Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dragon's Prophet WDB or ObjectData DB

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, both topics on this seem to have died out, with all links pretty much being dead at this point.
But that doesn't really help my case cause I've run into a brick wall.

With the release of Embergarde files
( http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/embergarde-server-files-source-code-1140217/ )

There were 2 tools,
RENA Avalanche and ObjectEdit.

Avalanche is pretty much a more up-to-date version of the world editor that was used for R.O.M.
and ObjectEdit being nearly the same tool as the one from ROM.

However, there's two issues with both of these tools, which makes them unusable at this point in time.
[strike]Missing WDB files for Avalanche[/strike] and missing database files for ObjectEdit.

I'm not certain if these ever got shared, but I feel like some one might have them.

Hence this topic.[strike] If you have the WDB files for Dragon's Prophet[/strike], or a copy of the ObjectData database. Please share it.
Dragon's Prophet is a dead game, and Embergarde is even more dead at this point.
But I simply cannot let this get lost to time. And no, using the ROM database won't work, since the structure and tables are vastly different.

Oh and for those trying to setup a server of their own.
As mentioned in the other topics, the server requires 128 ish gigs of ram.
But if you do feel like torturing yourself, this release is pretty much everything you'll need to setup the server: http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/dragonsprophet-server-1168551/

The only other thing you'll need is the files from the Embergarde release to setup DPLog, which is a webapp to manage the servers themselves. If you need help setting up a DP server though, feel free to hit me up.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updating my previous post,
I no longer require the .wdb files.
I only need the ObjectData database.

And after dm-ing people (without luck of obtaining it) I found out that the ObjectData database did indeed leak.
However, no one so far has been willing to share it so I'm still looking for it.

I also did some digging and found out that the .wdb files aren't needed for Dragon's Prophet.
Dragon's Prophet's avalanche doesn't need them and instead uses a file called "tos.ros"
Also known as "table of contents.ros" which is used to load the worlds into the editor.

However, it's safe to say that these files are likely even more obscure and the chance of these being shared is close to nil.
So I'll instead be re-focusing my efforts into reverse engineering the format instead.

P.S. A huge thanks for those that still bothered to read my post (even if I'm still missing the ObjectData database)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand my answer is irrelevant to your request and I am not trying to prevent you of asking for files but I want to share an advice if not for you then for anyone else who shares the same mindset. Hence the files are shared, It will require 2 different factors. A beast mainframe machine like and Copyright immunity. There were attempts to re-release the files and reuse them on hosted server and all were beaten to bush by official server Inferium and Gamigo who had secret affiliation with the private servers which have partaken in hosting process and blog writers who are ready defame anyone to make of them as a life project. Once you host any of those files, you will become their target if you don't cooperate with their "spies". Like joining an alliance stronger than you in a strategy game since you own a minor alliance. It will be safer if you re-create the game of that franchise. A clone always has chance to win over the original due of source code and it is ownership.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I legitimately have no clue what you're even on about... Infernum/Gamigo never had a "secret alliance" with any private servers... unless you're talking about the "Dragonsprophets" incident, which was where Gamigo took action because the owner of that private server straight up copied their website, which is copyright infringement, and it didn't help they pretended to be the official publishers as well, which, they weren't...

I'm already hosting a private dp server, which is why I know what I'm missing and know how it all works....

And I can't say I share your experience in the slightest...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, It wasn't my experience. I did read it on blogs like you and I had connections with other people prattling hard for it. That included the "secret alliance" of blog writers, official server and certain private servers that you speak about so again if it isn't for you then it is for someone else to understand the constructive concept of my advice.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i was also looking for this but no lucky.
the most possible thing is to read and understand the ObjectClass and create a db extractor, extract the content in a readable format like csv or txt, then recreate the database used by objectEditor.

but when we are able to crreate a db extractor, and then we are also able to create a db converter, which convert the csv/txt into .db, then we are able to import the db file into the file system using packageconv. i think in a short term that is sufficient for server/client database edit.

the objedit is too complex, it would be great if there is full database for it. but it is still too complicate, a db editor would be enough.

by looking at RuneWaker's Rune of Magic and DP, all the client file/interface system looks very close to WoW in same time, while WOW uses dbc and DP/ROM uses db.

Im also playing wow emulater, the dbc editor is sufficient for the dbc file edit.

Back