Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[soulworker]how to change files , does it have some tool to open?

Reaction score
in the server Res folder,there are many files .res, how can i open those.does it have tool?
i want to change something for this game,like:
1.change item name and proto
2.change shop goods list.

here are all files in res foder of the server sider and the 1 + 2 file in datas folder of client sider .
does anyone can help me to open it?
res:
datas1+2:
or can tell me How to analyze file structure??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Currently there's no tools to open up the res files.
That's the current main issue on the SoulWorker PS Scene at the moment.
We do have all the structures for the server sided defined, and we do have most of the important client side structures
but without a developer that can make a tool for us, we're sorta stuck.

In the development discord, there's a group of people that are defining the important structs, We plan to release them as a "cry for help" for anyone who's savvy enough to make a tool editor for each res file, Hopefully someone will be kind enough to make one for us.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still on manualy using HxD Or Some Editor.

Don't expect to much cause the res file don't have header data on the files btw :)

so hard for make this game running with your own.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still on manualy using HxD Or Some Editor.

Don't expect to much cause the res file don't have header data on the files btw :)

so hard for make this game running with your own.

It doesn't need header data. The res file literately just structs. It would actually be easy for a developer to make a tool, however tedious since each res file has a different struct. We have the server structs defined thanks to the Server PDBs, we just need the client structs, most importantly, we need an efficient developer.

Perhaps this is something I can ask @jivori

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I believe if you attach a debugger to the server you can find each struct to the res files. Each must have there own headers that identify what each does. Hopefully it has no checksum. Idk what data is inside the res files. Tools to make are pretty simple.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesn't need header data. The res file literately just structs. It would actually be easy for a developer to make a tool, however tedious since each res file has a different struct. We have the server structs defined thanks to the Server PDBs, we just need the client structs, most importantly, we need an efficient developer.

Perhaps this is something I can ask @jivori

btw i have all struct client and server :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
btw i have all struct client and server :)

That's good to hear, like we discussed about on the discord dev server we'll be planning to do something about your structs.
One of my developers from the past is now back which is very good timing, he's a C# coder and he creates GUI tools for a living.
I made a offer request for one of my project to be done, when that's done (should be no more than 2 weeks) I'll talk to him about having an actual res editor tool being made with those structs.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the tool can be used, but when I repackaged the file into ".v", and then put it back on the client, opening the game prompted an error. Do you know any tools that can pack files?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the tool can be used, but when I repackaged the file into ".v", and then put it back on the client, opening the game prompted an error. Do you know any tools that can pack files?

try follow this video, idk if it still working

Upvote 0
Back