Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tell client to read from folder not file

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, the game GranadoEspada loads its content from .ipf files.
These can be extracted and packed using various tools.
This works for modding the game files however it takes a long time to extract and repack the .ipf files.

Is it possible to make the client read from folders rather than .ipf files?

The existing directory structure is

/GranadoEspada/release/ge.exe
/GranadoEspada/ge/*.ipf

The client can be told to use a custom skin that exists in the following directory /GranadoEspada/release/user/skin/*.*

so I believe it might be possible to copy this function and expand it out to also include extracted ipf folders?

Reaction score
Hi, the game GranadoEspada loads its content from .ipf files.
These can be extracted and packed using various tools.
This works for modding the game files however it takes a long time to extract and repack the .ipf files.

Is it possible to make the client read from folders rather than .ipf files?

The existing directory structure is

/GranadoEspada/release/ge.exe
/GranadoEspada/ge/*.ipf

The client can be told to use a custom skin that exists in the following directory /GranadoEspada/release/user/skin/*.*

so I believe it might be possible to copy this function and expand it out to also include extracted ipf folders?

Yes, it's possible. You would need to identify the function which read the .ipf files.

After that, you would need to change the ASM code with (I guess) a code similar to the one used for loading custom skins from a folder and apply the reading of ipf for each file in the folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. You would need to identify the function which read the .ipf files.

After that, you would need to change the ASM code with (I guess) a code similar to the one used for loading custom skins from a folder and apply the reading of ipf for each file in the folder.

I thought so! I am happy to pay for this if any reverse engineers want to give me a quote to do the work :)

Back