knows how to do this stuff is working on it. Is it yours? And is there any way I can help with this? (I'm not sure how much help I can actually be but if there is anything)

Actually this server is mine- and alot of features don't work in it yet >_>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back