Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Genshin Impact Private Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Kuro,We have a team working at decrypting the release client and the lots for just that, will PM the discord if you are interested in joining and pool skills / ideas.Cheers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been off and on looking into the game, current plan is to redirect login to a simply server I control in a more sensible way, modifying windows HOSTS file feels unreasonable. I have no plan to make a private server but am interested/planning on a local simulation to allow offline playing.
Do you think the local simulation would allow modifying resin, primogems, etc?

Dragonica Guy
Reaction score
Reason for saying XOR is based on the gameloop that takes place when spawning (you join the world).
RbsJTCJ - Genshin Impact Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

very detailed information, holy smokes o,o

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So after all the data transfer via HTTPS has taken place the last transfer contains a BASE64 encoded data chunk. Within this base64 encoded data blob is the IP and port for the UDP traffic and for the game to connect to. There are other aspects that take place here after this point. Spending time looking at traffic game has support for TLS over UDP but not seen proof it is enabled yet.

Here is example of data decoded from the BASE64 packet, you can see the IP and port (hex number, not ascii)
Faw7kEN - Genshin Impact Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

I have been off and on looking into the game, current plan is to redirect login to a simply server I control in a more sensible way, modifying windows HOSTS file feels unreasonable. I have no plan to make a private server but am interested/planning on a local simulation to allow offline playing.

If you really serious to reverse engineer this game , you should create a way so people could support you like a patreon or something more crypted like a bitcoin/monero address to avoid legal action in the future if it successful . Create a discord server so we could follow this stuff privately and get more people technical on board. Just an idea you know.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
During the days I had the idea why not build a proxy for Genshin, 1. easier to sniff the packets, 2. easier to redirect the connection to the localserver (soonTM), 3. maybe ppl will learn some things from it.

(there are already other projects out there about how proxy's for games. here is an example for a other game , i would do something with this but never did something before with UDP & idk how to decrypt the packets correctly currently.)

~

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just came here today to say I really hope we get an offline/private version where we can fiddle with it ourselves. Mihoyo's management of the game is atrocious and I'm looking for a nice alternative so I can enjoy the game to its fullest.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't make Mihoyo abandon the global server or Genshin Impact all-together, it would be neat if all the content, features events, etc. planned were implemented since it is a single player experience, after all that, people would have a lot of things to do in the game, plus the possibility to mod it far down the line.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think that the UDP traffic is encrypted at all.
They seem to use a variation of RakNet library for the UDP transmission.

The packet structure itself is not too complicated:

64bit Session-ID
64bit packet type and probably a checksum ... when it starts with 0x51 it is a data packet, when it starts with 0x52 then it is an ACK for a received 0x51 packet
32bit packet sequence count (sent)
32bit packet sequence count (received)
32bit data size in bytes
xxx bytes data

there can be multiple data packets in one UDP packet

I have not yet analysed the data bitstream format yet, but they probably did not change it from the public sources that can be found on

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You are close to being correct on the packet structure - but this is nothing more than another transport layer. The actual protocol is what is being carried in data sections - and it does not seem to be RakNet.

