Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

request for :9Dragons Version 2

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have the source code of other games in this forum? It may be because someone has released this game before

Reaction score
This was already released on this forum. The game itself however is just a prototype.

thank you told me this,but in this forum,it only just the old version 1 ,not the new version 2.

Do you have the source code of other games in this forum? It may be because someone has released this game before

sorry ,because i am not good at building code,so i am not own some code.

because its an old and ugly game like silkroad online , i doubt someone still hold them

just for maybe.but it also not a necessary thing to get this game.
it's a good thing to get it,If not, it also doesn't matter.
sorry for bad english.

Reaction score
thank you told me this,but in this forum,it only just the old version 1 ,not the new version 2.

What are you talking about? It's right here, http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/9dragons-2-source-client-server-1164386/

To quote myself from that thread;

It's full for the point in development they were in when this project was abandoned. Once again, I will remind everyone. THIS IS A PROTOTYPE. There is NO game to be found here. There are literally 3 incomplete maps, and only a handful of NPC, Mob, and Player assets, that work to varying levels of success. There were I think 3 classes in total, with one of them just being outright broken. Some ingame systems worked slightly, like NPC Shops, however stuff like character information was broken iirc, as well as other UI elements were either broken or incomplete. Not trying to discourage anyone for taking on this project, cause it would with a sufficient team be useful as a base, since a lot of the core foundation systems are complete code wise (rendering, sound, input, etc...). I just want people to understand what this release exactly is, and so we don't get people coming here saying, "WAAHHH It's incomplete because there is no game here!" Well yeah of course, it's cause this is a prototype, and not a game. I know a good bit about these files, was already contemplating releasing them, so if people get somewhere with them, or get stuck, I'll lend a hand or two. Also, these files ARE BROKEN. They DO NOT work out of the box, which is why they never showed ingame screens of the game on src.cool, as they lacked the programming ability to fix them. The solution is actually pretty simple, but takes a bit to figure it out, so if people get stuck there for a little while, I will post it, along with some other fixes.

The files are a little counter intuitive to setup also, the way they do their DB interaction is a way I havn't really experienced before, also iirc some of the configs are wrong or malformed, so those would have to be repaired aswell. Good luck friends :) I'll be keeping an eye out on everybody's progress :)

Back