Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found other bugs, I will update this post as I get more errors.

Problem with the Dojo (When you try to enter you get stuck at the entrance and nothing happens,
you must relog to be able to appear inside the DOJO, I tried with the direct teleports that they sell inside the dojo but the same thing happens you get stuck!)
PS: Even if you are already inside after relog, if you try to leave through the portal, the same thing will happen to you, you will be stuck,
I have also noticed that there are some objects that break the game in an absurd way to the point that you must delete your character and create a new one, For example the capsule of the dogi of the great saiyaman gives a horrendous bug, among others that also does exactly what It would be great if they could find a solution, I will leave the codes of each item that I have found bugged:

1) 90007 (Saiyaman Dogi Bugg) BIG BUG BROKE CHARACTER
2)90091 (other dogi idk) BUGGED SAME PROBLEM
3)93001 (other dogi idk) BUGG
4)@additem 1041044 BUGG
5)@additem 7000012 to 7000018 ITEM BUGGGGGGGGG CC
6)@additem 92001 BUGGGG

So far they are the ones that have presented me with problems, if I find more I will notify you

MakotoYuki - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

There is also a detail with the sky and the flight limit, so I see the sky is quite distorted when you take a considerable height, also adding to that there is no flight limit, you can fly infinitely up or to any place it's quite annoying. I will attach an image of the distorted sky but it is not specific, just remember that since I took a photo of my character and remembered that I should report it here, you can still appreciate the distortion or stretching of the texture a bit!
MakotoYuki - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

I will attach another photo in a few hours to be more specific with the problem, although I am sure you have already noticed because we have the same client.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for answering, mm what about adjusting the position of the aura seems to me that it is the packeditor, right? I think that I already have it clear, but what you say about the brightness of the clothes this "itempropertyupgrade xml" I do not understand, is it a file? Where can I get it? It would be great if you could explain a little more to me if it is not too much trouble, I do not have much knowledge yet, a hug

If you have DBO Resource Tool you can "unpack" the scr.pak file of DBO TW. Within that pack file, you will see itemupgradeproperty. That xml essentially lays out the effects of item upgrades. Although, at the moment, the client will only show you the aura of each item and not the special effects surrounding the aura.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, I have understood very little, should I have the TW client? Where do I get the DBO Resource Tool, if you could provide it to me it would be great, or that the itemupgradeproperty file much better!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes having the TW client would help, although you could just use DBOG 1.0's client since it's just TW. Use the DBO resource tool to extract the anything you want from the .pak files from the client. In this case, you use it to extract itemupgradeproperty from scr.pak. Here's a link to download DBO Resource Tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone , i am really interested to participate in the process of learning thanks to this project. Can someone git me a GitHub so i can download the client and source ? I will try my best ! ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone , i am really interested to participate in the process of learning thanks to this project. Can someone git me a GitHub so i can download the client and source ? I will try my best ! ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks a lot ! Can we be in contact during this process ? I would be glad to receive your discord so i can add you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just going to talk a little bit about what's been going on this past month. I've been trying to fix my development environment on my new laptop since I no longer have access to my old one. Unfortunately some of the progress I've made since the last github commit has been lost but it is what it is, I will roll with the punches. Right now, my main focus is getting some basic features working in the client as well as getting some of the tools working properly so that people can play around with them to their heart's content. At the moment, I'm currently learning how some of these tools work so that I may recreate some of them. I hope I can put out some more updates on these soon!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey man, how are you? I have a question, how you edited aura effect? Does your Venus tool allow you to save the edited .eff and run the game?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey man, how are you? I have a question, how you edited aura effect? Does your Venus tool allow you to save the edited .eff and run the game?

I used Venus as a guide for the aura's positioning values and used a hex editor to modify those values, just like what was shown earlier in the thread. Basically, you would need to follow a certain structure provided in the client source (it may even be in the Venus tool's source, if memory serves).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone. It's been a while! I've been busy lately and recently my hard drive with all my work broke with bad sectors and I haven't made backups (very bad practice on my end so remember to always back up your work!). Anyways I just wanted to mention what I want to do in the near future with this project.