This forum is not a good place for fast-paced discussion. If you are in Discord, PM me your contact information.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh my god, if you can achieve that, you will be the hero for thousands people. Playing this wonderful game offline, without restriction is a dream.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
was interested in reverse engineering as well. could somebody pm me a link to the discord?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need that too
Odds are y'all aren't going to get invited since, if there is a discord, they'll only allow devs on. And while you can claim you're a dev, having 0 rep and only 1 post isn't enough. The rest of us are just going to have to be patient and wait while others work on it. They also can't risk letting in any miHoYo employees since that could jeopardize their project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Odds are y'all aren't going to get invited since, if there is a discord, they'll only allow devs on. And while you can claim you're a dev, having 0 rep and only 1 post isn't enough. The rest of us are just going to have to be patient and wait while others work on it. They also can't risk letting in any miHoYo employees since that could jeopardize their project.
miHoYo? Do you really think anyone really care? Well,its not true. As for game itself,not much will do this project,since as game this is just gatcha stuff,nothing more. Its have nothing to do with mmo actually. As for devs,most project work because there ppl who want to get expirience in some stages and only few of them,which is done because they like the game itself. For instance,chance of get ppl,who like odd gatcha stuff too low. At other part - this project can't provide any usefull expirience,since its have too many limitation as whole.Ask yourself - why ppl want to have local or private server at first part - this is because no one want waste money and time on low odds gatcha,nothing else. And this is reason,why most expirienced devs won't ever come to such projects. Its just a waste of time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there any way to follow up the project? And any idea of how much time would take to get it working?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there any way to follow up the project? And any idea of how much time would take to get it working?
I've heard rumors that people have been able to successfully launch the game offline on a private forum already. When we'll have word on a functioning version; Unfortunately that is unknown. But seeing how so many people have made progress on how the game's networking function works, I'm sure we'll get an offline/private version out fairly quickly. Considering how 1.1 is about the launch (and seeing how Mihoyo won't change their ways), everyone is trying to figure out a way to get one working. My estimate of a release date of one will probably be next year. But I do hope a functioning one does come this year. I'm sick of having to deal with Mihoyo's management.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that people have been able to successfully launch the game offline on a private forum already. When we'll have word on a functioning version; Unfortunately that is unknown. But seeing how so many people have made progress on how the game's networking function works, I'm sure we'll get an offline/private version out fairly quickly. Considering how 1.1 is about the launch (and seeing how Mihoyo won't change their ways), everyone is trying to figure out a way to get one working. My estimate of a release date of one will probably be next year. But I do hope a functioning one does come this year. I'm sick of having to deal with Mihoyo's management.
How are we gonna get the release ? p2p ? private tracker? mihoyo probably will use its money power to take down any public release. I dont think we gonna get it that quick , probably like mid next year . All i want is to cheat without getting ban. I dont really care about all the premium waifus n poop.
miHoYo? Do you really think anyone really care? .
They made 100 mil in the first week it launched , and this game budget is almost triple A , I mean just look at the orchestra to produce the soundtrack on youtube. The production is huge and I would bet my money that they not gonna just sit and watch but i do doubt a local server would cripple their economy much than their own lack of content or content gated mechanism .

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How are we gonna get the release ? p2p ? private tracker? mihoyo probably will use its money power to take down any public release. I dont think we gonna get it that quick , probably like mid next year . All i want is to cheat without getting ban. I dont really care about all the premium waifus n poop.

They made 100 mil in the first week it launched , and this game budget is almost triple A , I mean just look at the orchestra to produce the soundtrack on youtube. The production is huge and I would bet my money that they not gonna just sit and watch but i do doubt a local server would cripple their economy much .
So what? Who cares how much they gain or how much its cost? I'm don't care. And almost all devs don't care too. This game have nothing to do as mmo,since it mmo element - just piece of ****. Who cares about making a privite server for mmo,where mmo part useless? Most money they made just because there is alot of ppl,who want be somewhat good at competition side. And its pointless for privite or local host server,so its just useless. As for main reason - its just waste of time,this is useless expirience for almost every type of developer,so in most cases no one will make it. If only some ppl,who really care about this game will doing this,but i quite sure not much ppl really care.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So what? Who cares how much they gain or how much its cost? I'm don't care. And almost all devs don't care too. This game have nothing to do as mmo,since it mmo element - just piece of ****. Who cares about making a privite server for mmo,where mmo part useless? Most money they made just because there is alot of ppl,who want be somewhat good at competition side. And its pointless for privite or local host server,so its just useless. As for main reason - its just waste of time,this is useless expirience for almost every type of developer,so in most cases no one will make it. If only some ppl,who really care about this game will doing this,but i quite sure not much ppl really care.
Please don't speak for other people. It's pretty obvious from your comments that you feel that it would be pointless and a waste of time, so allow those who think the opposite of you to discuss the matter without your hostility.

Back