Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need some guide related to port change in client or any other exe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi i need help to change port in an exe via olly dbg can any one help me ?

Reaction score
I guess we need more info about that xD

What's the game called, because there's a big chance that someone already done that to that game, so it's good to post the game's name too.

Anyway, I can give you a tip. Try to see where the game is trying to connect. TCPView can do the trick.

Searching referenced strings in the debugger can help also, but it can be stored as a string or segmented into decimals or hex somewhere hardcoded.
IP and port doesn't necessarily mean to be stored into the game's executable. These could be stored into some DLL loaded at the runtime and the executable is reading them from that DLL.

Another tip is, traceback the connection handler(WSASend, WSARecv, WSAStartup, bind, etc) --> Winsock.h library

You need to pay a lot of attention and also, you may not find it from beginning, but you need to redo the process. (Breakpointing will help to restart from a certain point of the debugger run). Also, take a pen and write down memory addresses you may find along. This will help you identify easily that function memory address.

Back