Firstly, I plan on attempting to rewrite 2.0's server protocol to work with TW (aka 1.0) since I'm fairly certain the servers are exactly the same except with rewritten login protocols. At the moment I'm going to research how the server handles this as soon as I get my development environment set up once more.

Second, I will continue work on fixing the graphical issues 2.0 has such as the broken upgrade effects.

That's basically what I have been thinking about the past couple of days. I will also attempt to get some tools working, too, since it's not ideal to have to constantly modify hex values to get what we want working lol. I'll also get around to bug fixes so the only thing I request is, if possible, for anyone interested to make a list of bugs in the issues section on 2.0's github! I hope to come back here soon with any sort of update if time allows. I will also try to help anyone if needed and if I know how to fix certain issues on the spot.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful day :)

EDIT: Of course for the first thing, I will upload the modified server protocol on a separate github branch when ready!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone. It's been a while! I've been busy lately and recently my hard drive with all my work broke with bad sectors and I haven't made backups (very bad practice on my end so remember to always back up your work!). Anyways I just wanted to mention what I want to do in the near future with this project.

Firstly, I plan on attempting to rewrite 2.0's server protocol to work with TW (aka 1.0) since I'm fairly certain the servers are exactly the same except with rewritten login protocols. At the moment I'm going to research how the server handles this as soon as I get my development environment set up once more.

Second, I will continue work on fixing the graphical issues 2.0 has such as the broken upgrade effects.

That's basically what I have been thinking about the past couple of days. I will also attempt to get some tools working, too, since it's not ideal to have to constantly modify hex values to get what we want working lol. I'll also get around to bug fixes so the only thing I request is, if possible, for anyone interested to make a list of bugs in the issues section on 2.0's github! I hope to come back here soon with any sort of update if time allows. I will also try to help anyone if needed and if I know how to fix certain issues on the spot.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful day :)

EDIT: Of course for the first thing, I will upload the modified server protocol on a separate github branch when ready!

I'm glad to hear that!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that! A small welcome gift, maybe you already have it but it is Venus adapted for 2.0 working correctly
Thank you! I actually did not have this already so this will help greatly with development on the source! Were you the one who corrected the tool? :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! I actually did not have this already so this will help greatly with development on the source! Were you the one who corrected the tool? :D

You're welcome! Yes, I modified it so that it allows saving correctly, it was necessary to add some values so that it would not be bugged when reading it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have some goodies I would like to share with everyone sometime later today thanks to SanGawku :)
I'm going to update everyone as soon as possible!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have some goodies I would like to share with everyone sometime later today thanks to SanGawku :)
I'm going to update everyone as soon as possible!
Great! I'll be waiting!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey again guys! Ok so if you were paying attention to the github page for my 2.0 fork, you will probably notice a brand new branch! That's the new tw branch. Thanks to SanGawku, he provided the source files that can have you run your own TW server using 2.0's server as a base :)

However, there are errors in the source that will need to be fixed and I will be getting around to that right now. All credits for this fantastic release goes to SanGawku! He's done so much for DBO over the years and I firmly believe that him and his team were critical for where we managed to get to today with the DBO private server community.

He also provided another goodie he gave me permission to release that I will be uploading as soon as I fix the newest branch on the github.

Until then, everyone! And once again thank you so much for this awesome release SanGawku :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey again guys! Ok so if you were paying attention to the github page for my 2.0 fork, you will probably notice a brand new branch! That's the new tw branch. Thanks to SanGawku, he provided the source files that can have you run your own TW server using 2.0's server as a base :)

However, there are errors in the source that will need to be fixed and I will be getting around to that right now. All credits for this fantastic release goes to SanGawku! He's done so much for DBO over the years and I firmly believe that him and his team were critical for where we managed to get to today with the DBO private server community.

He also provided another goodie he gave me permission to release that I will be uploading as soon as I fix the newest branch on the github.

Until then, everyone! And once again thank you so much for this awesome release SanGawku :D:

It's cool! Thanks for sharing it and too for SanGawku!
If i understand correctly, it's server tw 1.69 for using with 1.69 client, true? or it's for 2.1 client?

Back