Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#][.NETCORE2.2] Astron : easily configurable, extandable and scalable game back-end

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[C#][.NETCORE2.2] Astron: latest featured extandable libraries for general purpose

q0dDvOz - [C#][.NETCORE2.2] Astron : easily configurable, extandable and scalable game back-end - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi, i've been working for a while on an 100% from scratch generic game back-end architecture and I made sure to make it easily configurable and extandable to simplify the implementation logic of the networking protocol. If your game doesn't require any advanced serialization logic (such as custom var) it'll be really simple to setup, just have to create a few poco, configure the IOC container and the other dependencies (all made from scratch), but that's simple either way.

The project is fully documented, also , and a (using the TPL and the last pipeline API) are provided on my !

Here is the link of the repo :

Make sure to star the repo to be notified of each update ! Also, if you notice any problem with my project you can open an issue on the github. Or contact me via the informations on the repo

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
fLAyquq - [C#][.NETCORE2.2] Astron : easily configurable, extandable and scalable game back-end - RaGEZONE Forums

The project is now available on nuget :thumbup: I just have to finalize the doc and also release some sample projects that implements this library. I'm working on the famous tactical french MMORPG , therefore I'll release some projects related to this game.

If you need any help to implement my library to fit your game protocol logic i'll be glad to help you so please contact me on my discord @NamelessK1NG#3577 !
Also, if you have any feedback it'll be a real pleasure for me to get reviewed.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This library isn't made for back-end purpose only, as you can see with this sample :
You'll also notice that there is no network logic provided within astron, but i fixed that with that new library here : (which does contains a sample btw)
I won't provide a sample server, I mean, in order to have a good one here is a non-exhaustive list of what you should at least understand well :

- Network architecture (client/server)
- Network protocols (for example tcp with the nagle algorithm)
- Basic base 2 binary operations, endianness
- Programming paradigms (functional or object-oriented or a mix of both like C#)
- Unit-testing, integration tests, end-to-end tests
- Concurrent programming (thread, async, actor model)
- Many design patterns such as the ECS
- Probably an ORM with knowledge on your favorite db provider (not mysql bc it is the less scalable one)
- etc...

And this is still not enough to have a scalable server. Therefore I assume my libraries will spend you an enormous amount of time if you choose to use it to implement your back-end server logic from scratch.
Also there is my contact informations in the repo if anyone would like to get more informations.

And here is another thing i've implemented with my library :

gBFXJzw - [C#][.NETCORE2.2] Astron : easily configurable, extandable and scalable game back-end - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this project still developed? I can see there must of been a lot of work and experienced gained with this :) The github etc has been removed or changed?

Back