Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Encountered difficulties when running the server, please help guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Encountered difficulties when running the server, please help guide

Hello, everyone, I am not a developer, and I don’t know how to program. I’m just a person who likes Dragonball Online very much. After closing the server many years ago, I downloaded a server and I can only log in to see the scenery. There is no task. After waiting for a long time, I never saw a version that can be played normally. Until recently, when I searched again, I found this discussion area. In a post, I found the following compiled according to the link. The server and client:

( )

So download it back, unzip the file/directory to the D hard drive according to the instruction file, and purchase it as follows:
( )

It includes a teaching file read.txt, its content is as follows:
How to start the server:
1. run start_master_server.bat
2. run start_query_server.bat and wait until its done.
3. run start_char_server_0.bat
4. run start_channel_0.bat and wait until it finished. Then close it.
5. run start_chat_server.bat and wait until its done.
6. run start_channel_0, start_channel_1.bat (if you need 2 channels) and start_channel_9.bat

I got an error when I executed the second sentence run start_query_server.bat:
( )

It seems that there is a problem connecting to the database. When I check the Database directory, I only have these three files:
( )

I would like to ask everybody, please help me, I am missing the database in this situation or what other reasons? These .sql files seem to be used when importing the database, rather than the database itself, may I ask where can I download the database file? ?
In order to play the game smoothly, I can wait as long as I can. Therefore, if you see this problem, it is a long time to raise it. If you understand it, please leave a message for guidance. I will look up every day to see if there is a solution to it. Until the problem is solved, thank you "you" for your help.

(I hope you can understand the above content, because my English is not good, so I have to use google to translate it, please don't take offense, bear with me)

If someone can use "DBOG 2.0 Open Source" (not in Korean, but in English!) to compile a complete game that can be logged in directly, it will be much simpler. Anyway, I am not using it for server opening, and neither do I Understand programming, so there is no need for external connection, no need to modify and expand the game content, it can be played on this machine, just one person is enough, if someone is willing to help compile and send it to me, I am willing to pay a small fee to show Thank you, you can leave a message to tell me about the price, if it's not too expensive, thank you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! In order to solve this, you will need to host the database (SQL) files. You will need to use something like xampp (what I use) or MySQL. There should be tutorials on how to set up databases on this forum.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! In order to solve this, you will need to host the database (SQL) files. You will need to use something like xampp (what I use) or MySQL. There should be tutorials on how to set up databases on this forum.

I finally waited for someone to reply, I really appreciate you.:thumbup1:

It was too late (recently) to know that there is this forum. The tutorial pictures in this discussion area are invalid and invisible. The video is either invalid or non-English (and without subtitles). I can't learn any setup here. The basic knowledge of the DBO server, only those who have come to this forum in the early days can have the opportunity to learn, now there is no such opportunity, I have to give up, anyway, thank you for your reply, let me know that there are still people willing to share knowledge, thankyou very much.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the global dbo forum, in the source code post, there's everything you need to know it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In the global dbo forum, in the source code post, there's everything you need to know it.

Okay, thank you. May I ask if what you said is the following forum?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
exactly!
it has tools and things about the server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
exactly!
it has tools and things about the server

I am really grateful, I have successfully logged in to the forum and can browse the page you gave the link. I will bookmark it now, and I will read and study in detail when I have time.

Back