Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixing broken calculation

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey peeps, I'm kinda new to cpp, still learning stuff and the learning curve came out a bit harder than originally seemed.

We have a project that was previously owned by a guy who changed a lot of things, and while i managed to fix some of the "mistakes" (power of stackoverflow) there's something that i couldn't figure out.
He added a calculation to stats being higher than they should be, for example, a level 70 legendary would have 66 dex instead of 34.

First thing i did was using a different gameserver.exe to test if the issue was related to only cpps or maybe rdf too, and to my surprise, when the server booted up, the calculation seemed to have disappeared, only our items stayed that we created in the rdf, so in theory we should be able to clean up the cpp, but that's not the case.

I compared the original item.cpp with the one we have, and there's no reference to any multiplier or any calculation changes. I searched for any enchant/option references in the entire solution, checked all of them related to gameserver one by one, still, no success.

Next thing i did was using the released dbog server files and simply replaced the item.cpp/packetgameserver.pp and tried to compile the exe to look for errors and fix them, but the error refers to " can't have 7 arguments"

At this point I'm completely lost, any ideas would be appreciated :laugh:

ps : the reason why i don't use the .exe that has this fixed, is because i can't access the files the exe was compiled from, and i have new events finished that works fine.

Here's the pb for the item.cpp :

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Surely item.cpp isn't the correct item to modify, i don't remember what is the correct, but should be similar to "character"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Surely item.cpp isn't the correct item to modify, i don't remember what is the correct, but should be similar to "character"

The issue has been solved, i found the calculation in another file, it wasn't character related either.

Back