Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Rohan] Quest Editor + Patch Builder for Official updater

Reaction score
Sick of seeing people use .bat launchers anyone who needs more info on the updater pm me and I might give you a walk through

Quest editor we made and never used

Patch Builder

Quest Editor

Been gone or a bit over a year now I'm back, so, more releases soon to celebrate?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you fix the bugs?

As far as i can remember the flBuilder ( if that's the one you're sharing, didn't check ) had a bug that caused it to crash 90% of the time.
Can't remember exact details, but it was in the section that splits the file into blobs and compresses them.

Also, the quest editor you made doesn't work with the latest files.

Reaction score
Did you fix the bugs?

As far as i can remember the flBuilder ( if that's the one you're sharing, didn't check ) had a bug that caused it to crash 90% of the time.
Can't remember exact details, but it was in the section that splits the file into blobs and compresses them.

Also, the quest editor you made doesn't work with the latest files.

Yes the one I'm releasing is the bugged one the bug happens not 90% of the time it happens on files under 3KB I forget what did it exactly but the result was the final int in the .rp(compressed length) and the compressed size put in the fileinfo.lst were both off by 4 you can manually edit the files that crash it or later maybe I'll post the source and someone can use that to fix it... This version is... old... I lost the updated version.

The quest editor it seems like the structure changed for quest.bin a quick look it seems like theres just 1 new int added but i'll look into it more later and release an updated copy... wont release source for this but I will release the update when i get time...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i fixed it.
If you want i can post it here, but i'd rather not steal your thunder^^

I never got your quest editor to work, so i made one of my own ... with hookers and blackjack.
Turns out that YNK has a messed way of implementing simple things.

Reaction score
Well, i fixed it.
If you want i can post it here, but i'd rather not steal your thunder^^

I never got your quest editor to work, so i made one of my own ... with hookers and blackjack.
Turns out that YNK has a messed way of implementing simple things.
.net reflector to get the source then fixed it xD?

could you toss the edited source up? I'd rather have source up and i CBA to fix it in my copy

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, i had the source. Courtesy of strike, unwillingly.

There's a slight problem. I have everything on my PC, and it kinda stopped working 2 weeks ago.
Meh, i'll fix it again and post it here.

Reaction score
Actually, i had the source. Courtesy of strike, unwillingly.

There's a slight problem. I have everything on my PC, and it kinda stopped working 2 weeks ago.
Meh, i'll fix it again and post it here.
He wasn't really supposed to give that stuff out >_>

if you have the source for that you should have the source for the quest editor also

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He didn't give it for free or willingly. ^^
I had a RAT on his PC.

However, i didn't leech anything.
I was interested in those files because he kept bragging that he had the source code for he mapserver.

Reaction score
He didn't give it for free.
I had a RAT on his PC.

However, i didn't leech anything.
I was interested in those files because he kept bragging that he had the source code for he mapserver.
Only thing he has are my old developments no source for anything just alot of editors/converters and structs.

Also could you please not release anything you may have of mine without asking me first. Some of my tools I'd rather keep private like xlsbin and most of my source code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As i said, i didn't release anything and i won't ever release anything that's not mine.
As for the tools listed there, i have better ones ^^.

Hit me up on Skype : selfish669

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome back Hunin. The scene missed you (and no I'm not being sarcastic) but sadly the whole thing has gone to poop these days now. Since Jeremy and Charles shut down Underground there's been nothing decent out there.

But anyway, any chance that you'll fix Silent's xlsbin? The only problem with it is that it parses floats fine but it won't convert them back without crashing. Any float columns have to be parsed as ints which can make editing a bit tricky, especially when it comes to editing bins like limitdropoptionvalue.

And yes, I'm still just a bin monkey lol.

Reaction score
Welcome back Hunin. The scene missed you (and no I'm not being sarcastic) but sadly the whole thing has gone to poop these days now. Since Jeremy and Charles shut down Underground there's been nothing decent out there.

But anyway, any chance that you'll fix Silent's xlsbin? The only problem with it is that it parses floats fine but it won't convert them back without crashing. Any float columns have to be parsed as ints which can make editing a bit tricky, especially when it comes to editing bins like limitdropoptionvalue.

And yes, I'm still just a bin monkey lol.
I have a much upgraded version of xls bin from zRohan s2... Silent... Needed to stop doing drugs when he coded poop... I had to rewrite it all pretty much from scratch. But no I'm not releasing xlsbin as it has features for other games now and compression/ciphertext support

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I was looking into overhauling the stat system to be completely + stat based and do away with % boosters (apart from existing buffs but scale those right back).

Reaction score
That's a bummer. I was looking into overhauling the stat system to be completely + stat based and do away with % boosters (apart from existing buffs but scale those right back).
Just use 010 editor with binary templates it's better for most edits anyways... Only time a file needs converted to xls is for mass editing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep but when you've got 30 columns of RNG rolls and 30 columns of floats for the stat value, excel is the perfect tool :) No worries though I respect your decision.

Going a bit off topic on this now so I'll post another question for you in the right section.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that the quest editor for s1 quest.bin or does it work with the updated s2 quest.bin? Crashes for me when loading. I remember DD's beta quest reader would do this on the s2 file. I think, was quite a while ago now :D

Reaction score
Is that the quest editor for s1 quest.bin or does it work with the updated s2 quest.bin? Crashes for me when loading. I remember DD's beta quest reader would do this on the s2 file. I think, was quite a while ago now :D
it is s1 editor but useful for pullin cbt quest data so posted... i havnt got my compiler set up yet so havnt had time to restruct it for s2

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got the s1 files kicking around so I'll check it out. Never got hold of a version after the beta reader.

Might be worth speaking to Reqviem if you haven't already done so as he made a really good editor for the s2 file. He's done some invaluable work in the last couple of years.

Back