Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ Standalone bots..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did everything as marked out in this thread as well as have gotten helped from you personally @SirBrando on discord couple months back but for some reason the ai bot is not spawning I dont see anything in the server logs and from since then its been installed and never show up in my server, I have since have gotten a lil time to revisit my dayz sa server and tried to ge this working and wen over the setup and configs again and followed the tuto in this thread as stated and i literally have everything in place but still nothing spawns. im using it on chernarus with same coords the files came with.

So you're using it all stock, no changes to the existing files? What's your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\BotMissions look like?

You have both @botserverside and @botclient side being activated in your server? It can be all drag and drop, you just then have to go to the correct locations.

Additionally, I believe by default, some of the bots will go out on a patrol. So you might be getting close enough to spawn them, then they leave on their patrol.

I have it working on my private server for a handful of my friends and I. The bots are cool, but pretty damn rough. They'll see you through walls and start shooting. If they're rocking an AKM or similar weapon, it's going to hit you and murder you. So I mean, it's neat to sort of make some areas harder to loot, but good god, they can be BS.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lmao, I could Imagine. yes im using it stock for now but its easy to change whether you want them using fists or weapon, I know how to edit those files. the thing is Ive drag and drop the files and edited certain files in dayzOffline.chernarusplus as stated in previous post by cholera but still no spawn whatsoever. I though it was my other mods clashing with it but ive disabled all except VPPadmintool and still not working. im using it on version 1.09 of dayz sa. this is the files that came in the downloads folder and as you can see theres another russian folder with the same files but little bit different. im using the files in the root and not in the "Боты" folder. Screenshot_117 - DayZ Standalone bots.. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But what about in the actual mission folder? You need to have the Botmissions folder, with all the botmissions in there. You need to make sure the init.c is calling the initBotMissions.c file:

You need this in your init.c right after the void main bit at the top:

Code:
// AI MOD ------------------------------

initBotMissions m_BotMissions = new initBotMissions();    

m_BotMissions.runBotMissions();

//-------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't have that, it won't every get called in the mission.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes i have all that down done to a T. check my scripts logs password is scVC69NtaW for

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't see it calling the mod up at all.

What's your init.c file looking like? Best bet to debug is to go in order. Init.c calls up the mod.

If I remember correctly, the bot mod has the expansion mod packaged up with it, but the authors neglected to include the init.c changes to actually call the initBotMissions.c file up in their inet.c

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
here it is

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I do actually see it launching the Bot piece in your RPT. Which ones are you testing? Like which bots are you trying to go see?I'd make sure that bot mission file isn't set to go on a patrol, like this:
Code:
protected bool isUseCheckPoints = false;
Otherwise, like I said earlier, they might be running off on patrol when you get within a KM of their spawn.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I do actually see it launching the Bot piece in your RPT. Which ones are you testing? Like which bots are you trying to go see?I'd make sure that bot mission file isn't set to go on a patrol, like this:
Code:
protected bool isUseCheckPoints = false;
Otherwise, like I said earlier, they might be running off on patrol when you get within a KM of their spawn.

Majority or dem is set to false. I just use them stock out the box. Eg. BotgroupMissionC1.c

EDIT: apparently it was working all along but just that some of the scripts were not using the checkpoints so minimal bots spawned and so couldnt find them on the map. enabled all bots config to use checkpoint and after that i teleported to Berezino near the coast and found 2 bots running and being attacked by zedz and wolf. now these bots that I managed to find dont attack unless being provoked or attacked by players. s you said before the bots are damn hard to kill but thats not my problem as I could easily tweak it but Im trying to figure out where the other bots spawn as it looks like not all the bot missions is being called or activated. I want to know there whereabouts so I could put markers on the map for us to see there location.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well if you use the check point system, they go out on patrol. If you want them to stay put, you can't have them go on patrol. Another thing, as you noted, they were getting attacked by wolves and zeds. They won't defend themselves against anything but players.

What I've been doing is spawning groups of 1-2 at specific places to act as guards over various high loot areas. So military bases, like VMC, I spawn three groups of 2, to stand guard at the entrances. I also disable the zed spawns by them, so that they don't get murdered immediately.

If you just let them spawn in, they cluster and get stuck on eachother. They're pretty crappy right now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well if you use the check point system, they go out on patrol. If you want them to stay put, you can't have them go on patrol. Another thing, as you noted, they were getting attacked by wolves and zeds. They won't defend themselves against anything but players. What I've been doing is spawning groups of 1-2 at specific places to act as guards over various high loot areas. So military bases, like VMC, I spawn three groups of 2, to stand guard at the entrances. I also disable the zed spawns by them, so that they don't get murdered immediately.If you just let them spawn in, they cluster and get stuck on eachother. They're pretty crappy right now.
Ive started from scratch building my new server on v1.11 and its pretty neat and coming along, now will try adding these bots again and see If I could get tit to work properly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's what I got, but today I managed to play on a server with a test version of 2.11, it's just incredible))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's what I got, but today I managed to play on a server with a test version of 2.11, it's just incredible))
hey thanks a million man appreciate it. will test this out, hopefully we can get our hands on that version your so excited about, even I am just the way you describe it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They became much smarter, tactics appeared. It was not easy to fight with them. And now they don't get stuck anywhere

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
А можешь в личку мне скинуть пожалуйста
Can you give me a PM please

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the link was blocked due to copyright infringement (((
тольятти, землячок, сможешь мне тоже скинуть? гляну, действительно ли они такие умные стали, спасибо!ps не будет использоваться на пабликах, это чисто для сингла

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
тольятти, землячок, сможешь мне тоже скинуть? гляну, действительно ли они такие умные стали, спасибо!ps не будет использоваться на пабликах, это чисто для сингла

I will not share this with anyone, since my Yandex disk was temporarily blocked because of this, those who managed to download let them upload it. And they became much smarter in version 2.11 and it seems like it's like a test one, I just managed to fight with them and I don't have this version

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will not share this with anyone, since my Yandex disk was temporarily blocked because of this, those who managed to download let them upload it. And they became much smarter in version 2.11 and it seems like it's like a test one, I just managed to fight with them and I don't have this version

The version you uploaded was 2.11 or 2.06?

Back