Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Beginner help] Unreal Engine 4 server emulation

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I have computer science and networking/socket knowledge but zero knowledge in server emulation.

There is a game (KurtzPel) in closed Alpha test on 14 Dec to 16 Dec, and I would like to sniff the packets and emulate the server (for at least getting past login screen and to character creation screen).

Is there any beginner guide to do this? The game client uses Unreal Engine 4.
I looked around and see people getting the structs of the packets, which I do not understand how.

Do I just hardcode the responses for the requests sent by the client?
Or is there some way to know the messages in some datatype like String/int rather than in bytes?

Reaction score
Hi, I have computer science and networking/socket knowledge but zero knowledge in server emulation.

There is a game (KurtzPel) in closed Alpha test on 14 Dec to 16 Dec, and I would like to sniff the packets and emulate the server (for at least getting past login screen and to character creation screen).

Is there any beginner guide to do this? The game client uses Unreal Engine 4.
I looked around and see people getting the structs of the packets, which I do not understand how.

Do I just hardcode the responses for the requests sent by the client?
Or is there some way to know the messages in some datatype like String/int rather than in bytes?

I think at first you should make a server which sends hardcoded response and see whether client reacts as it should.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Check the logs and see first before you send the coded response to your clients. It also depends like emulators used on or may be considered as the code may help give you some ideas.

Back