Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What to do with a source code? How to create the databases?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I got some files (source code) for a MMORPG but have not idea what to do with them. In Files (client and server) that can be found here it's easier because everything is there.

Here I have only *.h, *.cpp, *.dsp, *.dsw files, some folders and no database files I think.

How to start?
How to create the database files: gamedb.sql, logdb.sql, memberdb.sql

Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
srsly , give them to developers if you don't know what to do , or go to learn c++ best option i can give you about your question.
i don't know how to explain to someone who don't know the mean of it its too complex to explain something that you don't even have base knowledge as its sound right now and i dubet if someone will break their head on explain the meaning of source code

by the way the databases names look familiar what game is it

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I promised that I won’t share the content. If I have an instruction I can do everything. First I would like to make the databases for the game from the source code. Then I will know what I need to do next. In the source code I found a file named db.h It looks like it contains the information to create the databases.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The source code is litterarly the answers to your questions. Either learn the code, share it to actual developers so that it can be useful, or give up.

And don't even think about selling them. No one's going to buy them unless it's some A++ title.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am noob and I hold source code yet I can compile whenever I get good guide or from regular practices so what is your point? @Neliel Tu

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
*.h, *.cpp, *.dsp, *.dsw are C++ files you will need visual studio to compile C++, You will have to create new project with the majority of files you have and then construct database from the schema within C++ files. Databases are always variant for each MMO. Most are in MYSQL and the rest can be SQL. Reliant on what connection driver your source code is using, you will have to compile it accordingly and construct tables all from schema which is used to interact with data via database service. The driver can be under extension called .dll if compiled and if not you may need to find a compiled version which can assist when you add it as reference to your project libraries. Ensure as you are doing that you have web server, database service and finally compiling tools. Like they said it is difficult to read the language without knowing the codes. If you don't intend to share the source code with any developer then use inbox message and ask away all good people that are willing to answer you. Ignore the thread wasters and focus on learning from those who have the caliber to teach you how to do the job right! I have been doing so myself and I have been successful in compiling multiple games. Some in unity and some others in C++ via visual studio. I am not the cut out for it in programming language but I have made it through with good people teaching me and through a proper guidelines. Do what will major the best of your interest. Who am I? Just a lord as my nick indicates. Jokes aside.

Upvote 0
Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
i don't really care who are you from where are you in what year you born its not even my duty to read your history because its not interested me .
i don't even read all the scroll you type because its too much boring and waste of time you doing statement like someone in this forum is actually care from you. i don't know what your relationship with that guy that your over protective and its sound too much suspicious and its start to bring me few stuff in my mind and you don't want to know that.
so be a cute puppy and go to sleep and don't mention my name

if you want to see proof of the unity source code in my computer why wont you just ask
and act like bad puppy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
C++ source code is responsible for reading data from the database. There are many things it needs to get from the database. For example: SELECT * FROM ..... statement.

If anything is available in the C++ code, you can easily rewrite the database tables. However, there are many things that are not written in C++ source code, for example: store procedure.

Therefore, we need to know what that C++ source code entails from that CALL XXX().

It takes a lot of time and requires you to understand each line of code and how it works.
It wouldn't be possible if it were newbies.
It is best to find a complete source code that includes the complete database.

Upvote 0
Back