Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Skills Research

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello DBOFanatics.
ok soo....

Latelly came in my mind in looking towards the skills for PC and Mob's.
and was wondering that on tables all the info related to the skills was just server stuff, but found no info fof visual content ( only icon ).

soo i got confused on how the game woudl load the effect for the skill on the using.
and exemple its burning attack ( swordsman skill) how does the game knows wich effect to play and in wich bone to play/link the effect when an player use it?

another thing i was thinking was that the the effect its linked to the animation instead of it being on the skill table. like exemple

the effect that burning attack effect would be linked in the animation index in the character xml ( exemple the male martial artist xml, on the skill index with the animation id of 2100 ( exemple id ) that would be like the burning attack start ( where it charges teh burning attack, and on the xml it would have an script indicating wich effect it will run , for how much time it would run, and sound and etc.

thats what comes to my head when i try think about it, but im not fking sure if it works like that or not , if anyone here got any idea , fell free to share some aknlwoedge in here because im kinda lost.
---------------------------------------
i shared what came to my head, what i mention might not be true or maybe not even near on how it really works in game, thats why the reason i created this post, to get tho the know the real ansewr.

Back