Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DBOG 2.0 Need guidance with compiling client

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We are trying compile the client according to the instruction from the github but we are still running into some small issues, I appreciate all the help

Asphele - DBOG 2.0 Need guidance with compiling client - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need GFX SDK 3.3 to fix these errors.

Once you download this, extract the folder into DboClient->Lib->NtlFlasher. After that, fix the includes and linker errors as described in the tutorial post. Hopefully this works for you!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I resolved that issue now these problems appear

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I resolved that issue now these problems appear

Ah right, you will need to compile libjpeg. Give me a while and I'll upload precompiled ones.

Download this and extract it to NtlFlasher->GFx SDK 3.3->3rdParty->jpeg-6b->lib->Win32

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5gn6hm1200nsqre/libjpeg.rar/file

If there is no Win32 folder, make one. I hope this helps!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah right, you will need to compile libjpeg. Give me a while and I'll upload precompiled ones.

Download this and extract it to NtlFlasher->GFx SDK 3.3->3rdParty->jpeg-6b->lib->Win32

If there is no Win32 folder, make one. I hope this helps!

Certainly helped, we actually did try compiling the libjpeg project but it did not seem to compile successfully, maybe we needed to use a different VS version?

Also after applying your pre-compiled files, it seemed to have fixed the libjpeg errors, however one error still persists, that being this one.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Certainly helped, we actually did try compiling the libjpeg project but it did not seem to compile successfully, maybe we needed to use a different VS version?

Also after applying your pre-compiled files, it seemed to have fixed the libjpeg errors, however one error still persists, that being this one.

That error is with the 2D Particle Tool which, at the moment, doesn't do anything so you don't have to worry about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay thought so, as for the the actual exe (DboClient\DragonBall\Client) which gets compiled, do we need to copy that over into a DBO game folder? what I mean to say is how can that be run? because usually there is localize and pack folders containing the tbl etc files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes the exe you compiled has to go to the DBOG 2.0 client folder for it to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright! that'd do for now in future if there is any question regarding client, I'll post it here :) thanks for your time.

Thought of making new thread for this but I guess it sorta relates to this anyways. So as per your guide on compiling the tools here http://forum.ragezone.com/f881/compiling-dbog-2-0-tools-1192352/ , when I try to open the DboClient.sln with VS2010 I get an error saying "The selected file is a solution file, but was created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened."
Did you encounter something similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alternatively you can also open it in VS 2019 and downgrade the projects to v100 just like it's explained in the tutorial! Hope this helps.

Back