Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Unpack sprites from Zenonia 3's .pzx/.mpl files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looking for someone who might know something about pzx files from the Zenonia games.

Sprites/Tilesets are stored in "%03.pxz" format that needs to be extracted.

They have their own game engine since zenonia 1 (libgameDSO.so - formerly libmerkana.so, libzenonia2.so in zenonia 1 and 2 respectively) which handles the files.

Sadly i cant seem to find the potion where they actually read and parse the files.

Could someone help me finding the section/function where they parse the stuff so i can split out the individual files?

Attached a link to the extracted apk which holds the library (under lib) and the pzx files (under assets)

Best regards!

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
should help you write a program to extract the graphics.
Keep in mind that these files won't compile and are just a guideline.
Also having a couple pzx files open in hex view should help.
I believe the function you are looking for is "_Z9GsLoadPzxPKcbbiii" and its associates.

I would classify this a medium-level graphics format (lots of data and types, but low obfuscation).
So it will take some work to analyze and undo, so don't expect to just copy and paste the functions.

I'm a busy guy so I can't help you further than this, but it should send you in the right direction.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
should help you write a program to extract the graphics.
Keep in mind that these files won't compile and are just a guideline.
Also having a couple pzx files open in hex view should help.
I believe the function you are looking for is "_Z9GsLoadPzxPKcbbiii" and its associates.

I would classify this a medium-level graphics format (lots of data and types, but low obfuscation).
So it will take some work to analyze and undo, so don't expect to just copy and paste the functions.

I'm a busy guy so I can't help you further than this, but it should send you in the right direction.

Hi thank you for your answer, I however already wrote my own unpacker for the whole thing, I am able to extract .pzx and .pzd files from Zenonia 2-4 (haven't tested it with 1 yet...). the other two file formats don't include any sprites, just information about where (pzf) sprites they are placed, which rotation etc... and in which succession (pza) like animation data. if you want more details on that I'd be happy to share them with you in pm :)

Regards!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes I do, I also actually did that already
Are you still up now?, bro I need you. I already decompiled the apk file of Zenonia4, my only problem is I can't find anything in the inventory section where the item weapon is already in my bag. I want to modify some damage on the weapon there. Please help T_T

Back