Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reversing number

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We already know about this "Hash Method", we need to decode it from a number to a string.

Well, i guess we dont need new hash's anymore, but we need help with .nif files. (PathFinding)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We already know about this "Hash Method", we need to decode it from a number to a string.

Well, i guess we dont need new hash's anymore, but we need help with .nif files. (PathFinding)

The point is you cannot decode it, think of it as MD5 or CRC32. Hence if you want all the file names to match up etc. you need to dump them.

What are you trying to do with the .nif files?

Here is the last list I will be providing, it has 25,000 some hashes in it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
At first, we are tyring to open any map in the NifSkope Editor. Cainan managed to open one map in particular, but it only shows a plane as the map, it does not contain any objects of the map.. The plane is flat, there is no walls, or anything, just a flat ground.

We need to create somekind of system that when we provide, for example, X and Z coordinates, it would provide the correct Y coord, so the monsters walks along the ground, and do not fly or go inside the ground. This would also apply to places the monster can't go, like, walls, rivers, etc etc.

Then we can lead the monster when following determined player, when the monster is in battle state (following the player until a certain distance to attack him).
drz Did this system using a Octree system, but for a different game Priston Tale. I think I can use the same method, but to work with drz code, I would need to get all the vertices of the map, and it's material (like, is it a wall? is it water?) But as I said, we are having problems to open the nif correctly and get those vertices...

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes but they changed something into the NIF structures and made it so only their game can run the *.nif file I suppose.

For example, in some files, there is no "NiNode", but a "CsNiNode"

I will try to dump an entire map folder and Ill upload here, maybe you can open it. =)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes but they changed something into the NIF structures and made it so only their game can run the *.nif file I suppose.

For example, in some files, there is no "NiNode", but a "CsNiNode"

I will try to dump an entire map folder and Ill upload here, maybe you can open it. =)

I should have the files for him, one moment. Below is a copy of Desert_1 map files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you give me ur Skype?

Well, i know the Object but i can't render it if i dont know the Vértices.

Back