Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setup Your Repent Online Server

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This Guide Was Written By iNs@nE Based on the previous Guide by MentaL.
The ODBC Registration has been made small in this version of the guide and will be preferable to beginners.

Step 1
: Download the Files.

Download the files from the given link and extract the files to a specific directory.
Link to the files:

Step 2: fdx_sdk Directory

Go to the above mentioned directory and install the program present there. This programs installs all the required dll’s and system files required for the running of Repent Online Game Server. The server will not run without these files.

Step 3: Editing the IP’s

Go to the Ebenezer folder. This directory is nothing but the Main Server equivalent. Open the server.ini file and replace all the given IP’s with your Local (127.0.0.1) or your LAN (192.168.1.x) or you WAN IP depending on the service of play you want.

Go to the Login Server folder next. Open the file Edit Version.ini and replace all the given IP’s with your Local (127.0.0.1) or your LAN (192.168.1.x) or you WAN IP depending on the service of play you want.

Go to the RptAISrv folder (This is the NPC and the Monster Server). Open the file RptAISrv.ini and replace all the given IP’s with your Local (127.0.0.1) or your LAN (192.168.1.x) or you WAN IP depending on the service of play you want.

Go to the RptLogSvr folder. Open the file RPTLogSvr.ini and replace all the given IP’s with your Local (127.0.0.1) or your LAN (192.168.1.x) or you WAN IP depending on the service of play you want.

You also need to edit the IP in the SERVER_INFO table in the Repent_Account database in order for the server connect the client.

Step 4: Restoring Your Databases in SQL.

Go to SQL>Enterprise Manager>Databases

Create 3 New Databases by the names of Repent, Repent_Account, Repent_Log
Attatch database's in entreprise manager:

Now right click on the databases and click the restore database option.
There check from device and restore –
Repent.mdf to Repent
Repent_Account.mdf to Repent_Account
Repent_Log.mdf to Repent_Log

Congratulations! You have successfully restored your databases.

Now goto Enterprise Manager>Security
Here right click and create a new login.
Username : Repent
Password : flvpsxm
In the same tab, go to the rights tab and give this login access to Repent, Repent_Log and Repent_Account databases that you have just restored. Make sure that you also tick them to be the DB Owners.

Step 5: Registering Your OBDC’s

Download this Repent ODBC and edit the Registry file and replace (Local) with the name of the your server specified in the Service Manager of SQL.
Then Save it and double click it and register it.
Here is the Link:

Congratulations. Your ODBC’s have been registered.

Step 6: Running the Server
  • Go to the Login Server folder and run the LoginServer.
  • Go to the Ebenzer folder and run that. You will have to wait till you see the message “Shared Memory Initialized
  • Then run the Aujard (Character Server)
  • Then run the RptAISvr. Once the program starts up make sure you click start the AI Svr button.
  • Then run the RptLogSvr. This is not necessary for the running of the server. It logs the server issues.
  • Then finally click start on the Ebenezer.
Step 7: Editing on the Client Side

Go to the Repent Online Game Folder and open the server.dat file with notepad.

You will see something like the following –

[LOGIN_SERVER]

COUNT = 1

IP_0=192.168.1.100
PORT_0=15000

In the IP_0, replace it with the IP you set in your server files.

Then Run Launcher.exe. If you are able to connect to the server then you have setup everything correctly.

You can enter the following at the Login Screen to enter.
Username: test
Password: pass
Else you can always create new accounts in the Repent_Account database.
You can set your account to admin status by setting the value to 3 in the databases.

Congratulations on Setting Up Your Server!

Reaction score
Hey friend, do u have the correct client?
Your guide written upperside is useless thing
We need the working client
We can see the login screen even server list
but we could't connect to the server because
our client is korean.
I think we need the chinese one
If u have the working client please share it
Thank you

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not a different client that you need. Just edit the ports through which you connect. Your problem will be solved. Getting a whole new client is a stupid procedure to solve the problem.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm planning on setting up a server.

Oh nice,

The players of Legend Of Ares ( newer english version of Repent ) tried to set one up for all the players that played LoA because of the awfull customer service and money issues that LoA has.

They kinda failed tho and just moved on. This was way before insane came out with this tut.

This is a really fun game and the pvp rocks tho. So hope you can get it in order soon :D

Good Luck :jump1:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on setting up a server.

Just lemme know when you plan to start off. I guess I could be of some help. I am very busy wid A3 and etc. So I wont be keepin track over here.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well i'm not gonna lie i suck with sql unless it's something pretty obvious, but i did play legend of ares for a long time and the mobs,maps and items are the same in repent.

So if you need any help with info then i can try to help ya out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Meh! lol, Setup up your server on the korean Data bases and tell me if it all Works Its being a little be Crappy on me lol Get the Data base going Your server will Work, The China Data Base is Missing many many Files still, Know to Also Inform Yous the Korean Data Base is VERy very Real, Its Mgames Copy, i mean the same to, The accounts inside is enuff proof, So get the Server up then Download the repent Client off there FTP And its most likely 75% going to work ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you continue with this. im very curious about this and i know many people who would like to make there own. the entire american server went strait downhill.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Insane- After coming back to this project with more experience under my belt. I now have the server running w/o errors. I am currently trying to use version 85 of the English client. Could you please give me a heads up on where to edit the verison in the LoginServer because I can not seem to get it off of version 136.

Any assistance would be great....almost got this working.

Unless there will be more things tofix inorder to use this client........>.>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update; nvm Insane I have the LoginServer acknowledging Version 85 and I can see that Launcher.exe is pinging MY server not the actual game server, however, I still get the 'wrong version' error. I assume it is because I need to hex edit the launcher to ping my update server instead or I just am wrong at guessing the version is 85......

Any suggestions??

I am not giving up on this project I am soooooo close.

Please come to this section soon. T.T

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
proof of what I have so far......sorry didnt see an edit button....

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very interesting, just hope someone makes a server with this... I'll try my hands at it but it'll be latter in this year, or the next =S uni keeps me too busy =S

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i can help anyone that is creating a server... I know ALLOT of loa i was of the 1st players of loa (not so famous) XD

And also i know allot of creating servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as I know I am currently the only one attempting to work with the Repent files. PM me a little about what you know so I know I am not waisting my time with you. If you sound like you know a little about programming I will give you everything I have to date.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. I am a former addict of LoA. if u get this game running please give me a ring my msn is jdogg_9000@msn.com i played LoA for almost 3 years under various ID's . Although i do not know much about programming and what not i wish you the best of luck in making this server work. Please msg me if u get it working. Thank you

-TingTing-KIngOfPvp-Jazz-

Back