Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reverse engineering encrypted buffer of Growtopia

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried a lot but i couldn't reverse engineer second argument (buffer) of WSASendTo of this game, so then i can view unencrypted packet data and move on my way. Apparently it uses UDP.

Growtopia :

The links of the stuff i've tried :

http://forum.ragezone.com/f860/game-hacking-server-emulation-1184222/

http://forum.ragezone.com/f860/reversing-packets-emulator-server-scratch-1136480/

i will be really apprecited :))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still waitin' for an answer

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You'll want to look in the return stack to the main game in hopes of finding the algo for the encrypted buffer
It depends in most games really. It's usually like 2 or 3 proper returns to find the algo
From there, you can either try to reimplement the algo as a proxy, or completely skip it to send unencrpyted buffer instead (and if you do this, the server would need to read unencrpyted buffers)

Hopefully they didn't VM the function itself, that's usually a show stopper.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You'll want to look in the return stack to the main game in hopes of finding the algo for the encrypted buffer
It depends in most games really. It's usually like 2 or 3 proper returns to find the algo
From there, you can either try to reimplement the algo as a proxy, or completely skip it to send unencrpyted buffer instead (and if you do this, the server would need to read unencrpyted buffers)

Hopefully they didn't VM the function itself, that's usually a show stopper.

I found a lot of stuff (functions,opcodes etc.) it returns a lot to same functions, sometimes it loops through a function but i can't really see the encryption

i also tried hooking WSASendTo with Detours but the buffer is still encrypted

Could you check the client for encryption though

Last edited:
Back