Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help with ports

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, i just made a DBO private server and i want to open it for me and my friends.
I wanted to ask what ports do i need to open and whether they need to be of type TCP/UDP?

and last question, what kind of languages do i need to study in order to work on the server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
50200 should be the only port you really need which connects to the auth server, TCP (or) both (i think)

And from the looks of the github if you're using 2.0 mostly C++

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am logging in with port 20200 to my server not 50200
and i've tried both ports with TCP/UDP, none worked :(

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure which ones you need to open exactly but it would be better if you open ports 20200, 20300, 20400, 30000, 30009. After that make sure you replace the ips with your dynamic ipv4

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it matter if they are of type TCP or UDP? i mean, will it matter if i open all ports only on TCP or UDP?

I've tried to open only TCP ports, same for UDP and it still didn't work to connect to the server through my ipv4, only through localhost i am able to join the server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all the ports you told me to, i've tried to open them on both TCP and UDP separately

The thing is, it doesn't even let me open the server, since i've changed the IP from 127.0.0.1 to my IPv4.

when i only change PublicAddress to IPv4 instead of localhost, it does work to open my server, but can't go past login screen. I am getting Auth Error and Character Error on before i even try to input Username/Password.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you get an auth error when doing that then that means you have to change configoptions.xml. If you can, please post a screenshot of the error you get.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try using the server on localhost and use radmin vpn or hamachi so create a new network and it should work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have changed the ConfigOptions.xml IP in it already, and it didn't work for me.
Also, tried hamachi, it is working.
But, i rather be using ports instead

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is most curious... personally I never used the DBO server for public hosting like that so my knowledge on this is pretty minuscule. I only know that the easiest way is through using networks such as hamachi, or as player1 pointed out, radmin vpn. Did you make sure you properly opened your ports?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I can't get it to work with external ip, even when I replace external ip with hamachi ip it also doesn't work.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
u need to set it up correcly , in all confis, like the adress / public adress ... database adresds ( always localhost) , with hamachi/radmin i dotn remeber hwo to set up the adress xd always doign it iwht a vps, but with them u mostly would need to copy the public ip that hamachi/radmin gives u and replace al ladress with it ( all besides databse one )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I can't get it to work with external ip, even when I replace external ip with hamachi ip it also doesn't work.

You should difference beetween local ip and external ip in the config files, example, the database ip is your local ip

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
easy use local host ip B) , jooking jsut get the base configs and go changing one by one , and forget not to change database ip, just change normal adress and good luck

Back